Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Dragon Tales 3 (Tatsu Records, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Dragon Tales 3 (Tatsu Records, 2001)

___kaz
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 2, 2001 17:43:26
VA - Dragon Tales 3 (Tatsu Records, 2001)

1. Ohrston Norrs - Drunken Drums
2. Mel.lar - Knaerz
3. Ryan Halifax - Bless You People
4. Piratefiles - Sweeter
5. Neomi - Klanggewebe
6. Magnetrixx - Thrystor
7. Source Unknown - Last Minute
8. Necmi - Signs
9. D-Nox and Sly Fynn - Muy Caliente

Drunken drums kicks off this compilation with a deep groovy feel with some strong house touches in a minimal style. Continuing the groovy feel we get Knaerz which is less housy and more active... closer to the classic "minimal" style. Bless You People continues with a much darker feel, but not as well executed IMO. Sweeter is very percussive with a lot of electro SFX jumping around there. Quirk influences all over the place, but many good ideas are lost in the track. Klanggewebe goes for a more uplifting feel, with a well executed break which gives that track the extra kick it needed. Magnetrixx with a very standard minimal track up next, nothing special at all, not executed extraordinarily (either good or bad). Last Minute goes back to the dark minimal grooves, better executed than Bless You People. Signs is a track that gives all of the 3DVision crowd their fix, with a more minimal feel, but not up to par with the 3DV quality. Muy Cliente end the compilation with a much more active morning sound, and much more percussion intensive, and is probably my favorite track of the album.

Favorites: 1,4,7,9
no order in the tracklist (should have been organized differently), a lot of new names, interesting style, but just doesn't cut it IMO.
___spin@
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 2, 2001 22:33:04
i got the magnetrixx 12inch...

i gotta chack this cd, sounds good

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Dragon Tales 3 (Tatsu Records, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance