Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - 'True Reality ?' CD (ALKALOID PRODUCTIONS 2004)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - 'True Reality ?' CD (ALKALOID PRODUCTIONS 2004)

tract
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 2, 2004 05:02
Alkaloid Productions 2004
V/A 'True Reality ?' CD

Full artist info and online ordering! http://www.alkaloid.biz

Newcomer Alkaloid Productions from Australia is headed by ‘Cyanescens’ an artist who is already familiar to many from his releases on Digital Psionics. This first compilation has made a strong impact already with great production and consistent underground artists who this label has unearthed. It is complimented by some old favorites making this V/A one of the strongest this year. An absolute must have for hard, psychedelic night music fans and the curious alike

1. Para Halu – The Land of IGY
2. Audialize Vs Suria Mouse Killer
3. Scatterbrain – Mexican Jesus (Dark Nebula RMX)
4. Sequipa – El Cabron!
5. Baphomet Engine – Esqanta Santo
6. Cyanescens – Noisy
7. Hydrogenerator – Black Katmandu
8. Shankar – Black Kathmandu
9. The Zelator – The Fact
10. Anax – Warmup

1.Para Halu – The Land Of IGY
A strong opening track with some twisted synths growling in and out and lots of high frequencies stretching before the kick comes storming in. A nice deep bass line offset by some xylophone taps makes for a nice twisting number that stretches in and out. The clean sound of the track was what first got my attention as there is no murkiness here but a lot of clarity in the space. At around 3’50 the bass-lines begin to charge and the track takes off in typical Para Halu style. A great opener!

2.Audialize Vs Suria – MouseKiller
Two of my favorite artists and projects open this up with their usual stomping kick-drum and great use of instruments within the track. Less menacing than the opening track on this V/A this builds up to a nice peak then opens right up in traditional style with folding spatial sounds and lots of swooping synths. A very nice job and a solid track both in composition and execution.

3.Scatterbrain – Mexican Jesus (Dark Nebula Remix)
The original was massive here in Australia at our bush parties and this remix just adds to the original in many ways refining the formula for maximum dance-floor appeal. Dark Nebula aka Luna Orbit has done a wonderful job remodeling the track and it mixes well with the old version for a total psychedelic meltdown. Retaining the elements and structure of Scatterbrain’s work we see here more of a Dark Nebula influence with his dark drums and distortions and the opening ‘Sort of reminds me of a Time in Montana’ sample. Pure killah!

4.Sequipa – El Cabron
I hadn’t heard of this artist before listing to this one but it’s a very strong track. The distorted synths over the murky sample and the rolling kicks just make for pure gold smasher. Climbing virtual 303 acid lines and folding echoes add to a formula the pounds along in a dark and spooky way. Again with digital sounds and ‘time and space’ samples and lots of virus sounds. The percussion is very clear on this track which is something I like a lot as it offsets the heaviness of the kick and growling bass-line.

5.Baphomet Engine – Esquanta Santo
A Hard Psychedelic intro, screams, radios being tuned and distorted speech. I was expecting an onslaught but it drops into a clean kick free of distortion and the opening noise. Reminding me a lot of ‘Membrana’ with tight rhythms and great percussion work. The echoes and synth lines do it wonders and the droning sounds work well. It could have been stronger I feel in some ways with some of the noises becoming slightly overpowering but it will definitely have it’s place in any serious nighttime set. From what I hear Alkaloid are planning a Baphomet album and I can hardly wait, these guys have a unique, fresh sound that is going to make a strong impact with hard music fans.

6.Cyanescens – Noisy
Easily my favorite track on the disc, this is an absolute psychedelic night time monster that is near perfection in every way. Hard, unrelenting kickdrums and refined percussion with echos, pans and digital instruments growling. Pure psychedelic devastation that leaves me without words, I won’t comment much more and spoil it…hear for yourself and you will understand the nature of this beast!

7.Hydrogenerator – Black Katmandu
A more minimilistic opening with a lot of emphasis on high end sounds. Plenty of squeals and sliding frequencies flying around all over the place. Reasonably hard bass-lines that don’t overpower the rest of the track are the definite highlight of this track. Some nice holographic sounds dropping in and out also work very well. This has a very rolling, wobbling feel, making it another fine addition to this disc.

8.Shankar – New Location
A deep and dark intro with clanging metal and rising static. Another spooky opening to my second favorite track on the compilation that soon drops into a nice fat kick-drum and liquid sounds. More typically structured than some of the other music on the disc this allows a bit of breathing space and is not so dense but instead winds up and down the scales and uses some great oscillations for a space flight feel. Absolute killer bass drum drops to watch out for too! I hope to hear a lot more of this artist soon. Very impressive work.

9.The Zelator – The Fact
The Zealator is a side project of Dark Nebula with Franny from Sundance recordings and the guys have produced a good track with a straighter feel. This is bound to work well on the dancefloor as it engages some very twisted instruments and sounds. The kick drum is very similar to many of Dark Nebulas tracks but seems a bit heavier and supported by other basslines than usual. Bloody marvelous work from these two aussies...but I am very biased here

10.Anax – Warmup
A fitting close to an absolute powerhouse of psychedelic night-music this V/A offers. Returning to more normal basslines but with a lot of oscillators and noise this one pumps along in the same vein as Absolum or another big French artist which is another good contrast to the tracks on the rest of the disc. Dark and driving howls that power along make for another dancefloor smasher that will kill it every time.

I give this 8.5/10 ..a strong alkaloid!

http://www.killahtea.com/

Underground Psychedelic Nightmusic
pondesz
Para-Halu

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 2, 2004 20:15
good luck Alkaloid for the next releases
Memory Loss
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Sep 2, 2004 21:50
Para Halu And Baphomet Engine Tracks Are The Best! Great Twisted Sound In This 2.           Skate 0R Die
Duca (ANAX)
Anax

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 2, 2004 23:47
Congratulations Alkaloid Wish u all the best!
BAPHOMET_ENGINE
Baphomet Engine

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 3, 2004 03:40
Ouuuu.. we didn´t listen the full comp., until now... :-(

But for sure it´s a crazy psychedelic night music ...

all the best to this promissing label...

fabio and luiz           -------
Manic Dragon Records
http://www.myspace.com/baphometengine
2to6 Records
Shimmer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Sep 3, 2004 11:14
Ordered this on psyshop.com on Monday! Should arrive in Australia this Monday! Can't wait! Will be brilliant! I only heard a 45 second sample of Para Hula and I was sold! This will be brilliant!!! Will check back in when I have totally lost my mind in this music!           _______________________________-______________________________
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
Lepton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Sep 3, 2004 13:09
Good cd !! New labels like this one may pop up everday. The scatterbrain rmx and the Baphomet Engine track are really outstanding!!
Shimmer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Sep 8, 2004 10:02
Absolutely ADORE this album! EXCELLENT COMP! Dark, Twisted, ENERGETIC! Lovin' it! Thanks Alkaloid!

Favs - Para Halu, Scatterbrain (Dark Nebula), Cyanescens...although you can't go wrong with anything on this comp!           _______________________________-______________________________
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
Quantum Leap
Quantum Leap

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 12, 2004 04:31
Nice move Nathan, congratulations to Alkaloid and all the artists           http://www.facebook.com/quantumleaptrance
-=spectro=-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Sep 12, 2004 20:29
... nice release!!! big boom to para halu, baphomet engine and sequipa; way to go to alkaloid.

boom

***ARE U CONNECTED???***:user:
Kemic-Al
Kemic-Al

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 19, 2004 16:10
Killer stuff

wish you good luck Nat and Donna BIG congrats also to Anax !!!

All in here !!!!
http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp?showDetail=61533

BoOm ShAnKaR to all !!!
fungris

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 11, 2004 09:48
Heads up to Nathan - Cyanescens,
he played here in NZ the other weekend, was a great night had by all, the dude plays a wicked set that kept everyone pumping from start to finish.
Anyhow, I dragged my self home still befuddled and listened to True Reality?
Mate, this is a quality cd.
Excellent production, insane sounds that will rock your socks off.
I recommend taking at least half of one thing or another and head outdoors if possible and be prepared for some total mindbending maddness.
The Dark Nebula rmx of Scatterbrains Mexican Jesus just rocks and is my favorite, fuck it, they're all soooooo gooooood!!!!!!
Can't wait for more Alkaloid releases.
Keep your eye on Cyanescens as he is definitly going places

Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 12, 2004 15:37
amazing cd ... tracks 1,3,5, are absolutely amazing !

all the best to Alkaloid productions
Andrey
Inactive User

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Oct 14, 2004 15:14
Check out my new review on this CD, it's kinda weird, because it's translated online from Russian:)
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ru_en&url=http://aeroboard.ru/board/viewtopic.php?t=14534

If you know Russian there is a direct link:)
http://aeroboard.ru/board/viewtopic.php?t=14534

Sea>Israel>Ben-Gurion>Tel-Aviv>Ramat-Goa>Marom Neve
is this pure reality could we be led?
25500 NIS for 1 hour DJ set
30500 NIS for 45-50 minutes of Live~
Prosper
Prosper

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 15, 2004 14:11
wish all the best special to my friend duca ANAX.
his trax will rock the dancefloor...           http://www.PROSPER-MUSIC.COM
http://www.myspace.com/prospermusic
http://www.stsmusic.org
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - 'True Reality ?' CD (ALKALOID PRODUCTIONS 2004)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance