Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA Dusk till Dawn on Sonic Motion records 2006
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA Dusk till Dawn on Sonic Motion records 2006

darwinprocess

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 14, 2006 00:08
Sonic motion records
Dusk till dawn compiled by dj Atyss,

I have known Atyss for his dj sets for Rave Up on radio FG and his party mixes with Patrick Rognant… good psychedelic sound…
What has impressed me the most with Dusk till Dawn is the variety and the quality of the tunes. The production beeing spot on and homogenous on each of the tracks, we quickly find ourselves confortable with the concept of a progressive mix with a gentle start, a psychedelic peak, and a finish that takes us into ambient.
In the end, what we have is a party in a box and a very good first realease for this young parisian label.

JLK- Mission to Acapulco
The CD starts very strongly, with very clean sounds and a very Bondified melody, a surprising kick, all goods things in this well crafted tune. This is progressive trance as we like it, evolving in every aspect, Mission to Acapulco is a like a high altitude dive, an excellent introduction.

Greg Morand Atyss – Magnetic sign
Atyss leads us directly onto the dance floor, with is direct and explosive style, it’s nervy, the kick/bass couple is uncompromising, the very digital texture of the big synthesizer sends a good load of energy with an acid melody, we can feel on the break that Atyss is still holding some back, and it restarts as we would have hoped… straight forwards… and it’s not over yet.

Geko – Dramatic corner
We change vibe here, and the pressure is increased in its rhythmic intensity and darkness. Amir brings us on a pump bass line with a head spinning, space filling sample, numerous breaks and filter modifications as well as very digital pads. The break is welcome here (he speaks French !) and the track then becomes a dark and heavy tunnel with an evolving light at the end of it, represented by a developing melody with good tone variations along the bass line. To make this a little more graphic, it’s like Xenomorph turning up at the end dressed up as Dark Soho… mmmhh.

Deeper in zen – Listen closely
If you had to bring a trance novice to a party, you should play him this tune. We find all the ingredients of typical festival tracks, it’s sunny, energetic, the bass rolls and we have a lot of space. We receive waves of U.Vs in this track with its « burning man under the sun » construction in sounds, it’s precisely this direct and primal aspect of the track that I enjoy…

Tim Schuldt et Holeg – Living entity
We expect romantic surges (Tim Schuldt is, for me, the master at this) and a typical Holeg dark vibe from this track. And boy do they deliver! It’s a massive and well-fashioned track, jam packed full of goodies. At three minutes from the end a very dark (but short) sample coming straight from the world of Skinny Puppy can be heard, which leads us towards what we had expected from the beginning, the bass lines and guitar riffs of Mister Schuldt… this might be familiar to some of you

Sonic Motion – Riding little red hood
Poor Little Red Riding Hood, from the start we can sense that she’s in trouble… Indeed, her little melody announces her downfall… Poor Little Red ridding hood indeed… An old high tech wolf pounces on her after only thirty seconds, and he is equipped with the appropriate amount of bass and kick. Saying this tune kicks arse would be an understatement; I enjoyed the synths a lot, as it’s a very electronic track, the peak of the compilation in terms of intensity, which enables us to catch a glimpse of the dawn to come.

Atyss et Deeper in zen – Neural connection
This is a track that feels like a little break before the come down in this concept-mix-compilation. It nice to have a bit of a breather, but it’s still pretty compact with a heavy kick-bass. The sounds are less aggressive than in the previous tracks but this does not mean that there are less of them or that they not well tailored, they keep on coming from all sides !! All these are put in place progressively and a ends with a liberating melody.

Triskell – Periphery
A classic Parisian track that we were expecting… straight from the start, a sound is introduced that make you check in your pockets to make sure you haven’t lost anything, a bit of delay and off we go… excellent bass line, a masterpiece by Triskell for this great introduction. This track progresses logically, we are brushed along with a bit of bass here, panoramic sounds there, a bit of a quicker pace here, and a breaks with a melody exploring the lower tones there. It’s all very well organised and we slowly regain the surface. It’s pure Triskell…

Greg Morand et Ninja – Morphing
We can feel that Atys is slowly reducing the sound pressure that could be felt in the two previous tracks, this continues with the more subtle sounds that he has created in collaboration with Ninja. This track is more tranquil and evolving. The sounds are more open in this tune, with its round and present bass which filters through an catchy melody characterising a typical morning track.

Polaris – Vapor
Is your girlfriend complaining that the music is too heavy ? This track is for her !! It's very well made, the equilibrium of the round sounds is finely put together, everything has its place, and inter relate perfectly, especially the introduction of the lead synth around the 1’50 mark, the sounds converse, intertwine in space, all of Polaris’ experience is laid out here. A very good track which remains energetic (145 bpm no less !!) a healthy but soothing dose of energy, ideal after a few hours of dancing.

Standalone – Nomad
To end this mix, Atyss goes further into refinement and precision with this ambient track by Standalone. We are slowly led along with our nomad friend who invites us into his sound caravan with camel inspired influences, there is sand, rocks and azure skies that can be found nowhere on earth. Ambient at its finest and most efficient.

In conclusion, I found this compilation very original, and the way that it has been put together really reminds me of a mix, the variety of tracks and sounds that we hear makes this compilation stand out from other compilations released recently. The artists from the compilation and its creator have not conceived this to be just another product and this can be felt. Again, Bravo…

www.sonicmotionrecords.com
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/som/som1cd001.html
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Sep 15, 2006 09:15
yo.. here it is...
Thanks for posting darwin process...
MAn I shuld say this compiltaion has POwaa
and Dj atyss has realy cooked some good tunes...
Phat bass line and LOot of variation ... And also a good track from triskell ..he's killaa for sure...
My fav track is Deeper in zen wid atyss = neural connection
good compilation all to gether           0x00000PSy
^yeti^

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 17, 2006 07:42
powerful !
good different sounds .
complete album is good.
technodrome
Technodrome

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 4, 2006 15:36
go go geko for sure its a killer track its just one of many more bombs that he makes!!!

good luck geko and sonic motion records!!!

boom!!           next album is coocking!!!!
Sin Records
Sin Records

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 4, 2006 19:06
nice one atyss ehheeh i hope more to come in the future , good line up on the VA , and for sure ur a great person !!

cya soon           www.sinrecords.com

Darkpsy "SILENT NOISE" OUT NOW
V/A "First SIN" OUT NOW
N3XU5 "BODY BEATS" OUT NOW

www.sinrecords.com/shop
Medusa Records
Medusa Records

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 6, 2006 18:33
Geko/ an artist that got my attention...well done and hope to hear loads more from you...keep it boing...
existranz

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 21:59
well done!!
it goes straight and i like it!!
shaktipat

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 11, 2006 14:50
really luv the tim shuldt track, it reminds me a lot of good things.
well done
          ambient demo mix http://shaktipat.free.fr/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA Dusk till Dawn on Sonic Motion records 2006

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance