Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Electric (Medium, 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Electric (Medium, 2002)

Luiz Paulo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 23, 2002 02:46
VA - Electric - a concept in trance (Medium, december 2002)

1.Silent Sphere-Electric
2.Dj Exanimo vs Seth-Philosofiction
3.Sesto Sento-Sentomental
4.Atomic Pulse-Vision Quest
5.Herbal Essence-Waterkant
6.Silent Sphere-Confuse
7.Symphonics-Druids
8.D-Vei-Nation

This is different from previous Medium releases. It borders on full on here and there, but the progression is still very much present and alive. In a way, I awkwardly feel that Bim has lost his touch - he definitly changed his sound, but judging from when I saw him DJing, he most surely can put a dancefloor to work...
Kicking things off is newcomer Simon Weber and his disc-titling track, which is exactly that: electric. Raw energy, good breaks, energetic as it gets. A definite corker. Next up is my buddy Seth and his collaboration with Exanimo. I've been hearing this since it was born, and its power still amazes me - that is one hell of a bassline. Another dancefloor stormer - and I've seen the kind of havoc it can wreak.
Next up is talented israeli trio Sesto Sento. I was looking for another "Smooth", which is simply brilliant, and instead I felt disappointed. "Sentomental" just doesn't work for me. It goes nowhere, it hasn't got neither punch nor progression. Still in the holy land we get mass-producing Tamir "Atomic Pulse" and his way-too-typical samples and synth lines, pitched down a notch. Not really my stuff - creativity folks, for crying out loud!
Which is what we get with Herbal Essence and "Waterkant", my favourite here. Groovy, good pads, atmospheric, sharp female samples - and a break to die for. Followed by another Silent Sphere track, the most full-onish of the bunch. Is this the european answer to Astrix? Simple, yet overly efficient dancefloor material - and that church chorus (or whatever that is) in the break is something magical.
Then comes another newcomer, Symphonix and his "Druids". A good progressive tune, a more tighter feel, some more nightish influences, slower tempo and nice percussion. It works, though it's nothing out of the ordinary. And then, to wrap things up are D-Vei (with a Tegma hand), who provide a morningish little groover, with a beautiful intro, good progression, again, nice perc work, nice little melodic lines, and that's all. Not really to die for. Average stuff.

Conclusion: some shining moments, some average tracks. Nothing bad, but I was hoping for more. Pack the last two Medium compilations, and you got one very good disc. Favorites: 5, 6, 2, 1.           the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist....
Munchie
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  109
Posted : Dec 23, 2002 18:07
it seems to me like medium are slowley moving from their trademark german prog style towards something more fullon-ish. I even dare to say that they're taking on a slightly Israeli form. Dunno if it's good or bad, i guess i'll have to buy the cd and find out... Review Shortly           MiniMAL cabron...
BISHOP
Miracle

Started Topics :  115
Posted : Dec 25, 2002 00:34
i dont know all the album but the track Exanimo + Seth (Boom Brazil) are killla, Sesto Sento no coments, amazing music and Atomic Pulse track very good too... nice compilation, Medium rules!!!
Setherial Sourcerer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 25, 2002 02:33
Sorry but Medium NEVER had a trademark, actually, if u say to Bim that his label is a progressive label, he will be very annoyed!
Off course that medium released more progressive than Fullon....but Fullon has always been a part of the label, even if it is small, They have released fullon tracks from Oforia, MWNN, Tim Schuldt, Chi AD in the past and Im sure that Bim was feeling like he forgot to release more fullon after so many mainly prog. releases. Another thing to point is that Bim always liked Israeli tendencies and Goaish psy. So the truth is that nothing actually changed in medium philosofy...           Pure Evil Is As Pure As Innocence! >;[

...........by Damian Thorne (Omen III)
Setherial Sourcerer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 25, 2002 02:36
About Electric compilation...it is for sure a great release, its not my cup of tea at those days actually, but its a good release...my favs. are Atomic Pulse track and Herbal Essence track...and another thing..Luiz...its not Exanimo vs Seth, its Exanimo vs Setherian =)) ..Seth is the dj, not the producer...and christian is the guy behind them ahhaahahaa           Pure Evil Is As Pure As Innocence! >;[

...........by Damian Thorne (Omen III)
ThiagoNAKA
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Dec 28, 2002 01:34
Great compilation. I liked almost all tracks. But my fav here are Electric, Waterkant and Druids.

And about this new style of compilation, I think it´s great. I´d rather this kind of compilations, where I can find all kind of tracks I like.

Congratulations to Midijum Records and crew.           LOADING...
Tatsu

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 29, 2002 16:33
this is one of my favourite comps this year. all the tracks are nice but the silent sphere tracks are just amazing and also the herbal essence track is a killer. i hope both projects will release more stuff soon!! if medium continues in this direction they will have a big fan in me.           Something 'bout those little pills - Unreal the thrills they yield - Until they kill a million brain cells - I'm going down to... La La Land!
(Green Velvet: La La Land)
bubla

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 29, 2002 16:47
great comp
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Jan 8, 2003 17:22
Liked this album. Can’t believe I’m actually connecting to Sesto Sento and Atomic Pulse tracks.
This album is diverse, at times full on, at times progressive and even minimal.
Who are Herbal Essence?

Cover is boring imo.           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Electric (Medium, 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance