Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - New Religion -=- Spliff Music, March 2005
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - New Religion -=- Spliff Music, March 2005

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : May 17, 2005 21:40
VA - New Religion -=- Spliff Music, March 2005

Another nice release arrived at my mail: Compiled by DJ Osho and released by Spliff Music, New Religion is a complete journey through the psychedelic morning landscapes...

Spliff Music is a well stabilished label, having released the new Safi Connection album and 6 compilations...

The CD cover and was made by Nirsucar and is mostly in red tones featuring a woman's face...
Cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?spc1cd007_b.jpg:CDs/spc/spc1cd007.html:;

The CD is also red with the same image... No BPMs or track time is written anywhere.

Track List:

1. Elec3 Feat. Anna K - Define Yourself - 8:01
2. Safi Connection - Love Song - 6:25
3. Liquid Phase - Don´t Know Me - 6:33
4. Tox - Pooah - 8:32
5. Alternative Control - Our Reality - 6:10
6. Xsi - One Day - 7:27
7. Jirah - Flow - 8:30
8. Frekualizer - New Concept Of Reality - 7:03
9. Goma - Karmel - 6:50
10. SBS - Lia Space - 7:32

Let's see what we got here track by track:

1. Elec3 Feat. Anna K - Define Yourself --> This release starts in the right way: Elec3 bring us a powerful, but still smooth track, filled with psychedelic noises and the wonderful voice of Anna K... This track works perfectly on dance floor and is also joyful for home listening. Congratulations Igal & Roman for delivering such high quality and good taste production.

The whole, amazing samples:

All the things, you didn't say
All your toughts you blocked from me
Like a southern passed away
Maybe that suposed to be...

All you secrets all your tought
You have placed them in a box
Now the key is your mind
But its really hard to find

2. Safi Connection - Love Song --> Another good track, Safi Connection is always producing something different... This time we got a nice morning tune, with a sample through all the track: "Love..." I like it...

3. Liquid Phase - Don't Know Me --> Another different and psychedelic track, some guitars, good melodies and effects, a pinch of flute notes and a well chosen sample from the movie Matrix - Reloaded:

"- You haven't answered my question.
- Quite right. Interesting..."

This is the faster track on this compilation, 147 BPM, but still very danceable...

4. Tox - Pooah --> Starting with a long slow intro, after the first kick we notice that having three BPMs less than the previous track doesn't make Pooah slower... This is the famous 'Bass Effect'. After 3:30 the guitars show up... Some distortion thru the riff makes it a little more acceptable (I'm not a big fan of tracks that rely on guitars). Anyway, the next build up got me... Good melodies and drive, much more palatable and discrete guitar making up a psychedelic environment.

5. Alternative Control - Our Reality --> We got here a steady track, good samples and nice atmosphere. Lacks a little bit of power IMO, but fits very well this morning compilation... Anyone knows the samples?

6. XSI - One Day --> I love the effects/melodies on this track. Don't know who is XSI, the CD inlay says they are 4 people, but they surely had a lot of work in doing this track... Great effects, the melodies fits perfectly with the voices, many layers of sounds and a good Kick/Bass combination. Keep it up!

7. Jirah - Flow --> One of my favorites, this track embodies the morning spirit: lot of melodies and the right dosage of power for the morning time... High quality production, nice woman's voices and the break around 6:40 makes wonders on dance floors! Innovative ideas in the bass flow and the way the melodies are placed. Great track!

8. Frekualizer - New Concept Of Reality --> After this Jirah track, it's a great responsibility to keep the level up and, arriving with an extra dose of power, Thujon show us he can deal with this kind of situation... Another good track, nice samples (please help me to identify them) and more melodies along the breaks... I think it's a good track to start a morning track.

9. Goma - Karmel --> The 'Melody King' is back with another release. This time the track is powered by a new bassline and believe me or not, the lowest BPM of this compilation fits perfectly with the melodies and the atmosphere of this morning tune...

10. SBS - Lia Space --> We're back to 145 BPMs... Steady track, good snares, many sound layers, more effects and a rolling bassline... The end is packed with astrong atmosphere... Good one!

Verdict: 7.5/10
Favorites: 1(!), 2, 6, 7(!), 8, 9(!) and 10. What can I do? I love melodies!

Recommendation: This release bring us well-crafted daylight music, some more melodic, others with an extra pumping, but all of them joyful to dance to. Another good feature of this release is that it's perfect for home listening as well, I even got some 'nice words' from a pretty lady who came to my place while I was enjoying the first track... Now if you're a DJ looking for something different, not well known, but still effective at the dance floor, try out my favorite tracks from this compilation, they won't disappoint you.

Buy it here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4710
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/spc/spc1cd007.html

Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Mari.Morgan

Started Topics :  5
Posted : May 18, 2005 02:34
Jirah - Flow wicked one!!!

really nice tunes here!

if you have psyvideos and you want to exchange, contact me !

BoOoOoM ShanKar !
ovnimoon
Ovnimoon

Started Topics :  63
Posted : May 22, 2005 23:10
This is very good compilation!!! and my favourite tracks is for sure

Elec3 Feat. Anna K - Define Yourself - 7. Jirah - Flow - 8:30

EXCELLLENT!!! for my style
thanks spliff for this compilation
thanks osho for compiled

peace and love!
http://ovnimoon.rave.cl

Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : May 22, 2005 23:20
Good luck Osho... I'm sure it'll be a great compilation. Any chance of a promo?           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
jello
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : May 23, 2005 02:06
hey Osho my friend! good luck with this one! very nice selection my favs! Freakulizer! pretty nice work Simon! and Alternative Control! kicking tune Rastko&Toca! go spliff go!! cya soon cabron!           hypercore coming soon!
maguu
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : May 24, 2005 18:06
hello Oshry

with these CD me spliff-music surprised that is a good work osho

make in such a way and hopefully see themselves further we in next time here in Switzerland

I forgot: a fu**ing beautiful Cover has these CD

greetings
marco
          -------------------------
www.mistermaguu.ch
www.s-clan-design.ch.vu
orianer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 8, 2006 19:37
i am here for one reason !!!!!
10. SBS - Lia space - my friend - u have a killer music. Killer melodi - just the way i like it. wish u all best - wish to me - to meet u on the dance floor live....

another reson.... oshrey - i always say to u - i don't really like your music - but - this time - i like it a lot.......
good luck
PEACE......
          PsYcHeDeLiC music!!!! -==-=--==
HaVe FuN - PeAcE!!

Mobile 0542388566
projekt^ufo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Mar 15, 2007 22:54
great track by thujon and tox
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - New Religion -=- Spliff Music, March 2005

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance