Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Cosmic Gathering (Haiti Earthquake Charity Compilation)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Cosmic Gathering (Haiti Earthquake Charity Compilation)

Specter

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 20, 2010 21:55:01
On 12 January, 2010 happened a catastrophic earthquake.
The earthquake happened in Haiti, where around 150 000 people died, 1 000 000 people got injured, and most of them suffered, went out of
food, electricity and home...

Because of this disaster, Active Meditation Music came up with an idea for making a compilation, with all the sub-genres in psy trance.

All the money gathered from this compilation will be given for food and medical help to the victims from the Haiti earthquake.
The compilations contains 3 parts with various genres and styles music, from well known and new artists.

[img]http://www.activemeditationmusic.com/images/stories/front350.png[/img]

Tracklist:

1.- Overdream - Dawn Buzz (148 BPM)

2.- Tsabeat- (Jar Jar Binks Rmx)- Attractive Synthesis (145 BPM)

3.- Wizack Twizack - Stuck On 216 (147 BPM)

4.- Nanodio - Killing Machine (135 BPM)

5.- Jesus Raves- Metalice Chupavci Satane (Live 153 BPM)

6.- Demoniac Insomniac - Only Love Can Kill A Demon (155 BPM)

7.- Module Virus- The Sun Of The Devil (147 BPM)

8.- Neospherix Project - America (146 BPM)

9.- Cartoons - Afterlife (148 BPM)

10.- Astropilot- Behind A Limit (60 BPM)

Compiled by Demoniac Insomniac
Mastered by Mentaloop @ Israel

My Review to this one:

This release is a little bit different from the usual for Active Mediation Music releases as it is not only Darkpsy trance but in it we will find Progressive, Full On and Chill Out, yet keeping the psychedelic in it. What in my opinion suits perfectly in the main idea for this V.A. to raise money and help the desperately in need victims of one of the greatest catastrophes in the planet, that devastating Earthquake which happened in January this year in Haiti.

This V.A. starts with "Dawn Buzz" from Overdream, a Full On track but not a cheesy track at all. It plays at 148 BPM what is a good bpm for itself and with a very nice and pumping beat. It has very nice sounds and effects that make us truly imagine ourselves in a paradisiacal landscape with the sun rising, in a true "Dawn Buzz"

Next we have a RMX from Jar Jar Binks to a Tsabeat track "Attractive Synthesis"; it starts with very funny sample while the real track starts reaching the 45 seconds with a heavy pump baseline and very electrifying sounds that immediately grab the listener and drive him to a happy and crazy cartoon world. The only if about this track, is that ends kind of abruptly.

The 3rd track belongs to the well know Swedish Wizard: Wizack Twizack that takes us to "Stuck On 216". This track has a long evolving, mysterious entrance (1m40sec) with some Gregorian chant that suits perfectly on the background sound, but is when we reach the 2m that the track really starts, and from there it grows slowly but steady, while we are taken to an exploration in the mysterious world that is 216; when suddenly sound starts coming from every direction taking the listener in to a deep psychedelic journey trying to get free of 216.

The next track is produced by Nanodio and is called "Killing Machine". This is an Electro Psy track. It is not my style of music at all as it plays to slow for my taste, but if would play little faster could be a great track, the psychedelic is there, the sounds are evolving, the beat or bass is not cheesy, and it doesn't have thus ugly "Ibiza Style" vocals.

The 5th track of this album on the contrary of the previous doesn't have a BPM leak. In his typical style Jesus Raves, brings us "Metalice Chupavci Satane Live" playing at 165 BPM with a hard pumping beat and bass this track grows as long as it's 6m 8 sec last. The Psy insanity is there in every single second and you have to love the "Jesus, jesus, jesus" that appears around 4m 30sec. A Dance Floor blaster for sure.

The 6th track belongs to the Macedonian founder and manager of Active Meditation Music Boris aka Demoniac Insomniac with the track "Only Love can kill a Demon". IMHO just the title is brilliant and the track is with the same line. This track walks on a constant "Organized Chaos" with the melody and sub melody seems like walking in opposite paths. There are also some "different" sounds in the track that gives it the final touch of "madness" this track needed. (No, I won't tell you what sounds are, you will have to listen to discover hehehh)

The next track "The Sun of the Devil" belongs to Module Virus. This track has a very "organic" beat and a bass line that never stand still, the sounds are very evolving and well made, psychedelic is present in all the track. It's not an outstanding track but will for sure grab your attention.

Track number 8 "America" is produced by Neospherix Project and with all the respect to the Artist this track isn't really my cup of tea. Cheesy beat, cheesy bass line, cheesy sounds, cheesy electro voice samples. In my opinion the track in its all is bad.

After we have "Afterlife" a very long track of almost 10 minutes (9m54sec) produced by the Macedonian duo Cartoons. This track has a great mystical beginning that take the listener in to a travel threw mysterious unexplored landscapes of our own inner self while we search to reach the "Afterlife". The bass and the synthesizer sounds are perfect and magically evolving, not letting this track get boring in any moment even knowing is very long.

The 10th and final track it's a "Behind a Limit" a Chill Out track from �Astropilot�. This is one typical Chill Out track. Deep, evolving and dreamful the perfect way to end a great compilation like this one.

In conclusion, this is a good V.A. to everyone who likes psychedelic trance in general and/or just some styles in particular. All in all I would rate it 8/10 (the fact that is for a Solidarity cause counts in here).
Sanathana
Sanathana

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Apr 21, 2010 01:48
stuff....

I am so glad this is finally out and its for a GREAT cause.... just hope and pray that people BUY it and dont just download it for free from some file sharing site.....

Great VA, great concept, great cause..... I thoroughly loved being a part of this and contributing to it even if it was just the artwork.....

keep going, AMM

PLUR,
S
          Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sanathana.swaroop
http://www.soundcloud.com/sanathana | http://www.facebook.com/sanathana.psy
Labels Associated with: Samana Records | Geomagnetic | Triptec | Independent Mind | SkyGravity | Goatrance.pl | Psytr
Specter

Posted : Apr 21, 2010 03:13
Just the artwork?

Dont underestimate your work, its a great cover
Congrats

And yes i also hope people support and buy this one
mans
Therange Freak

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Apr 21, 2010 14:25
Well done Specter i appreciate your review!
Best wishes to Demoniac, Active Meditation and all involved boys and girls!

Mans aka Jar Jar Binks           http://therangefreak.tk/
Specter

Posted : Apr 21, 2010 20:37
Thanks mate, your track is killer, great work
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : May 1, 2010 21:57
This compilation is pretty wicked!
some nice gems in here.

great review aswell!

cheers!           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
Specter

Posted : May 18, 2010 14:12
Glad you like it guys

Great work you have done in your tracks
TerroRkaM

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 5, 2010 02:02
Quote:

On 2010-05-16 23:34, demoniac wrote:
so much support and only 2 tracks sold so far :S

i don't know if i should release the other 2 parts...

very very dissapointed

ma friend Boris yu should release the rest of trks..!!!
i will purchase them 4 sure,more in my style
and im sure and much more ppl will buy the rest of tracks.!!!!! please release the rest of trks..!!PLEASE..!!!
Fobi ROCKS
Demoniac Insomniac yu ROOOCKS the trk in first cd was awesome...!!!
Mubali ROOOCKS
Iguana ROOOCKS
Khaos Sector ROCKS
Biosynthesis ROOOOCKS
The Galactic Brain ROOCKS
Vegetal ROOOCKS
Psychoz ROCKS

!:underground psy scene:!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Cosmic Gathering (Haiti Earthquake Charity Compilation)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance