Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - va karmachanic's true trance recs 2002
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

va karmachanic's true trance recs 2002

tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jan 13, 2003 21:40
well, well, well, what have we here? a late entry from the end of last year thats what. True trance records release what i think is their first compilation "Karmachanics". Compiled by dj ziki whoever he may be, this is a solid effort with some very good tracks, as well as some that are, frankly, as bad as the pun in the title.
Kicking off with a great orion track similar in style to the one that appeared on ectoplasma on iboga earlier last year, awesome full on with lots of room. we then move into mino's contagious which i really like with its spacey and dark guitar effects - it is nice to see someone doing something a bit different with guitar noises rather than the usual "rock" riff style, and as always with mino this has wicked percussion. The crazed south african vanna and only slightly less crazed astralien are up next in their rinkadink guise, good tune with rinakdaink stylings and bizzare samples neatly mashed together in their own inimitable fashion. The first slight dissappointment of the comp. follows with the intergalactic track that i am not a great fan of, just the wrong side of good for me, and the sample seems a bit pointless. Then astrix and atomic p's well know visions - i like this track and you almost certainly know it.. storming in a word! Karmachanic and junya then weigh, in with a tune that i am afraid is by far the worst track on the compilation.. an annoying bassline and cliched riffs make this sound like it was made in '92 or smthing, sorry for being harsh guys but i know you can do much better than this. Back to intergalactic who put in a much better effort and one that i quite enjoy (and this time the sample is quite cool ) shows what they can do. Next, the rmx of ultima is good but not nearly as good as the storming original on the nano records comp. imho. still, if you haven't heard that, this is still pretty fine . and last but by no means least we get cosma.. this is of course an excellent tune and i'll be playing it for sure!
all in all this is pretty good, shame the quality control is not consistent throughout. oh, i should mention that you get two cds for your money, one unmixed and one mixed by dj ziki. I haven't actually listened to the mixed cd, but it is a nice touch i think.
7 / 10 is the score on the door

1> Orion : Nicebytes
2> Mino : Contagious
3> Rinkadink : Neurbionku
4> Intergalactic : Ice Man
5> Astrix And Atomic Pulse : Visions
6> Karmachanics And Junya : Domo
7> Intergalactic : Rachel
8> Rinkadink : Ultima (Koon Rmx)
9> Cosma : Tipical Noise           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Jan 13, 2003 21:42
nice cd
astrix and intergalatic trax are nice
but for sure the best here is Comsa !

What A Killlller trackkk !!!           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Jan 14, 2003 10:10
Is this an Israeli label by any chance?           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jan 14, 2003 10:25
It's Ziki's label, he's Israeli, but have been living in Japan for few years already, and works this label from Japan. So it's a joint venture you can say.
The next release is a cooperation with Bionics- the Intergalactic album.

Ziki is a great guy, and used to work with Shem records here is Israel- check the Isratrance database.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jan 14, 2003 10:35
btw: Shem rec. is still alive?           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jan 14, 2003 18:58
Well, i Think that this compilation is really avrage, the cosma track is very good, but there is few tracks that i cant listen to them (Tom, You Know what i mean)           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
Mad Hatter

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jan 15, 2003 08:34
nice compilation! Intergalactic tracks are great!
fav: 3,4,6,7,9           .ONE.
Gran
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 16, 2003 00:13
Great V.a compl. !!!!!
Very psychadelic !

w.T.G !!

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : May 26, 2006 00:16
This was released back in 2002, but my copy arrived today (it was not another problem with the mail man ).
I think this is the best album I bought this year!

A lot of good morning tracks here, some weird psychedelic stuff also...

I bought the album because of Tipical Noise (which is just perfect), but now I'm enjoying most tracks.

Also it's a two CDs release, the second CD is mixed. Highly recommended compilation.
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - va karmachanic's true trance recs 2002

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance