Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Supra Sphere (Psytropic Records 2005)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Supra Sphere (Psytropic Records 2005)

PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 10:31
Psytropic Records based in Germany is here out with their third compilation. As usual, they focus on the melodic side of full on by artists from around the globe. This time it is compiled by a guy called Daniel Fly (Daniel Mücke).

Supra Sphere (Psytropic Records) 2005 (PTRCD003)

1. Genetic Spin – Chemical Principles
2. NOK – System Damage
3. Cosmic Tone – Liquid Dwarf
4. Intersys – SychoActive
5. Psynina – Cosmic Indian
6. Mexican Trance Mafia – We Let You Know
7. Mahamudra – 4th Dimension
8. Smuhg – Virus
9. Sidhartha – Whispers
10. System Nipel – Unlimited

On this compilation we get quite a lot of variation, which is a positive thing. Genetic Spin opens the compilation with a track going somewhere between progressive and melodic full on. They have definately changed style lately, and gone more melodic since their Creamcrop days. Another artists who is known for this melodic morning style is Israeli Cosmic Tone, here with another of his typical drifting melodic tracks. We get a mix of some pretty well known names here, but also some quite fresh names, such as Nok from Germany and Mahamudra from Israel. This compilation goes sort of progressive the first three tracks, before Intersys from Israel takes over with a more full on sound. Here we get a pretty fluffy vibe, maybe too much for some, but in my ears it sounds a bit different and interesting. PsyNina from germany follows up with a pumping, full on, groovy track which goes slightly darker. Not bad. Nice to see that they have collected tracks from many different countries, such as Mexico (Mexican Trance Mafia and Smuhg). The Mexican Trance Mafia has released several tracks on some respected labels such as Solstice Music and Maia lately, here with a groovy, rolling track with a beautiful, quite hypnotic melody. At the end here we get tracks from a couple of more experienced producers, Sidhartha from Portugal, who also has mastered this compilation, here with one of the most groovy, massive tracks on this compilation. System Nipel from Israel finishes it all, going back to a lighter, melodic vibe again. Pretty fluffy, but not too much, with an atmospheric, happy vibe.

This compilation builds up in a nice way, with progressive vibes on the first three tracks, building up to more and more full on, and ending with a melodic, floating track. Psytropic Records has mananged to collect a selection of tracks with quite a lot variation, which is nice for a change within this kind of trance. Some of these tracks might sound a little bit too fluffy for some, but there should be something for several different tastes here.
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Kris_R

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 6, 2005 02:01
I enjoyed the tracks from intersys, cosmic tone, system nipel and psynina.

Cosmic tone in my impression was different to his former albums. Very solid and cool pressure track. Nice Shaman vocal and super melodies in deep mood.
Intersys was surprising again like in the compilations before I listened to them. Very kind and handsome. High melodies and deep hard baseline - straight in the face !
Psynina made wonderful track. As known good intro and amazing trackstart after a short break. Trippy melodies and nice percussions push it forward and forward. Sphery indian vocals and delays. Nice job from this powergirl ! The tracks improved more and more.
System Nipel is a great ending in the compilation. It has nice ear melody which stays from listening in your ear. Trancy and fine produced. Really good mixture.
On the whole in my opinion this compilation is very good mixture of artists from different countries and influences and you can listen to the good taste of the label. I really like the first compilations but Supra Sphere is much more solid, different, out burning and awesome.

Greetz. Kris.
Jah_One

Posted : Nov 11, 2005 17:02
Quote:

You are looking for hand-made straight high-quality PsyTrance Tracks ? You wanna feel the professional care of well-arranged and no more copy+paste kind tracks ? Rolling baseline, smashing percussions, strong lead sounds,spherical atmospheres, tricky vocals and uplifting mind-elements ?

Then you are 100% on the right side to enter the world of "Supra Sphere" - the sphere over, above, before, beyond and besides the cosmic imagination and dream catching planets of your own mind

OMG! Finally a new fresh unique not orindary full-on release!!! Wowowowowow!!! Boom shankar!

For god sake, what kind of promotional text is that? Better save your money.
Tigo

Posted : Nov 28, 2005 11:34
Spiiiioingggguuuuawaw grwwooowuuw - This is f.. super great trippy tones - and if I should say something better than that, I would need a thousand more vocals in the alphabet, and a huge keyboard for my computer, to spell the great feeling that I experience when listening to Suprasphere that has just landed in my disc-player.

DJ Daniel Fly has released a new compilation that fits the Psytropic spirit very well. A CD full of music in the well known psychedelic beat and a very intelligent use of sounds as usual… but even if it fit the profile of Psytropics earlier releases, this compilation brings on the essence of new technology and seemingly a more experienced way of composing music, so full of energy and refreshness mixed with an soft tranquil feeling and light ease of sounds that floats right into my mind and pleases my soul, just as the fresh morning dew when burning in the sunrise and tickles me very gently in my nose when breathing deeply and blinking my eyes, after a hard long night on the dance floor filled with synthetic flashing light, trying to fulfil the whish of my body vibrating when the best psychedelic music plays out loud.

Next time the party runs me I can certainly ensure you that this compilation will be played since I will do all I can to promote it, and I will for sure recommend it if anyone should ask me. The way of Daniel Fly's spherical atmosphere in music is so well pointed in the cover graphics, in the way that it stays loyal to the earlier releases but still contains a fresh new look and different colours and shape. I can keep looking at it on its very intense details that changes for every direction I turn the cover.

If I hold the cover distant in straight arm, I clearly see the winged spirit shaped as a man dancing, just like the spirit mirror showing what great music that lies whitin this jewelcase. The orange light hanging in the middle as the familiar hard beat of psytrance and all the swirling white tiny and sharp lines bending and totally surrounding the dancer as the tones give energy to the music. Thousand of tiny sparkling stars are shown as an aura like the many fractions of samples, in the music, that pops up and surprises again and again.

Knowing the fact that musicians has many differences in making their music into create albums of their own, I must say that the advantages of a compilation are really well shown here. Putting these great artists together under a higher level of commonness, where the different angels of musical elements in the 10 different tracks fits together in a perfect way, expresses high-tech sound of a common psychedelic mind where track after track inspires for both home use and parties… well done by DJ Daniel Fly.

Suprasphere from Psytropic Records reviewed by Tigo

More reviews at:

www.psychedelicplanet.com
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Nov 28, 2005 16:00
Compilation - Supra Sphere ( PsyTropic nov, 2005 )

This is the third release by the Geman label PsyTropic Records. The album features 10 previously unreleased tracks compiled by the PsyTropic label DJ Daniel Fly.
PsyTropic is a label that called my attention because of their care for their costumers, all here is on the highest possible quality, the bpm and track times are printed on the back of the CD case and on the CD itself, which is perfect for DJs. Also the CD itself is pressed in so high quality that it shines... Haven't notice this before so I checked my collection and the PsyTropic CDs are different from the others in this aspect, the ink is plain on the surface of the CD and it gives a nice shining aspect. And the booklet is full of positive messages like a special thanks to the buyer:

"Special thanks go to you as listener and buyer of this original Audio-CD product. I am really glad that there are still individuals like you who like quality music without any cut frequency and original cool designed CDs and Booklets!"

And on the back of the CD case:
"Enjoy the Original! Copy kills your psymusic step by step!"

Not only that, but every PsyTropic release came out of the pressing with a complete explanation about the album name, in this case, the meaning of Supra Sphere (a sample of what's written):

Supra
adv: at an earlier place; "See above"
Over; above; before; also, beyond; besides; -- much used as a prefix.

Supra Sphere
1. (Astron)
(b) In ancient astronomy, one of the concentric and eccentric revolving spherical transparent shells in which the stars, sun, planets, and moon were supposed to be set, and by which they were carried, in such a manner as to produce their apparent motions.

2. (Logic)
The extension of a general conception, or the totality of the individuals or species to which it may be applied.

The mastering was made by Sidhartha.
Cover: The cover was designed by Jan Morawec and shows an abstract picture, sort of a smooth fractal explosion; well you can see for yourself.
http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?ptr1cd003_b.jpg:CDs/ptr/ptr1cd003.html:;

Track List:

1. Genetic Spin - Chemical Principles 06:20 - 144 BPM
2. NOK - System Damage 08:25 - 145 BPM
3. Cosmic Tone - Liquid Dwarf 08:00 - 140 BPM
4. InterSys - SychoActive 06:16 - 144 BPM
5. PsyNina - Cosmic Indian 07:30 - 142 BPM
6. Mexican Trance Mafia - We Let You Know 07:33 - 145 BPM
7. Mahamudra - 4th Dimension 08:10 - 145 BPM
8. Smuhg - Virus 06:26 - 143 BPM
9. Sidhartha - Whispers 07:12 - 146 BPM
10. System Nipel - Unlimited 07:46 - 144 BPM

Let's hear it...

1. Genetic Spin - Chemical Principles --> The album begins with this 144 bpm, funky track... It's really groovy until some guy says: "Close your eyes and say something" and a girl replies: "That was fucking trippy..." then a powerful bass line arrives. Good track to start the compilation, lots of effects, different bass lines and just a tinny hypnotic touch, I like it.

2. NOK - System Damage --> This track is the longer here... Some "Cittar-like" effects and a loud and noisy bass line arrives. I don't like this bass line, don't know if it's the mastering, but it sounds too loud in comparison with the other elements. In spite of it, the track is a full on bomb. And the bass line also got a break-like part that makes me dance. The slower part in the middle of the track and the end is also nice.

3. Cosmic Tone - Liquid Dwarf --> Cosmic tone bring us something steadier, not fast only 140 bpm, the slowest bpm on the album. Kind of hypnotic stuff, although it's not my style (I mean, not my style to play at parties), I'm sure a lot of people will like it, it clearly a well-produced track, featuring a lot of different and interesting bass lines, multi-colored layers of melodies and effects. Sure a good one to listen at home. :rolling:

4. InterSys - SychoActive --> InterSys kept the quality level from their last release o PsyTropic. This track is another blaster, packed with some interesting samples:

"When he intoxicated himself accidentally he discovered a very powerful psychoactive substance... planned self experiment..."

The track develops naturally until the sample "Psychedelics opened my mind to some new spaces..." and we're confronted with the true melodic nature of the track. All these different effects, bass lines and melodies make me dance, it's one of my favorite tracks on this album.

5. PsyNina - Cosmic Indian --> The sample at the start is something like: "El Materialismo esta terminando... Nostro mundo... Nostro mundo es del espirito... Aqui estamos los inteligentes, los que vivemos no pulmão do mundo: la selva..." which means something like: "The materialism is getting over... Our world... Our world is of the spirit... Here we are, the intelligent people, we that live in the lung of the world: the forest." Interesting sample. Completely different from all tracks before, this is a night tune. PsyNina bring us some screams, effects and a nasty kick . The sample repeats, more trippy effects...

6. Mexican Trance Mafia - We Let You Know --> Another steady track on a full on way, some effects composing a weird kind of melody and always matching the bass made me dance... Sure it's good to dance to, I only dislike the "small breaks" on the track that sometimes sounds wrong, but other than that it's a joyful ride.

7. Mahamudra - 4th Dimension --> This is a groovier approach to a stead kind of track. The first bass line is involving and there are many discrete sounds that make this track unique. Then we got this guy speaking a really fast sample in a language I don't know and another groovy, smooth, but still powerful bass line makes me jump. A lot of variation, a bit of experimentalism and just a pinch of power are the ingredients to this successful track.

8. Smuhg - Virus --> A lot of noise on this 143 bpm track, full of effects and different bass lines it's a night tune. But it's different from the usual stuff, the bass lines are weird and not that ever pounding bass we're used to hear at parties. I liked the middle more than the end, overall it's a nice production.

9. Sidhartha - Whispers --> We're now listening the faster track on this album. Sidhartha is Nuno Santos also known as DJ Eksco from Portugal; he is also responsible for the mastering of this album. He made a night tune with many different bass lines, right on my taste, one of the good stuff here. An always morphing track, many layers of sounds developing into something new. Good Job!

10. System Nipel - Unlimited --> Closing this compilation with great style is System Nipel with this pearl. Unlimited are the adjectives I could use to describe this impressive track. It's a concise track, all elements are tied together, but still there's a lot of variation. The music is always morphing and the different melodies bond all with a touch of emotion. Surely it's a special track, it touched my heart.

Verdict: 8/10. Once again PsyTropic Records managed to put together a robust, diversified and well produced compilation. Not only this release contains 10 previously unreleased tracks with total playtime near 74 minutes, but also the tracks are different from each other and effective on the dance floor. The

Favorites: 4(!), 5, 7, 9, 10(!!).

Recommendation: Again I recommend this PsyTropic release for the eclectic psy listener, those who attempt to listen and play different stuff, but don't want to give away the effectiveness. If you care about the quality of the originals in your collection, nice artwork and booklet, this was engineered for you.

Buy it here:
http://www.psybuy.net/?art=37
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ptr/ptr1cd003.html
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=2409
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5276
http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5021&osCsid=3551baeabd20417e11c2e15233c9e811

Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
FullCrash(Gadi)
FullCrash

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 29, 2005 22:14
7. Mahamudra - 4th Dimension

The Best Track In This Va For Sure

Go Mahmudra Go
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Nov 29, 2005 23:41
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 22:14, *-*FullCrash*-* wrote:
7. Mahamudra - 4th Dimension

The Best Track In This Va For Sure

Go Mahmudra Go

...and this is only based on this locked topic: http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/76358/forum/9
wouldnt it be better to make a real review and not just promote your friends? are you helping anyone by making hype? think about it.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Michael/Genetic Spin
Genetic Spin

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Nov 30, 2005 11:56
First of all I must say I like every track on this compilation very much and I think they suit eachother in style and production. When this is said off course some tracks I find more interesting than others. Mexican Trance Mafia is very nice production and would deffinately work every dancefloor . Funny story when I go to bed I always put on a cd to fall asleep to and when I put this comp on I always wake up in the Mexican Trance Mafia track and I know why, it's because the kick and bass is really pumping better than on the previous tracks. I've never tried drugs but when I wake up to this track feeling quite dizzy it sounds very psychedelic and twisted on me, so for that reason I really like this track. Intersys track I also find very interesting and inspiring, here I can really hear a new artist. It just has something to it which is becoming more and more rare these days. Production is becoming easier and easier with todays plugins so a lot of producers forget to tell a story and just think about production. But not these guys they really have a dreamy story to tell, maybe it's their track I fall asleep to hehehe...anyway a very nice track, I'm really gonna keep an eye on these guys. Another interesting track is the sidharta track, did this guy have a bad childhood or what? I found it interesting it's so angry this track, I can deffinately hear he has picked up some vibe from the parties. Nok I'm really following these days also because I hear some very cool tracks from him, this one is also very nice, only problem to me is "too much" reverb. If you're reading this I hope you will write me an email because I would really like to talk with you? Smuhg and Muhamudra I was also impressed by the very strong sound.....the other tracks are also very nice...so all in all I really like this comp and it's strongest point I believe that it's like it's looking into the future, I believe some of the ideas and artist we see on this compilation will be the future
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Supra Sphere (Psytropic Records 2005)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance