Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Staring at the Sun 2006 (Digital Distortion records)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Staring at the Sun 2006 (Digital Distortion records)

Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Apr 20, 2006 21:12
This is a new label from India owned by DJ 26 Brian/Kerosene Club. This is their debut release of some crazy twilight music!

Reveiw:

1. Stomp - Vatican Voodoo.
This is a morning project by DJ 26 Brian and an amazing track to start this compilation off. Nice synths used through out this track along with some nice effects. This track really takes off with 6 minutes into it, bursting with energy to finish off this track. Quite melodic.. Nice!

2.Killer Buds vs Mental Sparks - Hybrid Jungle.
Starts off with a very samba like sample followed by a thick kick and groovy bass. More than sounding as the track name suggests, you get the feeling of being in a carnival in Brazil, of course the sounds of the crickets and jungle sounds then changes your whole idea of this track. Track breaks around 4:30 with a males voice. Over all nice track which doesn't leave you stuck anywhere.

3. Stomp - Ego blaster
I, for some reason really like this track. Starts off nicely taken a slightly darker turn as compared to the first track. Nice break which introduces this crazy synth followed by a sample of the tabla. Very trippy indeed... Nice way to get this track charged up.. followed by some hypnotic electro sounds that are quite soothing.

4. Inner Action - Updating
This is one monstor of a track. After I read the name of this artist on the compilation, I knew for sure this was going to be one hell of a ride. Twisted effects everywhere with an bass that pull you into the track. Nice break at 3:00 and this track begins to pick up. I really don't like the sample of some guy saying something, sounds a little to 'Jason Nevin' types! An amazing track to be put some where in the middle of this comp.

5. Azax Syndrom - Nightmare (Stomp rmx)
I actually went back and heard the original track by Azax just to get a feel of what it originally sounded like. I somehow like the start of this track remixed by Stomp, sounds a lot better than the original one but I think the kick/bass Azax used was more prominent. Nice synth introduced after the break .. nice vibrant track with a touch of darkness. Not completely a nightmare.

6. Kali - Alternative Minds.
This is one track I've been playing over and over and OVER. I'm totally addicted to the bassline of this track, very bouncy and crisp! This track is full of melodies, crunchy cosmic sounds which reminds you you're still UP there! The breaks of this track only lets you think for a moment.. and you're thrown back into the void. The rhythm is infectious which never ceases to smear that smile off your face.

7. Wizard Lizard - Morning Glory
Nice track to follow after Kali. Starts off with a nice rhythmic sound followed by some groovy hats. The lead gets quite funky - bring about an atmospheric feel. Good track to keep the pace going.

8. Neuromotor - Star Shine.
Very acidic start to this track..Just short of someone scratching their nails on a chalk board! This track brings about a more progressive feel.. you can hear more and more sounds being slowly morphed together. Over all, I think this track could've been concluded in a much more alive manner.

9.Sirius Isness - Twister.
Nice full-on in arrangement, but not as easily accessible as some of the previous tracks. Things sort of cool down here.. this track gives you a feeling of tech-trance. Joyous synths which are all over the place.. giving this track a chipry effect.

Nice debut by Digital Distortion records. They've compiled the best artist for some excellent twilight music. This is one label on the rise which I would certainly keep a watch out for.
rajatrao2
Inactive User
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 21, 2006 07:03
Well the tracklist is something that i fell for but i was surely disappointed with this release.... However i did like the stomp nightmare remix and kali-alternative minds-->which was probably the best track of the cd.... Tracks like morning glory are far too cheesy to digest... Anyways i expect more from DD in times to come...
All the best brian and wafisha
Rajat
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Apr 21, 2006 15:13
really liked the azax rmx. liked the new melody in it alot. the kali track is the next gem of the compilation. really liked the track. also liked stomp - ego blaster - though the melody is really cheesy. still fall for it everytime hehe. the other tracks are alright. expected more from the sirius isness and killer buds tracks...           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
djanahata
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Apr 21, 2006 17:15
KALI RULES !!!!!!!

www.myspace.com/djanahata
www.materiarecords.com
Out Now! va PROFESSIONAL MATCD12 - Compiled by Dj Anahata
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Apr 21, 2006 17:42
i think twister has the best start for a track from all this compilation ive been grinding this track too much lately but it cools down too much after about 4min.. i wish that someone would make a remix to it making the start last longer
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : May 3, 2006 23:08
just got my copy couple of weeks back...sorry for the late review ...
This is a pretty good debut i must say....but having said tht ...i felt it cld have been better...
I really like the Stomp sound...very different compared to the stuff released these days...way to go brian....hope to hear more from u soon...
To me , the killer buds track stands out in this comp...true to the name of the track...u feel like ur in the middle of a brazilian jungle...the energy in this track is simply amazing...especially the last 3 minutes...and the Kali track...wow.its a scorcher...the bassline is so addictive...i hope to hear more from this artist in the future...
good luck with the future comps...
BOOM!
          www.braindrop.in
Ganeisha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : May 3, 2006 23:56
Quote:

On 2006-04-20 21:12, Bloodclot wrote:
2.Killer Buds vs Mental Sparks - Hybrid Jungle.
Starts off with a very samba like sample followed by a thick kick and groovy bass. More than sounding as the track name suggests, you get the feeling of being in a carnival in Brazil, of course the sounds of the crickets and jungle sounds then changes your whole idea of this track. Track breaks around 4:30 with a males voice. Over all nice track which doesn't leave you stuck anywhere.

For me the best track on this album.
All of them are great but this one blasts
Keep going Digital Distortion!            life is short or to long so i can give myself the luxury of living it so bad.
----------------------------
http://www.magnetikagency.com
http://www.nexus-media.co.za
http://www.quest4goa.com
Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : May 4, 2006 07:20
Quote:

On 2006-04-21 17:15, djanahata wrote:
KALI RULES !!!!!!!

all the way

on the whole the sirius isness track also needs a special mention ...

by lookin at the tracklist u mite think this is a smasher of a compilation but a tad dissapointing...but most tracks are atleast average and above...

peacE           Why Worry?? BE.........HIPPIE
Greennun

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 9, 2006 22:32
Vey nice compilation,nice tracks by stomp,also kali, inneraction, wizard are the other killers.
Nice one, and good to have in the collection.           "If Pac man had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music”.
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : May 10, 2006 13:12
Hey all sorry for the late review

For me these are the stand out track's in the album:

Wizard Lizard - Morning glory >> A very different approach specially the bassline for this track if you compare it with other Wizard Lizard track's

Kali - Alternative Minds >> Awesome melody in the track..although the Ultimate energy track's by him are pure psychedelic.

Killer Buds vs Mental Sparks - Hybrid Jungle >> Killer buds killer job...Awesome energy in this track great story and awesome sample's.

A good debut compilation for sanjay(predator) and co.

All the best for the future

Boom

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Staring at the Sun 2006 (Digital Distortion records)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance