Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA-Amonit People (Organic Alchemy 2007)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA-Amonit People (Organic Alchemy 2007)

kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jun 4, 2008 18:00:45
VA - Amonit People

Cover :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ora/ora1cd001.html

Artist: Various Artists
Title: Amonit People
Format: CD
Label: Organic Alchemy (Russia)
Release: May 2007

Tracklist:

1. Kraft - Waterphonix (149 BPM)
2. Flucturion - Lapek Hedalek (150 BPM)
3. Kraft - Subharmonic (152 BPM)
4. Furious - Zayatz rolls (159 BPM)
5. Already Maged - Under the Moss (155 BPM)
6. Mindex - Hunting (149 BPM)
7. Furious - Kak bi vse ne gluk (148 BPM)
8. Uform - Amonit People (148 BPM)
9. Fearkiller - Reverse Readout (150 BPM)

This is an older release, from May 2007. Searched and did not find a review for this but believe this deserves one.
This release from Russian label Organic Alchemy really suprised me when it came out and I still listen to it often. The best I can explain the general mood of the album is very, very intense with many suprising twists. So intense that It makes me grind my teeth.All tracks are fast, and loaded with energy. It has dark moments, but also songs which could easily be played in the morning.
The cover design is one of my favourite in a long time, very psychedlic art imo, but take a look at it yourself in the link above.
Lets take a look at the tracks one by one:

1. Kraft - Waterphonix

Russian producer Kraft has the honor of opening the procedings setting a fast pace. Very quirky and scratchy track with many slight mood changes. Determined and relentless at first a mysterious melody opens up around the 4.50 mark and adds a new aspect to the story. The track becomes increasingly playful towards the end. Although it has a very inorganic feel to it I can find some warmth here, maybe because there is also this watery/wet sound feel which gives this track a special touch.

Some sounds remind me alot of the Blisargon Dem. album (Book of Magic)which, for me, is a good thing.

7/10

2. Flucturion - Lapek Hedalek

A playful build up teases us a little bit and we get plunged into mayhem at 150 BPM. Soon a wierd melody chirps away and makes things more interesting. What I like most about this track is that it it drenched in rhythm, on all kinds of levels. Its the subtle rhythms which give spice to this track. Because of this I could imagine that this could be good to dance to despite its high speed. At around 4 minutes we get a short break followed by a moodswing- further into the night. Soon after the track is lit up again by some pretty funky percussions which stay with us and add another aspect to this track but also get a little annoying for my taste.

7.5/10

3. Kraft - Subharmonic

We are greeted by the deep growling of a force field slowly breaking down. A determined bassline signals ignition has begun, but we are not a full power yet.
Bassline bounces around and the vibe becomes more agressive only to break down and get up to kick us in the face again. In the background robots, aliens and insects are engaged in a battle for sonic supremacy. On Par with Krafts other effort.

7/10

4. Furious - Zayatz Roll

The warped but familiar melody of Jefferson Airplane- White Rabbit welcomes us (along with vocals). I have to say...this is one crazy, crazy track. By any standards. This monster drools psycho energy out of its mouth of madness at 159 drools per minute. Constanly changing and morphing and doing unexpected things. The beat bounces around and we following the rabbit down the hole deeper and deeper....."remember what the doormouse said....feed your head..feed your heeeaaadd".
The speed really is very high but I could see this tearing up some asylum dancefloors nevertheless. For me personally its a bit too fast to dance and I find it loses a bit of energy after the 5 min mark after letting off all those fireworks to begin with. Still, verrrry interesting and intense. Killlargh so to say.
What is a Zayatz roll btw? Like a Russian Swiss roll?

7.5/10

5. Already maged - Under the Moss

I can swear there are giant caterpillars and insects lurking under the moss here, squirming and breeding. Ready to leave their underground layers to devour the listener slowly. Definetly the vibe I get, very atmospheric. The caterpillar legion burrows itself relentlessly through the soft ground, at high speed (155 BPM) devouring everything it its path. Hints of eerie melodies, screams and whispers, constantly communicating, searching food for the subterranean tribe. Very organic, very psychadelic. One of the darker moments, and one of my favourite.

9.5/10

6. Mindex-Hunting

We have slowed down a bit and left the underground, Neaderthals hnting for prey...Or are we the hunted?
Hmm this one didnt really do it for me. Its not that I didnt like it at all, just didnt get me excited. There is a lot going on, some interesting pace changes, some really wierd high pitch sounds which irritate me a little. Dont have much to say about this one.

5/10

7. Furious-

Some distorted vocals, something is winding up, winding up, tension is building.....then a release as we stomp forwards. Builds a deep atmosphere from the begining . Another track which would be good to dance to from big speekers, we get some nice break downs and build ups, many suprising parts like 3.20-3.53. This track just has a way of collapsing and ambushing you again.
I have liked everything I have heard from Furious so far because it strikes me as being original and flipped out, this is no exception.

8/10

8.Uform-Amonit People

Another artist I have not heard much before, but I find this to be one of the more melodic tracks on this album.
At first the track ist driven by rhythm, later as more layers are added it unfolds a story line which draws me in every time, going very deep.
Does not go as wild as some other tracks on this album, which is a good thing in my eyes as variation is a good thing.
Could see this being played at sunrise because of the mood it creates.
Only negative thing is the story stops a bit abruptly, could have gone on for a little bit longer.

8/10

9. Fearkiller- Reverse Readout

A lot of punch and determination in the bassline, quirky track full of positive energy. Even if many people see this as a pure "dark" release, tracks like this prove them wrong. I find this, like other tracks on this album uplifting, by no means dark in the sense of negative vibrations of any kind, or even overly sinister atmospheres. This is pure energy.
This track is the light at the end of the tunnel which has led us through different atmospheres, and yes, even sometimes some gloomier places.This track would be great in the morning time.

8.5/10

Conclusion

I have grown very attached to this cd. I listen to it often. To be honest I rarely listen to it in one go though, because I can only take it bit by bit (otherwise I start grinding my teeth involntarily). However because it is full of suprises I keep going back to it and keep getting suprised. I also appreciate the conservative use of speech samples/movie samples which helps keep the atmosphere streamlined.
To be honest I think this is better for actual party application on Bigbadass speekers to capture subtle mood swings from slight bass changes etc but if you like fast, experimental Russian psytrance with many wierd touches you will also like this for home listening.
For me it has heart and is a classic already.
And the artwork Really, really nice. Like the picture shows, the sun definetly shines through.
Overall: 8.5/10

Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 4, 2008 19:20
This is a very nice CD by Organic Alchemy Records. Funky psychedelic morning music My favorites are:

Kraft - Subharmonic
Already Maged - Under the Moss
Furious - Kak Bi Vse Ne Gluk
Uform - Amonit People

Hope the next Organic Alchemy release is on the way soon

All the best!

Boom
1jAdE3

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 5, 2008 23:38
The atmosphere of this VA is something special ..
-Flucturion- is awesome as well as other tracks
++++ Organic Alchemy Records

...more of this

jowy333

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 8, 2008 00:51
Some very nice tracks on this CD.
Kormaduerg

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 8, 2008 12:29

Easily -- One of the Best Va's Ever compiled in this genre .
some tracks are Epic ,
and some of them are Masterpiece(s)

and the sound , the clarity ..ooh la la ,doesnt get better than this ,
i love all the tracks specially 1-8 ,
Best Wishes To Kraft and Organic Alchemy Crew

this one was a classs act ,
now waiting for more ; )

BpOM

Amaris Records
Amaris Records

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 11, 2008 10:33
This was one of the best VA's released in a very long time.
Track are killer, never will leave my playlist!!

More needed from the Organic Alchemy crew.

Big Boooom from India

VA LUNIK > 2007
VA PSYENTOLOGY - Coming Soon!!
Amaris Records--
www.myspace.com/amarisrecords
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jun 12, 2008 02:38
Kraft tracks did it for me. Good going
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Jun 12, 2008 05:37
Pavel's Album is going to be a breakthrough in this music .

Also,

Kraft - Subharmonix ( adi Remix ) Releasing on Quantum Frog.

Cheers to this label. And this Cd rocks.
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 12, 2008 06:41
So can anyone give us an update about when the next Organic Alchemy Rec. release will be? Its been over a year and nothing? :S
_mariO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Sep 2, 2009 11:33
7th track !!!!!!!!!!

SHICHT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 3, 2009 02:35
one of my fav va all time i must say ,
very nice music and i like listen to this one alot !
also i like the cover
and hope to see more releases from orgenic alchemy
All r fav.. spaciely the MAGE

***follow the old faith and stay high***
_mariO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Sep 3, 2009 06:43
when's the next one
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA-Amonit People (Organic Alchemy 2007)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance