Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Spindrive Vol. 1 (Spintwist Records 2005)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Spindrive Vol. 1 (Spintwist Records 2005)

Paladin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 19, 2006 17:17
The first compilation for this label from Hannes Klitta aka Sync/Vaishiyas.

Artist: Various - compiled by Sync & Vaishiyas.
Title: Spindrive Vol.1 - Psychedelic & Progressive Trance.
Label: Spintwist Records.
Cat#: STICD001.
Format: CD in jewel case, foldout inlay.
Release Date: 6th December 2005.
Distribution: Psychop.net.

Track Listing:

1. 7'26" Symphonix - Shut Up (134BPM).
2. 7'33" Vaishiyas - Latch (140BPM).
3. 8'23" Liquid Soul - Airwave (135BPM).
4. 7'49" Kularis - New World (140BPM).
5. 7'21" Sync - Rendabenda (142BPM).
6. 8'26" Monotron - Victorious (136BPM).
7. 7'18" Ibojima - Sunrise of Tomorrow (142BPM).
8. 7'04" Sync - Transfer (142BPM).
9. 6'49" Kularis - Triptraptriphop (90BPM).

Review:

1. Symphonix - Shut Up.
A deep funky progressive number with liberal use of dub echoes and tribal influences on the percussion. I wouldn't call it minimal but there's not enough progression in it for my sets.
2. Vaishiyas - Latch.
Now we're moving along, BPMs up to 140, much more of a psychedelic trance feel with some "epic psy" influences on the top side and lush pads to complement. All still with quite a deep feel to it though. Nice track.
3. Liquid Soul - Airwave.
Ok so Nicola Capobianco is on a roll in our scene at the moment - he makes 135BPM sound like a 140 BPM belter, god knows how! This will be too much towards the "commercial" side of trance for alot of people but for me it's got quality production written all over it! It's certainly uplifting....more please!!!
4. Kularis - New World.
This one goes back to the deeper zone but is quite bouncy. He's experimented with instrumentation which doesn't really work for me and there's also a slightly irritating little vocal. Not my cup of tea really - it does progress to anywhere in my mind.
5. Sync - Rendabenda.
The second offering on this from compiler Hannes Klitta and it's good! A very bouncy 142BPM track without feeling that hard but does feel much more psychedelic and nicely uplifting. Definitely got the Vaishiyas feel to it! For me this one is the best effort Hannes does on this comp.
6. Monotron - Victorious.
This is only 136BPM but has a hard driving kickdrum and a darker feel to the previous tracks. It progresses into more uplifting territory through the track but never really hits the spot.....sort of a holding track so in my mind just felt like filler!
7. Ibojima - Sunrise of Tomorrow.
Now we're talking!!!! A harder feel altogether but with very tribal percussion, excellent progression and a nice return of good psy fx over the top. After the breakdown at 5 minutes it belts along like there's no tomorrow(no pun intended!) and that's where you're hooked into a gorgeous trance groove you just don't want to stop....very uplifting too! Great stuff!!!
8. Sync - Transfer.
Third offering form Hannes Klitta. It feels very funky for 142 BPM, has great tribal tinged percussive elements and good progressive build. Nice!
9. Kularis - Triptraptriphop.
Starts with a sample from Monty Python's Holy Grail; is that a first on a psy trance cd?!!! It's comfortable chillout music with sort of an Up, Bustle & Out feel to it.

In Conclusion:

This is a nice comfortable opener for Spintwist BUT, and it's a big but(!) that's it's downfall. The standout tracks are very nice but it feels like half the cd is just going nowhere. If I was putting out my first label comp I would want to blow peoples minds! But maybe I'm just greedy!! And no dj cd case slip.... others are doing it so why not Spintwist!

Top tracks: 3(!),7(!),5(!) with 2,8.

Overall: 7/10

If you point your cart North,
when you want to go South,
How will you find The Way?
----Ryokan----
aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Jan 19, 2006 17:20
sorry, but if you need a cd case slip than youre not a dj, youre a carbon-cased jukebox...
          Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
Paladin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 19, 2006 17:26
Ok Aje, fair point!
I admit it, I'm a bit lazy occasionally and can't memorise the entire artist names, track names of all the cd's I carry in my cd folder to gigs and can't be ars*d to write them out myself if I don't have to!
Actually I'm just anally retentive about those kind of things!!!!
Must need to smoke more LOLOL!!!           If you point your cart North,
when you want to go South,
How will you find The Way?
----Ryokan----
Spintwista
Spin Twist records

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 21:07
Hey everybody,

thanx for the comments..

Hannes..

www.spintwist.de

Spintwista
Spin Twist records

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 21:10
here is the link to listen to the clips.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/spn/spn1cd001.html

Hannes

www.spintwist.de

Esterian
Esterian Project / NOK

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 21:16
hey hannes ...gratulations..another bomb from ur label.....!!!!! Its grows up really fast..go on with this great work.....greetings alex
sensifeel
sensifeel

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Mar 21, 2006 12:59
Hi..really nice compilation...one of the best this begining of year...for sur...
I like the track list which move as a wave...
no big favourit tracks, cause only nice tracks are in here...

Waiting for the next one!

keep it up! nice one!!
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Mar 21, 2006 13:14
Liquid Soul - Airwave
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Spindrive Vol. 1 (Spintwist Records 2005)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance