Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Royal Rumble - Traktor Schallabor (2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Royal Rumble - Traktor Schallabor (2003)

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Mar 20, 2003 16:44
it was along time iv been waiting to "something to write home about" and its came and a big time
Killian's Traktor Schallabor Records and his Swiss Knifes mafia guys back with strong compilation of most upgrated progressive psychedelic sounds. Fat production and tons of good music here, also some realy fresh ideas and very quality controleted sound.

01 Insane Creation - Manishma - i guess its a Swiss answer to Haldoliums "Wassup ??" trak hehe, or its a influences of DOMO records and their close relatonships:) hehe. anyway, its nice percussive piece of morning psychedelia, no shit. real dancefloor stuff from first trak, as its should to be:)

02 Der 1 Punkt - Alraune - quite unknown act (previously released trak on surprized Spontaneus Aerobics comp) give us strong drive and hi hats that remind a classic XV Killist sound. nice tune with 3 !! times changing bass line, kinda up pusher.

03 Sven Snug - Muhlkoppe - old time known Swiss producer with wonderfull morning tune, very dynamic and dancable and in the same time very soft in it feeling with amazing pieces of melodies flow around your head. but knifes still here:) add here some funk and u get perfect tune for morning outdoor situation.

04 Lounge Control - Ohrsicht - Killian and his side projects:) i heard it on a EP, now its cd releasing, with no doubt my favorite here and at all also. this is the SOUND. its beauteful melodic progressive killer:) such a deep groove u never heard for sure!! a bit more techno alike builded this tune a fresh vision on progressive music, for me at least. nothing to add here, nothing to take out. enjoy.

05 Tone Factory - Coca Cabana - a funny name and a funky trak. powerly bassline and kick combination make this one more than welcomed also at full on sets, even here in Israel:) good PA and stone crowd will be a only thing i wish to add to this trak:) great builded morning trance.

06 La Baaz - Corrosive - fast morning progressive psychedelic that sure will take u on a train called trance. monotone and dynamic in the same time, nice atmosphere and some nostalgie melodic samples. less favorite i must admit.

07 David Steel - This Sound (Lounge Control RMX) - another Lounge Control work here, again, crossover hybrid at its positive meaning. Killian knifes all around, percussions of realy masters and whole "Lounge" atmosphere, another favorite of mine for sure.

08 Colours - Razzia - last trak also not less dancefloor oriented and not less kicking. young Swiss guys bring us some funny sampled robots and kicking low basic. a real mover with good attidute.

well, realy good work by Killian (not that i was in doubt), progressive trance at its best its here. i must to say i wait for cd releases of his Mehl project that also simply amazing music, not less.

Farmers Rules !!
          Believe your soul !
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Mar 20, 2003 16:57
indeed a great compilations, it kept me intense all the way... even tho its not the tipical "Traktor" sound.

my fav one is Sven Snug... this piece just can keep on going forever and it wont be boring

nice review elik
          if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 20, 2003 17:00
its a pleasere to write about such cds:)

about "typical" Traktor sound - its doesnt exist, as its should to be at Progressive label:)
knifes its a Fun Key:)
          Believe your soul !
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 20, 2003 17:02
by saying that, i ment that its very far from beeing in the "farmer style"...

and i know u like knifes, u little ars
          if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 20, 2003 17:06
hehe, i just like when dj have something to "killllll" me, some "killeerrrr" instrument, knife seems as a best solution for this:)

Farmers its not a sound, its a state of mind           Believe your soul !
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 20, 2003 17:31
keep beeing a smartass... i`ll "killllllll" ya some day           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Mar 20, 2003 19:04
Träkker Fahn!

Sorry, that was a farmers motivational chant induced by this excellent progressive CD.

Faves 1 3 4 5 7

La Baaz is dissappointing after their brilliant flow rec. 12"

Great work Kilian!           Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
B-E-I-Z
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 21, 2003 00:29
Progressive for the move !
great compilation! i liked a lot !

Boom for Traktor Rec.

ThiagoNAKA
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Mar 22, 2003 03:00
WOW!

Perfect compilation!

great review!

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Apr 9, 2003 10:44
thanx dudes:)
this cd kicking very well, still and for a long time i guess.           Believe your soul !
patrick
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 9, 2003 22:10
i have this cd now for quite a while and i must admit i expected a bit more of the
traktor posse. not that its bad but i know
they can do better (where is that xvkilist album??? hope they will release it soon..
it will rock big time). somehow it sounds not
that fresh, i dont know. the only tracks
i still like very much is the one from sven snug
and the dave steel rmx.

still waiting for xv album alpha aroma...
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Apr 9, 2003 23:06
i like 1.2.3.5.6.7.8....gr8 compilation...no. 4 i really dont like...dont know why
kilians new album ("alfa aroma") is announced on may i think...together with the usual traktor delay of 6 months = october !!
hands up for bremgarten gang           Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
patrick
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 10, 2003 00:04
hehe anakoluth, so true about the delay... same with this cd, was anounced in december last year... but for the xv album its worth all the waiting.
there should be an ep from xv very soon and the new interzone comp is awesome:
the swiss strike again
raban
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Apr 11, 2003 23:21
swiss perfectionism as it bests , great cd for sure!!
Asuhra
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 21:34
Tracks 2,5 & 7 are great,but the rest It's like goes in trough an ear and comes out from the other I'll give it a 5.5/10           Opus Iridium
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Royal Rumble - Traktor Schallabor (2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance