Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Promotional Media - V/A The Void : Interview with Andalucida (Artwork)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A The Void : Interview with Andalucida (Artwork)

filter
Megalopsy

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Jul 4, 2008 10:17:29
V/A The Void : Interview with Andalucida (Artwork)

hey there this is the interview with Andalucida, visionary artist from Argentina responsible for the drawings and motifs used for the V/A The Void : Disintegration release.

The best way to read the interview is to access this website

http://www.darkprisma.com.ar/thevoid

there go to menu, then to a talk with Andalucida, anyways here is the transcript.

A talk with Andalucida

Q: Please introduce us to your research and work in visionary art and philosophy

A: In these last years I intended to research most of the underground metaphysical subjects as I could have access to, mainly holistic and integral systems in which I could flow from simplicity to deeper grades of complexity. I’m interested in finding new ways of navigating chaos as pure consciousness throughout the Akashic field; to expand the notion of self, the identity of Atman with Brahman 'you are that'. Sat-Cit-Ananda-- to unify existence with consciousness and joy .I am quite tired of the division and the "lack of living', I mistrust the typical game of mundane desire because I know that I will not find a real sense of living in nihilism. The impotence of not finding a place in normality that will legitimate my dreams makes me a sort of refugee of imagination, exiled in virtual lands of possibility. I believe in madness as a way of constructing oneself connected with the universe. As an artist in a quest for vision I want to find a way to connect all the images that resonate with my soul and bring forward a new way of expressing the world. Using what seems to be limited to express the unlimited.

Q: Can art be used to change reality? Can it be used to define ourselves in the modern world?

A: Art is a way to affect oneself with its own essence, a way to rebel against the conventional modes of existence and especially to envision something different that will eventually create a new mode of living .Consequently, because of its transformative power it can transfigure the perception of reality from something profane to something sacred. I don’t like the idea of a separate self. It is possible to experience a multiplicity of different personalities that coexist in a single body. What if we could become alien? What if we could envision a new integral self and create a new mythology and therefore a new sense of living? I think that the lack of dream is poisoning the lives of future generations because we ignore that with the material and consciousness technologies we can explore all the different types of consciousness available. We are ignoring the possibilities of experiencing a multifaceted self because we ignore the capacities of our own body, because we cannot find ourselves in our own body. So the question is; who is this alien self inside me?

Q: What is your resonance with the idea of The Void? How can we bring back the treasures from the other side?

A: The Abyss is Imagination, the possibility to connect with all the images-movement available for humankind. We cannot deny chaos although it is impossible to face it without feeling "vertigo". The abyss, how do we find ourselves in the abyss? What compass can I use to find a stable place in the middle of the universe? We, as alien gypsies from ancient Persia. We, dreamers of swirling kaleidoscopic arabesque patterns. Where can we find our soul, our astrolabe, the compass of imagination? I believe that the secret answer is hidden in the power of the body and in pure consciousness.

We have to be aware of the revolutionary power of the body, if not we will be mere gears of the machines of servitude. So, as Roberto Matta would say, culture is closely related to agriculture, it is something to be harvested within ourselves. In my opinion Psychedelic Culture is related to the evolution of consciousness, through material and metaphysical planes. This is, taking care of all the dimensions of existence, connecting them, promoting values such as dreaming, spontaneity, poetry, intensity and above all, singularity.

Q: Please tell us about your work V/A The Void: Disintegration, what inspired you and what was your intention with each drawing.

A: This work is a consequence of many years of traveling and investigating as well as the genesis of a new world, the need to create a new fantastic reality, reenchanted, magical and mythical. It is something very simple that resonates with some aspects of my everyday life. It has a bit of alchemy and primitivism combined with futurism, also fragments from different cultures fused in an alien motif. I’ve tried to make the shapes of the drawings look organic, alien and elfin jeweled because it resembles the visions that I had in peak experiences or meditative states.

Inside of the booklet:

In the drawing on the left we have the woman, actually a Brazilian friend, the priestess opening her arms, receiving (receptive aspect). On the right side, opening the portal is the alien priest with an alien helmet that represents the union of human consciousness with alien consciousness (active aspect). If you look intently you will see that the combination of upper half of the body and the helmet make a pyramid with an antenna at the top that is a sort of Trishula, representing the rupture of the ego, it also serves as a tool for channeling.

Diagrams:

Both sides of the manuscript are connected in meaning. It is possible to perceive this by putting the diagram near a light bulb and see what happens on the other side of the paper. The diagram is one with the drawing on the other side, explaining the simple but hidden meaning. The circle represents the union of the Earth and Heaven, the continuous cycle “As above, so below”. The upper part of the pyramidal quadrilateral points to heaven, you see heaven on the other side of the page represented with a mesquite jeweled pattern that fits perfectly in the circle. The lower part of the pyramidal quadrilateral points to the totem, organic jewel of imagination, an amulet materializing the geometric patterns of heaven and the union of masculine and feminine shapes, an esthetic of relation between the two characters of the tribe.

Concepts:

Disintegration represented by man’s rationality and negation of the divine, right side. Reintegration by the woman, the intuitive Goddess, the spirit of Gaia, left side But both masculine and feminine aspects are at the same hierarchical level, agency and communion. The task: To cross the Void, uniting Heaven and Earth through a process of disintegration to reintegrate in the divine self .The identity of Atman with Brahman.

The image of the circle is very important. It is repeated all over the cover of the book. It consists of circles within circles connected to each other like holons (Greek: holos, “whole”—Is something that is simultaneously a whole and a part. The word was coined by Arthur Koestler in his book The Ghost in the Machine) similar to the circles in the main diagram, cycles within cycles, like Russian dolls, the never-ending void as a holographic plate.

Q: Any last words to end this interview?

As Terence McKenna says “The alienation will be ended because we will become the alien…The human soul is so alienated from us in our present culture that we treat it as an extraterrestrial. To us the most alien thing in the cosmos is the human soul”.. “ We are alienated, so alienated that the self must disguise itself as an extraterrestrial in order not to alarm us with the truly bizarre dimensions that it encompasses. When we can love the alien, then we will have begun to heal the psychic discontinuity that has plagued us” When was the divine being, “the Oversoul” separated from the aliens?
          Psychedelic Trance from Argentina
www.darkprisma.com.ar
www.megalopsy.com.ar
www.psytrance.com.ar

Megalopsy Travel Blog
http://megalopsy.blogspot.com
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Jul 4, 2008 13:38
Nice interview. Its great to see that the artistic side of a release is still prevalent. ITs a great piece of art and more when connected with a concept the whole cd becomes more of an experience than just another release. Kudos to martin! My best wishes to Filter and zip and the whole Dark Prisma crew for this fantastic release and i hope you bring out more interesting concepts.
@ Zip where r u hiding mate??
          www.braindrop.in
Trance Forum » » Forum  Promotional Media - V/A The Void : Interview with Andalucida (Artwork)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance