Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA LOUD FREQUENCY (DRUGLESS 2005)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA LOUD FREQUENCY (DRUGLESS 2005)

Redlink
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Feb 6, 2005 15:27
VA Loud Frequency - Full On Psychedelic Trance
Label - Drugless/USTA
released - 2005

compiled by dj Mid
Executive Producer dj Mico
Designed by Ofir Liberman
Mastered by Ronen Naor

1 - PsyTekk vs Danny - Mentalic
(w&p by Hanan Biton & Danny)
In the overall i like this track, beautiful sounds combined with a nice powerfull guitar! Starts with a great intro! I liked the bassline and the strong kick, the fx used also, make us float way as the sounds flows from the speakers!
The sad news are that i´ve already heard better guitar tracks!
The better part of this track happens at 6:00 with the deep guitar solo! Extremly beautiful! It just touches you straight in the heart!

2 - Zodiac - Effective Signal
(w&p by Meir Azulay & Nir Levy)
Another track with guitars but concerning to guitar use, it's inferior to the first one!
Strong kick and boucing bass with smooth sounds floating across the tune makes us want to move the body!
The melodies takes us away, they are just simple and effective! I can't wait to hear more from these new guys 'cause i think they still have a lot to offer to the world!

3 - G-Light - Alive Substance (another mix)
(w&p by Max Vishnevsky)
Max just keeps making good music in Russia! Strong bass and kick that he already has presented to us combines extremly well with the soft tunes and melodies! Great combination of sounds in this mix, i loved the Max breaks!
This ones shows a lot of Goa spirit in it! Great one this combo of great goa parts and psy parts! Just as i was expecting!

4 - Zodiac - Ediroll
(w&p by Meir Azulay & Nir Levy)
In my oppion this is even better that Effective Signal 'cause it was even more spirituality bound to it!
Same amount of kick and strong bass but it's just the other elements and their combination that makes this track great! The melodies are very good and in the second part they only get better! Great work, guys!
I see a big future for this two guys!

5 - Cosmic Station - Ohm Vision
(w&p by Fingas & Lea @ Cosmic Labs)
Great vocal from the heavens in the intro! Strong kick and good bassline from this portuguese guys, and also very good friends! I like their style a lot, full of Goa spirit and cosmic psychedelia and so dj Mid did!
Nice good breaks and sounds along the track! Great part after 4:50, amazing melodic filter just makes us wanna dance, and fills my heart with joy!
They are a big portuguese promise that will rock the psytrance scene!
Fingax & Lea keep working great has with did so far!

6 - Night Creatures - Esc
(w&p by Shimon Kagan & Eitamar Ben Lulo)
This one is also very good, with the nice melody following you all the way from the begining! Nice combination of drums by these guys!
After 2:20 a great melodic tsunami hits you straight in the brain and makes u dance! Either you want or not!
Nice, very nice in the overall with great amont of psychedelia in it! The great filters were made to drive you mad and after 5:00 the joy comes to take over your heart and your mind! I just couldn't help to go with the flow!!!

7 - Narkotix - Red Label
(w&p by Eliran Laniado)
great psychedelic trance with a good combination of sounds and great atmospheres and ambiences! Not as melo as the others before, more minimal but very, very groovy indeed with great filters and full color track!!!
The final part of this track it's just a rainbow of sounds! Great melodic final to a great music! Can't wait to hear more from this guy! Another big promise!

8 - Optokoppler - Sie Nannten ihn Locke
(w&p by Oliver Schmidt & Tim Rusken)
The smoothest begining so far, with streams of color passing by in flashes! The kick and the bassline isn't so hard as some of the previous tracks in ths compilation but the smoothness carries you away very easly!
And this song has a great second part, with a good melody and awesome pads that fill your head and your soul!!! Amazing work guys!

9 - Ananda Shake - Fucking Time
(w&p by Asher Swissa & Lior Edri)
This was the track that raised more expectations in me and boy, they have been reached! Killer track filled with the great Ananda's powerfull stompin' vibes!!
Great combinations with the amazing sounds and the good breaks are all across the song! The melodies are great, with the great smooth leads that this guys have already showed us, just reminds us the killer debut album that has came out a few weeks ago! This is without any doubts one of the best tracks in the cd!

10 - Ellis - Karin
(W&p by Ellis de Emak)
Nice intro in this one! And then back again to the hard kick and strong bassline! I like a lot that this guy uses in his creations!
Nice melodies to make your spirit float along the song! Another guy with a great amont of Goa spirit in him! Another guy that will make great music in this near future!

Have a good time all the time!
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Feb 6, 2005 22:46
1. After a debut album not very personnal, i was wondering what Psytekk would done here. I’m estonished to listen to some electric guitar & accoustic guitar riffs married with chimes. I’m not convinced by the electric guitar part, too heavy for me, nevertheless the chimes from the intro which gets transformed is nice. At least i must congratulate Psytekk & Danny for producing a tune on their own even if i’m not total fan of Mentallic.

2. Zodiac are one of the numerous newcomers on this complilation. Effective Signal corresponds more to my full on tastes. Once again we’ve got here electric guitar riffs, but these ones are clearer & more shrill, it fits me more. Furthermore i’ve noticed some sounds not too much frequent in full on like : an extra leaf spring bass (from 5’37), marimba (from 1’20), spacey melhancholic synth (from 4’38 ) ; which are contributing to the musical colours festival explosion among others tones more usual delivrered in this track.

3. If G-Light keep his level production like this (i remember of ‘I’ve been born’ on Doof), the guy will be soon on the point of egalizing the notoriety of Parasense for the rank of most famous psytrance russian artist, as they are a bit production sleepy these days. Alive Substance is very lively & hapy, the track consists in a cycling up morning lead. After 3’15 it’s evolving into more freaky full energizer with huge twist or major detuning that happens on leads by intermittence (4’10 to 5’05).

4. A flute melody with an alike birdy singing in the background opens magnificently Ediroll. On the other hand i find awful the period running from 4’00 to 6’00 what a butchery ! For me there’s no doubt this second Zodiac song is less good than first one, only the peacefull parts here find favour to my ears ; mixed feelings so.

5. Cosmic Station from Portugal brings the full on-goa touch in Loud Frequency of course what else could we expect from a track entitled ‘Ohm Vision’, just amazingly blissfull.

6. Night Creatures offer in Esc a pumping bassline coppled with a heavy kick, concerning the lead let’s say it’s whining. The structure bolts with the appearance of a fast melodic loop at 2’30. After a break around 3’30 where the rythmic seems panting, the lead gets extremly incisive announcing the final spacey mewing whirlwind .

7. Narkotix begins Red Label on a nebulous atmosphere. At 2’10 a cosmic, floating & intimate ambience settles. At 4’10 you’re entering a zone with more turbulenes. Between 5’00 & 5’40, you can perceive small collision or rubbing with meteorite’s dust on the metallic fuselage of your spaceship. Then you’re recovering a peacefull milky way, a feeling reinforced with the presence of a lunar lead with echoe at 6’38.

8. Optokoppler with Sie Nannten Inh Locke (as it’s not mentionned anywhere i guess they are from germany) puts you in a sweet morning soundscape with the impress of some few water drops falling randomly, at 1’38 some percussions are added. 2’50 a cycling down lead happens.
Between 3’50 to 4’15 there’s a short moment i don’t like, especially the melody & its lead. But the sweater harmony comes back associated with some spaceship reactor souds. The final takes all the ingredients already heard in the track & this time the cycling lead is upway, concluding on these mysterious water drops falling.

9. Ananda Shake invites you through Fucking Time into some cosmic energic full on time composed of several jerky sounds, grumling synth in the background (at 2’26). Was it necessary to put the sample ‘Any of of you sons of bitch…’ overheard in the israelian full on production, i’m sure not.

10. Eliss closes the compilation on a morning melodic & emotionnal full on with fast & numerous arpeggios & loops. Karin posseses a chime with echoe & lots of resonnance as lead, conferring an oniric feeling to the tune. Between 1’43 & 2’12 it’s one of the rare moment where the melody isn’t an arpeggio, furthermore the lead is particularly deep in sad emotion. Then here we go again for a deluge of arpeggios & loops in your ears but also a nice range of tones.

More than half of tracks comes from newcomers, the compilation contains 10 tunes, the production quality is globally good with fresh sounds, the isralian artists aren’t developping here too much the current formated isralian full on sound as nearly all artists involved here got their musical personnality ; ok i must admitt the artwork is pure bullshit as negative point. So it's an interesting debut release for Drugless records.

highlights :3,5,7
good :2,8,6,9,10
8/10
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Feb 16, 2005 11:46
Finally i've listen the all album...
it was what i was expecting.. great music and great style.. Happyness and melodies
i'll not comment each track cause its no needed.. thers some nice reviews already..
just want to say that new tracks from new artists are a must for any fullon lover.
First track on the album is killer. thats the track with the intro of the album. very well done by psytekk. i've heard that this is part of the old style he had. now he's coming with new and powerfull style.. i've got to keep an eye on his work wich is getting better and better.
Second and forth tracks are from Zodiac. 2 young artists coming with their full on style, realy nice and melodic always with good kick&bass to make u dance the mellows are the strong point of these guys.. upcoming album on Usta rec Israel.
G-light made a hell of track here as well. powerfull and uplifting, this guy know how to do it great expectations from these well succeded producer from cold russia looking forward for to know his new stuff.
Night Creatures is one of my favourite tracks. these guys will rock big time. great creativity. i love the notes they give to the story they want to tell... beautifull and powerfull as well..
Narcotix have made it well with this track 7. nice ride through a more deep voyage not so fullon but killer and well done. great ambiences and good story tellers..
Optokopler, Drugless new artists, introduce them selfes into trance comunity with this good track. worth to check their work. nice production, good synths and good sound, are the main points of these project.
Ananda shake and his fucking track is fucking killer and well known from you already. These guys are very talented as u see on theire album. killer full on powerfull and uplifting. melodic to the bones thats what i like.. these guys know how to make a killer track.
To finish the compilation ellis made a super hit with KArin. Beautifull landscapes and cut brething melodic lines are the best from the track. very goa oriented and fullon as well by the rythms and fast bassklines in the track, perfect for let your spirit float into this beautifull story that ellis told us with this one. as always, ellis surprised me with his talent. this guy will rock for shure.

So at the end of these album i realized what these artists are up to make and shure they will be big.
All tracks are very same style, and very nice melodic fullon orienteted.
The choise of the tracksa by Dj Mid was very well done and the conductivity that Mid put selecting and making these tracks feet the best way on eachother.
im waiting for the next one
good job Drugless and Usta crew Looking forward to hear more from you

Keep making what u do best
Promoting good underground psychedelick mind blowing cutting edge trance music

Boooom
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Mar 28, 2005 18:50
Amateur stuff by the sounds of it... not so much depth, though you will find plenty of morning melodies here. Nothing stood out for my ears - pass.
Spectron

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 31, 2005 00:11
ellis suprise me every time...
fuckin amazing track my favorite here..
explosion of emotions...

keep rockin my friend....
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 31, 2005 13:06
Agreed with basilisk here. It's ok, but nothing really special and it's a cd you can do without. If it's ever on bargain you might consider it, and even then it's when there's nothing else available.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
jungle fuck
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Mar 31, 2005 18:31
i have to agree not a such a good compilation
but ellis rokt it over.
Or (Art Tuch)

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 5, 2005 02:12
ohhhhh ananda shake what a fucking timeee!!
amazing track!
open for me a new world that i didnt knew....

the first time that i get into trance in a very hard way was with this killlerr track!!

lior keep making me shakeee!!!
you are the best!
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jun 14, 2005 15:28
the sample 'any of you sons of bitch' appears at 5'53 in the track 9 from Ananda Shake.
The 2'26 reference concerns the grumling synth & not this sample.
I make this clarification due Lior/Ananda Shake telling me through PM i 'm confunding his track with another from this compilation & he never used it in his track.
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 21:17
Very Good Full On Compilation..
My Fav : 1-2-6-7(!!)-8(!)-9(!!)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA LOUD FREQUENCY (DRUGLESS 2005)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance