Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Liquid Legacy (Hypergate Rec.) 2011
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Liquid Legacy (Hypergate Rec.) 2011

At0m
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Sep 1, 2011 12:18:55
Album......: VA - Liquid Legacy-Compiled By Sidhartha
Genre......: Psychedelic
Label......: Hypergate Records
Catalogue..: HGRCD008
Url........: www.hypergate-records.com

Tracklist:

1.-Sidhartha Vs. Alienn - Liquid Legacy
2.-Karmacrop Vs. Geko - Explain Yourself
3.-Khopat - Full Encoding
4.-Spector Vs. Neurotronik - Power Of The Fear
5.-Tryon - Resonance
6.-Sidhartha - Omniverse
7.-Klacid - Train Your Brain
8.-D-Maniac - Personal Decisions
9.-Nature Disaster Vs. Shaddai - Clone Wars
10.-Magneto Vs. Brainwash - The Trip

1.-Sidhartha Vs. Alienn - Liquid Legacy

A collaboration from these two has potencial to turn into something amazing, but it was not really the case.
The intro doesn't remind me at all none of the artists involved in this track, then the kick/bass starts and we are starting to get a bunch of known effects and leads by the two artists. As the track evolves it gets more intense but nothing unexpected happens nor the breaks are complex. The end is still the best part of the track, but nothing we never heard before. Average "plus" track, considering the potencial involved.

7.5/10

2.-Karmacrop Vs. Geko - Explain Yourself

The begining is promising, with good filtred snare loops and good pace. The break at 02:00 is too long and doesnt enter with much power, only after a break or 2 it gets better. Again the end is the best part, but nothing spectacular.

7.5/10

3.-Khopat - Full Encoding

I had great expectations about this track, because im loving new Khopat tracks and this track is a big WOW!!!
The start is typically Khopat's style. At 01:10 we start having fun and jumping, and from then to the end it's a non stop full-on journey with very inteligent starts and breaks that left your brain melted hehe. From 02:30 and on we get a jaw-dropping in your face masterpeace by khopat until the end.
One of, if not his best track to date, simply amazing track, the compilation is worth only for this track Very good job my "friend" Vasco and don't get upset, because i love your work and respect it a lot

9.5/10

So far so good 2 average/good tracks and a "Shockwave Bomb", let's go to the next one, shall we?

4.-Spector Vs. Neurotronik - Power Of The Fear

I don't really know these two artists very well, so i don't know what to expect, but from what im hearing it has good pads and some good snare breaks. This one is more on the melodic side of full-on even if the melodies are the scary type. This one has a really good pace, good melodies and breaks. It grabbed me yes sir.

8/10

5.-Tryon - Resonance

Sorry but like this track, i've heard many times before, not much to say about this track because it's very average. Some goos breaks and melodies here and there but nothing to write home about. In the end the things get better but thet do not overshadow the rest.

6.5/10

6.-Sidhartha - Omniverse

Sidhartha wastes no time and delivers the kick/bass soon in the track. He does not do bad tracks and this one is no exception, even thought i heard better from him, because i love his work. A solid 8.

8/10

7.-Klacid - Train Your Brain

Wow , this one is a burner, really cool effects and leads with good rhythm. I'm starting to like this guy because he manages to grab us until the very end of the track, and that's a good think i guess.

9/10

8.-D-Maniac - Personal Decisions

Again, wow, i say this because there are so many portuguese artists in this compilation
Now we have a more light side of the full-on, but really it doesn't grab me so much, full-on is power and this is more on the morning side for me. He made a good job on this one, but i think it doesn't fit well on this compilation.

6/10

9.-Nature Disaster Vs. Shaddai - Clone Wars

Back to the twilight, here we have a good collaboration with each one making his part of the song very well, good one yes, the end is amazing imo.

8/10

10.-Magneto Vs. Brainwash - The Trip

Great premise Magneto + Brainwash = Brain Melting Bomb !!! Really? Not so much... And that's a shame, but it stays the effort, because after all the tracks i listened before, exception made to D_Maniac this one doesn't really stand out. Many break and sh!t but nothig really effective, if you know what i mean.

7.5/10

Final Thoughts:

After seeing the "crew" involved in this compilation i thought: It's going to be one hell of a compilation, and it was, but hell got a little bit colder after track 6
Go buy it, because it's worth it, only for the Khopat track hihi, cheers.
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Sep 1, 2011 16:43
Very nice compilation.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Sep 6, 2011 15:38
the tryon track was refreshing in that it runs @ 146 bpm - it has some good sounds but i have always felt that his work lacks cohesive flow and this one is the same - will surely be keeping an ear out for his future releases...

shadai vs nature disaster - clone wars, great track - love the grizzly melodies, very solid @ 145 bpm

the solo sidhartha effort is probably his best tune on the cd - love the way that the melodies go crazy towards the end, especially that very silly hyper feeling it gets - all in all he does not fail to deliver the goods

khopat - full encoding is a beast of a track, running at 147 bpm - it reminds me alot of the time twisters track 'tic tac' released back on synthetic alchemy .. but dont get me wrong, when this track kicks in full steam ahead - its definitely got its own thing going. great track with some thoroughly menacing sounds, especially during its final climaxes. just more evidence for my case - its time for a khopat album to be released !

other tunes that i thought stuck out were sidhartha vs alien, and karma crop vs geko (looney tune this one)

sounds like i need to check out the klacid track some more...

good review by at0m, and solid work by sidhartha and the hypergate crew           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Liquid Legacy (Hypergate Rec.) 2011

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance