Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Waves From Ibiza 2 MPCD002
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A Waves From Ibiza 2 MPCD002

eternal

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 4, 2004 13:09
Still getting my head round this but here is my first impression:

1/ Synthetic Koxbox, Loadsa Atmosphere and Thought, deep and in the koxbox stylee of druggyproggy thumper, lots of fun interesting tweaks and random sound fx, help to build a story, really good tune.

2/ Antidote Dino P Rmx, uses the noises from the original well, good solid track, didn't blow my mind, just phat and solid. Good work from Dino P.

3/ DeedrahBamboo TristanDimitri Rmx, the original is amazing... nuff said, this is also v.good, deep builder, good drums (a la tristan) you can spot the track from the bassline but doesn't give to much away, makes you wait for the euphoric riff bussiness, good quality remix, well worked. definetly not a thrill a minute, more of a solid groover than full on chaos.... (I still prefer the original)

4/ Dino Psaras, Another good track, going for some proper 303 action, lots of builds and drops, have to agree canyouhearthegoblins, totally lost me in the middle with a kind of repeatedquantized noise that bores you for a bit b4 getting back on it again. Wicked dark voice samples. Love the crazy 303 build tweaks, but not the middle section, almost deserved a play out but not quite.

5/ GMS Antidote Deedrah Rmx, Absolute Blinder Rmx, using all the best elements from the original with that lush riff (that made Highnoon the standout track on WFI 1 for me) and loads of fun squeaks and tweaks, the same b-line but somehow different, brill arangement to fit all the bits in and drop at the right points... Top work from Dado "The Man" good Remixing abilities.

6/ GMS Bamboo Forest Rmx, Weird to hear GMS Riffage on Bamboo's funky backbone, kinda worked it's a groovy track but doesn't grab me that much, as a remix it don't really add to the original or anything.

7/ Psycraft, I liked this track thought it was well coolio, quite similar to New Move from there album, with some quality riff splintering kinda giving lush delayed shimmer to the riff, oh I can't explain it but it's a great piece of production trickery!! slick shit.

8/ Antidote Greenlight Bamboo Rmx, probably the most difficult track to remix, as no major standout elements, a good job done by bamboo suits there style more than trying to encapsulate the GMS sound, an old skool stylee funky builder, adding some slightly goa ish riffs, sometimes adding one to many riffs and got a bit confusing. but still great funky psy tune.

9/ Deedrah GMS Remix, didn't get to carried away on this one (thank god) kept it fairly simple for them, Phat kick and bass, and just letting the old skool euphoric riff courtesy of Transwave do the talking, still adding there powerfull touches breaks and slams, but not taking over, good work boyz...

Quality CD 2 compliment the first one, maybe could have had a few more original tracks as some of these haven't really benifited from a remix that much, but still plenty to keep me happy. Thanks MP Recs!!
sparkozoid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 13, 2004 12:53
Hi Folks!

After listening to the album a good few times i can honestley say this release not only floats my boat but is as good as, if not better than the 1st waves from ibiza.

Stand out tracks for me...1,2,4,5,9

Overall 8/10

The real deal.

Well done to all artists and MP Records.
Misha(Overlap)
Neogen / Overlap

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Sep 13, 2004 13:17
Amazing CD,especialy KoxBox&Synthetic so strong track!,i like most all tracks.
I think it's one of the best CDs of this year!
Hope will be more releases like this!
Salut!           Planet Ben Records
yuvy

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 13, 2004 22:12
really liked that one
nicely done work by dado...
great tracks !

1 4 5 and my favorite no. 7 !!!
X.S.I
X.S.I

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 18, 2004 00:43
good realese especially for us the cycles of life gms remix but the synthetic kox box and the dino's are terible hope the waves 3 will be coming soon
keebota
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Sep 21, 2004 20:53
hey guys,

for me the best track here is deedrah - cycle of life (gms rmx.)

indeed a floor blaster !!!

another good one is the psycraft track ...

nice greets tom
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Sep 21, 2004 22:19
Meh... sounds like something I've heard before some cool tracks here (actually I like the style on #1) but it seems to be more of a DJ tool. I really find the cycles of life rmx takes the er, life out of it. Listen to the original, it has far more power and far less bass line
andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Feb 24, 2005 19:09
MP records is the best new label to me and this release is no exception. Absolutely love their style. Serious psychedelic music. Keep it up guys. Koxbox vs Synthetic is my favourite one also. Being and will keep on hammering it for a while .
Beartrap Machine
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 15:46
I love the Koxbox/Synthetic track!

Extremely deep acid induced music that is!

The rest of the cd is average..........................
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : May 16, 2007 19:25
I ended up doing a comprehensive review of this CD after having it for some time... here it is:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/reviews/waves-from-ibiza-2/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Waves From Ibiza 2 MPCD002

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance