Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Destinatioins @ Iono Music (02/2007)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Destinatioins @ Iono Music (02/2007)

Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Feb 12, 2007 21:39
Name : Destinations
Year : 2007
Label : Iono Music
Cover : http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?inm1cd004_b.jpg:CDs/inm/inm1cd004.html:;

First release of Iono music in 2007 after the good one "Back From Beyond", some new names are here and lets hear what the guys in Iono prepared for us.

Tracklisting:
1 Sound Field - Second Step Above The Sun (Etnoscope Remix) (8:21) 132 BPM
After long time without their nice tribal progressive trance, they return. This time remixing Sound Field. I would say that the remix is nice but nothing extraordinary. I couldn't find the tracks highlight and it did give me a feeling that it doesnt go anywhere. However I really missed the tribals of the guys!
2 Nyquist - Ghostrider (6:58) 132 BPM
The name didnt ring me a bell here but since when the name matter? I really like that tune, slow and funky just as I love. Solid bassline and nice effects going back and forth. I didnt like the part when an arrpeg of the Z3ta+ plugin was used, i love when things done by the man himself, but thats me.
Nice track overally, i liked it very much in all aspects, reminding me somehow Fabio's stuff with those mid-freq leads in the end. Good!
3 Timedrained - Armed & Fluffy (9:39) 135 BPM
Timedrained are Pythagoraz (Rasmus) and Nox Lupi (Martin)from Denmark, and they will rock hard in the future. Awesome minimal beggining in my opinion! I liked it a lot! The groove develops really great and cool melodies pop all the time and suprise us. What I most loved in this track is that it doesnt overfilled with sounds just for being "big", it has awesome musical space and its not repetetive. Great work guys, cant wait for more stuff. Expect some more awesome ones from them this year!
4 Gaudium - Sleepwalker (Visua Sunset Remix) (8:01) 136 BPM
This track by the mexican Visua (Rodrigo) starts with synths playing around and get tweaked. The swirling synth really emotional in my taste. This is pure morning
track without too much cheesy melodies, personally i would write more like the one which starts around 4:20 which is really uplifting.
5 Saeg - Rock And Chill Time (7:16) 136 BPM
Saeg is Demian, And this is good stuff indeed. Groovey and lots of efects and vocals are thrown into the pool. I didnt like so much the lack of variation in the sound of the synths. But the track is good for the early morning hours.
6 Nasa - Penetration Generation (9:31) 135BPM
Nasa (Mikel) is from Denmark. This one is a bit darker than the rest of the tracks and I like the direction. It takes more time to develop but it isnt boring at all! Great groove and nice ideas with lots of synths and effects. I thought a good break will come in the middle but i was mistaken and it wasnt there . The melodies towards the end remind me other trance genres (more fullonish) but they fit great. Good work NASA
7 Sonnenvakuum - Last Progression (8:09) 138 BPM
Sonnenvakuum are Daniel and Ueli, and we are flying faster then the rest of the compile here. This one is awesome one with lots of energy in the groove especially the bass. I loved everything till the melody arriving in 4:30 which isnt my taste. Its getting more dreamy later with some more melodies. Nice one.
8 Tor.Ma - Never Better (7:29) 138 BPM
Well this name isnt so known as well but the beggining is really promising. Chilly melodie with a relaxed pad. This track is really melodic prog-trance which I love. Lots of melodies grow and shrink all the time. I didnt find weak point and this one is one of my favorites on this comp, nicely done!
9 Prosect - Urban Glide (9:13) 129 BPM
I remember that track from Sonify's set from Samadhi in Canada, it was the opening by Andy. Good slow and original track with some food menu vocals? Perfect way to finish a really good compilation without lowering the quality. Its slow but still will move our asses on the floor and some awesome melodies inside. That balls-scratching-jumping sound was really cool imo. If you want the crowd to relax after some deep diggin' this is a perfect one to play! Great groove Andy, I really cant wait to your album. BOM!

Favorites
2(!),3(!),6,8,9(!)

Judgement Day:
8.5/10
Iono shows us that they are gonna grow really soon to one of the best prog-trance labels around, I think it will happen if they continue to search for music like they included on that compilation. Great work dudes and I really hope the rest of the labels will give us so much goodies in this year like Iono Music did!

Misha
Hiroshi_m
Inactive User

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 13, 2007 03:54
i realy like this cd , 1 of my nonstop playing           http://www.boomadelic.com/

We are proud to launch a 24x7 Psytrance Radio to support and promote the culture.
Visit us on www.boomadelic.com and listen to the unreleased sounds of the global underground.
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Feb 13, 2007 14:56
Nice Review, Misha.

1 Sound Field - Second Step Above The Sun (Etnoscope Remix)

Shivering Track, on of my favorites so far in this year. Perfect structure!

2 Nyquist - Ghostrider
FREq's side Project together wh B. Hartless - I couldn't expect less, Aran is my favorite artist - gr8 beat and energy.

7 Sonnenvakuum - Last Progression

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
emil_2111

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 16, 2007 16:19
Good review dude keep it up!!! And nice to read that timedrained project was danish ;} now gimme more!! Favs. 3,5,7
Steve00
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Mar 1, 2007 19:55
Indeed compilation, without of doubt the track I like most is the remix from Visua, super stunning remix with great floating pads and I am totally agree with "Sound Surgeon" the real highlight of the track is around 4:20 which is really uplifting and melodic but not cheesy at all-Highly Reccomend!

Nyquist track as usual is a massive tune, super funky and deeper, not the best track from Nyquist but still good, nice cover by the way simple but elegant.

pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 12:52
Very solid compilation, not a weak track on here.

Especially the Nyquist and Sonnenvakuum tracks funk my rump.

Top notch mature prog!           Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
DJ Buju
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 20:41
Good 2 see Saeg getting his fat tunes out!
Watch out for this guy

Keep it up Iono
Buju           www.domorecords.com
www.myspace.com/domorec
www.myspace.com/tupanrecords
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Destinatioins @ Iono Music (02/2007)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance