Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Neverending Story 3 (Zaikadelic) CD 2007
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Neverending Story 3 (Zaikadelic) CD 2007

ILSE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 3, 2007 14:12
VA - Neverending Story 3 (Zaikadelic) CD

01. Overdream - click here
02. M.M.C. - optimal orbit 25
03. Saikozaurus - magic mushroom
04. Digitalist - mind meditation
05. Ocelot - shock to the system
06. Darkpsy - vertigens
07. Encephalopaticys vs Kulu - ultra spinner
08. Becoming Intense - the edge of forever
09. Para Halu - Eternity

Zaikadelic Records from Israel brings it's 6th cd and the end of the Neverending Story triptych. last part was a great piece of compilation and i am very curious what to expect in this as Zaikadelic seems to become a serious counterpart to the doofers in israel.
let me dive into it ..

Overdream is ukrainian and "click here" is a very nice startup for this compilation. spooky atmospheres and a proper deep groove spangled with a few acids keep my attention from beginning. the track does not loose time to start and kicks me nice into a acidic modulated line. sweet changes with the right samples fitting to the idea "LSD 25", and at least since here i am full into it. but unfortunately what was hinted a very little bit in the beginning, that Overdream is able to handle their tool, they absolutely brings it to the boil in the end by trying so many tricks and breaks. i cant emphasize it enough that i dont like such long breaks, but this track was a so nice starter looses its charme with this overacted attitude.

M.M.C.'s "optimal orbit 25" has a more forcing groove and also does not need any long intros nor boring lines to build it up. it keeps attention with lots of little tit bits from beginning. it tweaks and bleeps, yeah that i like!!! the groove is very nice has enough changes to keep me moving and a few nice samples makes me grin too. the build up is logic and shows a golden thread it seems, but in the last minutes it seems ideas gone out. good track and a proper one to the first.

Zaikosaurus starts also with a modest offbeat and a lot of twiggy acids. and after the kick, where it becomes rolling, the spirals kept my brain wiggling. the arrangement becomes more overdosed and complicated later and changes at its right moment with a very phat base has the variety it needs to be satisfying. unfortunately not the last consequence in the end to twist me away but still a good one. i am curious about what to come by zaikosaurus in the future. nevertheless a nice track!

Digitalist from swiss catched my attention long ago with very good tracks and this one is no exception. lines coming from the back and the right highs and lows fitting together in a whole story this is swiss exactness. he has a real twilight attitude in his throughout positive appearance and the leads. very proper production also he shows a wide spread knowledge in the mix. reminds me on some french stuff lately, but in swiss the multicultured way of living is shown here too it seems. this dude will be big in the future i am sure. here he presents me his recent state of the art. very nice tune!

Ocelot, no need to introduce him anymore, as he just brought his 5th solo album on Zaikadelic. and in the same way his recent album was made he starts this goodie in this tribalistic mayhem as his album was distinguished by. he knows how to build up a track and shows here a versed interaction between spooky lines changing to tribalistic exraordinary frenzy. that is a typical Aaron gem as i learned to love his work for. highly psychedelic stuff. more of this please, MORE!!

Darkpsy from Portugal is also quit some time in the circuit he has a really nice groove here. better than i know him in the past, and with thick acidlines on top he builds a massive atmosphere! full packed with a droppy sense of lysergic attitude this track is a deep night track made to be played on a real phat sound system. this will trip you away, if you able to dig the massive way of psychedlic journey he provided access to.

mazedonian recent top man in the psyscene vasko aka Encephalopaticys meets the greek madhad Kulu. here the atmosphere is kind of spooky and you can call it dark. a forcing typical rolling baseline not too dominant has me catched from beginning. the right kicks on the fitting corner building up a massive acid treat on its own is in its way of production also high level. they play with the acidic sounds coming from all sites and twist me away. this is highly psychedelic and i love this shit. the percussions are as always hijacking you as well the lines shooting you from ahead. one of my favorite gems and to be heard in all my recent sets. killer one and best track on this compilation! thx for the music!

Becoming Intense shows up recently on different compilations too and brings here a longer introduction in an epic way. rolling groove from beginning and patient build up. for my taste then it becomes a bit flat. and as i thought now it could start man, the track was almost done. here i miss something, but after i tasted it a few times more than all the others on this cd i found out that here tension is build up extensively. nevertheless here the acid factor is missing even it never losses this epic attitude, but i will look out for working with it in the right moment.

Para Halu finishing the cd as they did in the last one also with a special goodie may be an appetizer for their upcoming album, also to expect on Zaikadelic. a faster groove but definitely a catchy one spreads sunny atmosphere. thick lysergic sounds just had me catched, then the sun seems to shine bright in my eyes as a long break makes me stumble, damn it. two times even. they go on with modulated synths and kick very smart adding the right percussions to it, but these breaks before were not neccessary in my bloody opinion. after they become more complicated and diving deep into a lovely ending trip. without the breaks a blissful hot sunny daytime track.

in the end i have to say zaikadelic was not able to top the last part of the triptych. but it seems the intention they want to go is even more clear now than before. grown up psytrance without any chintzy squiggles. an even more careful selected line up with a few upcoming ones as well established artists making a compilation has a high potential of psychedlica and presents a logic story in its whole. maybe i dont find as much freaking out stompers as on last part, but maybe i have to taste it a few times more to be sure in this. a bit sad that this was last part of a series, but i am sure Zaikadelic will establish a new story in the near future spreading the psychedelic vibe in the right way.
thx for the music!
bOOM
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Dec 3, 2007 23:28
I dont agree with most of this review, personal opinion i guess But Overdream, Digitalist, Ocelot & Kulu Encephalopaticys are worth hearing. The rest were very mediocre in my opinion. Preferred part 2 by far... keep em coming nonetheless..goodluck
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Dec 3, 2007 23:35
agree with zmandan, part 2 was better.. but this VA on its own has good variety of music..
Overdream, Ocelot, Kulu Ence, Digitalist, & really really happy with the darkpsy trac.. reminded me of old dark soho ( SUnspot ) vibe.. dark power!
          ------------------------------
NEMESIS - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2007
PATTERNS EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2009
SEANCE - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2011
PATTERNS II EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2013
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Dec 4, 2007 03:15
I have really enjoyed the MMC, although I agree that the ideas run out at the end.

Also enjoyed the Saikozaurus and here I must disagree w/Ilse and say was into the last run, where the bassline gets a little funky and melodic.

Digitalist is definitely getting better and better production sound, but I haven't heard a track that really grabs me yet.

Kulu and Enceph good for sure, interesting twists and turns, didn't think the production level was as high as I expected from the duo.

As far as the Para Halu goes, much like their track on part 2 an interesting fusion of their older sound with melodies would be much better w/o the breaks imo.

I'll go out on a limb and say I like this more than part 2.
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 16, 2008 13:38
Very good compilation           Kimi-tachi wa keikoku sareta!
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Jan 16, 2008 15:23
Nice cd. Its always good to see newcomers with reputed acts. My fav in this one is Digitalist! Nice one
Good luck to Zaikadelic ... Keep em coming!

BOOM!
          www.braindrop.in
diogo_c
Becoming Intense

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jan 19, 2008 19:35
great review, keep it coming! =)

best wishes to dennis/zaikadelic, pzaikadelic music at its best.

=D          https://www.facebook.com/BiijahRecords

Email diogocborges@gmail.com for friendly, affordable and high quality Mixing and Mastering services!
hallucinator
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jan 20, 2008 02:07
great ending of this story
great review also

but the new story will start soon i think..

very good work from zaika crew

all the best in future

btw..Encephalopaticys vs Kulu - ultra spinner best track for me

respect           Hallucinated Neighbour / Silent Existence
http://www.ektoplazm.com/label/silent-existence
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 20, 2008 09:28
was hoping for much more from zaikadelic... i thought chapter 2 was a lot better than this one... overdream, digitalist & kulu enceph were the best on this cd by far... patiently awaiting the next compilation...all the best zaikaman

BooM
Liquidnoize
Liquidnoize

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 25, 2008 12:31
Night,Psychedelic,freaky ,subtle,intense,clear story Great one
big up to Da Zaika and all the great artists on this one.
vinay
Zoopy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Feb 4, 2008 10:46
The other two don't compare to 1
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Neverending Story 3 (Zaikadelic) CD 2007

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance