Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - 'Source' CD- (Tribeadelic Records 2004)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - 'Source' CD- (Tribeadelic Records 2004)

tract
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 16, 2004 11:37
Tribeadelic Source CD
(V/A,s CD) TRB005

http://www.tribeadelic.com

This latest disc from Tribeadelic takes a big step and a new direction from the last 'SOLID' compilation delivering 10 strong psychedelic dance floor smashers. Consistent high production throughout and the interesting and thought provoking artwork completes this compilation.

Tracklist

1.Liquid–Aradia
2.Mr Peculiar–Insane World
3.Fractal Glider–Fractured
4.Enterprise-Soma
5.Legohead–Get it India
6.Skazi-Dreams
7.Drap Drop–Sleepless
8.Atomic Pulse vs Ozzy–Ozland
9.Burn in Noise–Gaia
10.Sienis–Psychedelic Pink

01)Track one drift’s in with sliding synth waves punctuated by a sharp kick and clean hihats. Think Ultravoice with the same level of production and you can easily understand the nature of this track. A much more spacious and layered sound than some other Liquid tunes I have heard with some nice clean basslines.

02) A growling bass monster this one and the first Mr P track I have heard in a while. A total evolution in style here with this one reminding me of Sirius Isness in regards to percussion and structure. Some ethereal sound waves and sliding punchy stabs make for a most pleasant journey.

03) Fluid sound’s here with some great mutations in the structure and a fair few familiar Fractal Glider sounds. The kick drum in this isn’t too heavy but still punches hard enough not to leave you wanting which I feel is a bonus as it is a fairly dense track in parts with lots of FX and instruments dropping in and out.

04) A definite favorite here, flying psychedelic sounds over a nice kick drum lets this fly away and the melodic synths work very well indeed, reminds me of Hujaboy in a round aboutway. Possibly this track could have had more dimension but it has a compressed snap to it that works well and the percussion and sample at about 2’30 make it definite dance floor material. Some nice chants and crawling acid lines are also used very well.

05) Another very French sounding track from Legohead with plenty of climbing twisting instruments, Fx flying around the place, staggered vocal samples and a trademark bass line sound. It does get fairly heavy in sound around the 5’50 mark so be warned... but it is sure to impact where it matters most.

06) Ok Skasi is known for having a bit of bass and this certainly has hard bassdrums. Banging it out, Skasi drops a ‘That’s what really excites you’ sample into the mix and hard banging psytrance ensues. Highly refined sounds drop in and out over a monstrous hollow kick drum that reminds me of someone hitting a container ship with a sledgehammer. Total ecstasy for hard music fans when the distorted guitars drop in and things get massive. Absolutely and totally banging Skasi-trance. Rock On!

07) This one from Drap Drop slides into another twisting monster that is fairly full of pans and a very nice kickdrum. Fortunately before it comes to heavy some nice melodies drop in and relieve the track a great deal before the buildup. The melodies and orchestral sounds really give it presence and a deep feel making it another standout on the compilation.

08 ) You can be fairly confident anything from Atomic Pulse is going to have high enjoyment potential and the side project with Ozzy here takes the typical sound in a great direction. Trademark kicks and bass lines are present but there is more body and the synth lines help add to an already complete picture. A very viscous and fluid feel if you were to talk about the atmosphere of the track.

09) b00m! this reminds me of Talamasca’s 'Time Hunter' and it mixes seamlessly into it. Using a ‘Gaia’ sample that has also appeared in a few other tracks recently this arpeggio filled number doesn’t waste any time and in many ways improves on the formula of the similar sounding counterpart. A great track, my second favourite on the disc.

10) Another strong favorite on the disc, once the notorious Pink Panther intro has finished we slide into some beautiful psychedelic melodies from Sienis that wouldn’t be out of place at a forest party. Slow, sliding and very funky with a chunky kick this is a superb track that glides and churns with racy horns. Beautiful musics.

I give this 9/10 A solid...Source.           http://www.killahtea.com/

Underground Psychedelic Nightmusic
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 12:44
g'day mates!
this one is a must judging by the solid and liquid compilations. tribadelic rec. is an aussie pride! keep up with the good job
btw, who is enterprise and drap drop?
tract
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 21, 2004 08:39
Enterprise is Alex Khorosh from Russia

Drap Drop is Diogo Yoshino and Tsunemoto Kobayashi from Japan           http://www.killahtea.com/

Summum Bonum
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Aug 24, 2004 22:02
When's this releasing?            "Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
Kimotor

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 25, 2004 12:34
2.Mr Peculiar–Insane World
10.Sienis–Psychedelic Pink

great tracks
fucking like it!           soccer, girls, music... the good life
ozzy
Ozzy

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 10:45
Quote:

On 2004-08-24 22:02, Hrishikesh wrote:
When's this releasing?

out in stores now.
or just check saikosounds
          A TRIBEADELIC GATHERING
10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Dec 30/08 - Jan 2/09
www.tribeadelic.com
Waveman
Psionyx

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 5, 2004 23:05
Just got this in the mail.

A really excellent comp - my favorite tracks are 2, 5, and 8. The Skazi track didn't really do much for me, but the rest are great!

The Legohead track kills me every time. Nice work
          -=Psionyx=-
"We make you feel strange."
tract
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 8, 2004 11:48
Track 9 is probably my current favourite           http://www.killahtea.com/

harminize

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Nov 8, 2004 14:12
yeah a killah cd!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - 'Source' CD- (Tribeadelic Records 2004)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance