Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. Resurrection by Kristian (Transient Rec. 2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A. Resurrection by Kristian (Transient Rec. 2006)

Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Aug 22, 2006 22:07
V.A. Resurrection by Kristian (Transient Rec. 2006)

Name: V.A. Resurrection
Compiled by Kristian
Label: Transient Records
Format: CD / TRANCD 101
Released: May 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/tra1cd101_b.jpg

Greg & Coyle made possible the rebirth of the legendary Transient Records early this year. Now, Transient brings us a new fresh compilation by Kristian, one the most busy dj's @ the moment and A&R of Transient Records.

Track 1- The compilation kicks off with a track from Frequliser - Centre of Mind (6:35). (mistake on the act name printed in the cover. should be Freakulizer) I see it as a nice openning track as it melts the boundaries between uplifting sounds & tight rythms with the typical proggy bassline in contrast with the full on groove vibe. It bring us nice build ups. after the first break (+-3:10) there's a vocal speacking about the human brain and sudently you see yourself involved in a melodic journey which leads you into a nice groovy pattern just until the last break of the track where you find the climax of this track. It is a track that works perfect mainly in clubs but in open air events as well. 8/10

Track 2- Second track is from Plastic Vibe - Gone (8:43) This track represents in my view the well known club vibe music. Everything very well structured, always nice build ups with catchy sounds, very tight rythms shaking you all the way. There is big breakdown between 5:55 - 6:50 which leads to the last phrase of the journey. Well arranged mellows that work perfect with the groove and rythm section of the music. It works well in any dancefloor, although very well done it dosent bring any new particular flavour to the scene but it goes very well as a second track in this compilation. 7/10

Track 3- Star-X - Religion (7:35) This israely duo start the track with a vocal speacking about religion, its big buisiness and its mystical power, nice theme for the track which kicks off with a very groovy bassline from start. You can feel it is top notch production on this one. Around the second minute you already feel involved by the uplifting fullon type of israeli typical groove, but here this guys manage to keep a simple clean journey through beautifull synth lines and mellows, creating a very peacefull vibe and very danceble. Around the 4th minute the first break strts bringing a catchy mellow that keeps developing when the beat comes along.. Nice party music that brings a smile to everyone faces in the dancefloor. I like the transposes chosen for the bassline in harmony with the track creating a beautifull paint where you can lose yourself within the colours. There are lots of same kind of building ups in this track being the last part of the music the most groundbreaking one. My favourite in the compilation so far. 9/10

Track 4- 2Hi - Bad Boy (7:15) This is one of those funny tracks for me.. heheh The beginning is very simple with some reversed looped vocal which really creates the felling of something growing and aproaching you. Then the kick and bass comes in a very groovy fashion. It develops the rythmic section till the first breakdown wich quickly develops into the beggining of this story. Here you start to feel the direction this track is taking. Around 3:20 the track develops into the well known party frenzy created by catchy sounds, uplifting mellows, and a great vibe. This is one of my favourtive moments in this track. Around 4:20 you know exactly you're listening to 2HI because of the mellows done here. Its not the first time you will find this kind of electro mellows in this guys music. It is proven to make wonders in the dancefloor for sure. I would have prefered to listen to some other idea for this development, something not so recycled but as a track it works great. 7/10

Track 5- Interactive - Electro times (6:55) To be honest this is the first track i ever listen from this guys so i dont know what to expect. The beginning looks pretty cosmic stuff, very atmospheric, good stuff.. Phat bass kicks in and there's some colors too provided by some sweep pad giving a cosmic sensation that you're somewhere in space.. Then as the track starts developing, beautifull synth lines come along, very groovy and kinda organic stuff. The rythm games provided here by the synths works perfect. After the first breakdown the tracks takes a slightly more morning side, but quickly turns into balgan @ 3:15. This is my favourite climax on this track so far, the synth line is playing a mellow kinda old school very tripy great modulation that looks is moving around you. The big break down comes finally and here you start to understand why the name of the track. The beat explodes and you are sent into a electro journey into interactive grooves, full blast electro kinda mellow which natural develops into the end of the track. Party music guaranteed on this one! original style as they manage to combine different elements from the psychedelic spectrum like full on, proggy and electro. 8/10

Track 6- Mk Lome V Kristian - Weird Vibe (8:39) Great expectation for this track. It kicks off after a 55sec intro, extremely tripy journey which leaves you in even more expectation about where is this taking you.. The beat starts and you feel the groove in the bass arriving to your electric receptors starting to send impulses all over you but when you realise that, you're already jumping and dancing to the wierd tribal feeling brought by the rythmic section. it works great with the bass groove creating a wild vibe. This one works well on any dancefloor for sure. From here it develops into a combined recipe of groove, psychedelia and weird vibes as the track name says. The last build up culminates in the style of the last part of the previous 2 tracks in this compilation. Mixing melody with difrent grooves, combining them with the envolving psychedelia. The bass line is still pretty phat but the synth lines along this track just fill your speackers of phat phat crunchy waves that i just feel i can almost grab them. Natural development till the end, it works well in a dancefloor, again combining difrent elements in this recipe. It's not as "morning" vibe as the previows tracks but its one of those tracks that suits in many difrent times @ a party. Production skills are proven to be good on this track 8/10

Track 7- Fortu - Juice (7:30) Also the first track i hear from this project. It is a intresting track, i like a lot the first part till the first break down. It haves a very funky vibe to it although i cant define it into full on or proggy. it melts the boundaries once again between to many difrent elements, combined in a crystal clear harmony. very groovy track, makes you want to dance, very nice arrangement. I find this style original, as many artist on this compilation. Here is a track that goes well in any set, great catchy sounds, beautifully synth lines done here. To be honest there is nothing new on this track, but the way this guy arranged and combined the elements make this track very special, and very effective. Good track to trance and dance. 8/10

Track 8- Kruger & Coyle - The witness (Bulletproof remix) Track with no intro i like it hehehh starts straight into business. Puming kick and awsom bass line. Phat as hell perfect as heaven. it develops slowly leting the rythms arriving as a natural progressive flow of development. the arrangement on this one is great, it keeps you in the same journey for long long time, just bringing in and out new colours and always getting bigger and more and more danceable. There is a awsom vocal sample in this track, really gives an imprint to the track. (what does it says/means?? haxiga? haixa? hashiva? lool) @ 4:00 the track gets to its basics and from there onwards is just funky chunky groovy beats, and the vocal comes again this time heavily effected. from here it goes to a more conventional section of the track, with some bass transpose to help the party. After there is the last break down which develops into probablly the strongest climax of this track. All the elements of the track come along this part in a new arrangement. i think this track was very well captured by Bulletproof, which brought us a difrent taste but in perfect symbiose with the compilation attitude. Great production 9/10

Track 9- Triptych - Rock the Valley (8:10) Triptych is well established artist, which has entretained us with beautifull pieces of music. And what a beautiful way to finish the compilation! I love this track is uplifting & grooving to the bone. The mellows are totally insane, really good stuff. Its not one those tracks your head blow off, but sure it will keep you high and happy in any dancefloor Cosmic mellows and angelic vibes. Powerfull grooves and tight rythms.. Great vocal combination and atmospheres.. Awsom arrngement and very unique style.. Guitar and synths in perfect combination.. really good choice to finish this compi. Peacefull musical vibes leave us waiting for more! 9/10

So, in the overall this compilation surprised me. Mainly because the combination of so many difrent elements presented in this production. You can find a bit of everything that is good and always with a positve vibe. The production skills on this comp are also very good expecialy in the tracks from Star-x , Bulletproof & Triptych. I also like the way Kristian conducted this journey creating a sequence of music that really builds up to the climax and then he knows how to bring you down to earth in the best way possible.
I see this compilation as a bright rebirth from a great label, and also it was great to see it suporting new and talanted artists.
Looking forward for the next releases! Coming next on TRANSIENT Human Blue album!
My favourites: 3!,5,6,7,8!,9!!
My Rating: 8/10
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Aug 22, 2006 22:44
Available @
Psyshop - http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tra/tra1cd101.html
SaikoSounds - http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5657
Psybuy - http://www.psybuy.net/index.php?SID=069447e742fbd2037660146ba5f219c2&ride=0&u0=0&u1=0&u2=0&u3=0&art=31&mtf=&ecart=
Chaos Unlimited - http://chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=TRANCD101
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 00:31
nice review and great to see Trasient back. All the best to Greg and Kristian and all involved!

http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 14:43
Thanks for the review and comment guys
Dj Fx

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 17:26
I've this album since 3 months now. I agree with most of Fingax review (good job btw).
Good to retrieve Transient with such production. Thx Kristian for this compil.
-------
Fred
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 25, 2006 23:16
Thanks for the good words Fx.
Psyrod

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 6, 2006 19:29

Fantastic comeback by Transient well done to Kristian and Greg Lunar. The artwork wasnt my cuppa
but the track selection is blinding.
Michael/Genetic Spin
Genetic Spin

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 7, 2006 01:47
For me InterActive is the best track, soft with it's 90 kind of pop vocal sample/synth sample yet a powerfull track with loads of energy...interesting stuff
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 8, 2006 20:30
Hi guys thanks for the good words. Great meeting you in Denmark last month Michael
Steve00
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Sep 11, 2006 17:47
After to hear the Compilation for a couple of months I must to say that the CD isn't what I was expecting. There is too much full on standard on it and the fact that the CD didn't drive too much oferring the same usual full on nowadays. The last Transient releases was better than this one far but there's a good tracks very well produced from Interactive and Tryptich but it seems like you're making a better job with the albums .... Dj Sangeet and Human Blue it sounds really good for my oirs. Waiting to hear something with the old taste of Transient from the progressive to psy-trance with the classic UK ideas with artists like Logic Bomb, Cosmosis, Laughing Buddha, Human Blue, Mumbo Jumbo, ManMadeMan, Dickster among others. Let's see wich way you follow guys but for me you didn't maked in this one. It wasn't a big ressurection for me.
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 12, 2006 14:47
In the next release. There will be one or two old style tracks but not more as we move fowards not backwards with the sound.But we will try to achieve a balance
Steve00
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Sep 12, 2006 19:10
Well that's really sad, if this is move forwards then I'm totally lose, you're moved to the same way to other labels without own identity at all it's really sad that you guys move to the usual stuff but hey I should respect that I'll check the albums for sure and hopefully I'll wait for a balance with the old quality prodcutions with the usual stuff good luck with the next releases of Transient.
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 13, 2006 15:51
Yeah sorry about that. 00

Hi Michael glad you like Inneractive. Yes the foot is getting better.Thanks. Managed ok in Marocco without a cane
Transient Records
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Sep 15, 2006 15:00
Here is a review on the release by John00 Flemming in the IDJ Magazine.

Various Artist
Ressurection

Transient Uk

Transient are back and under a new ownership-the previous team who couldnt bear to see their baby die.Greg and Kristian have always had their finger on the pulse of whats going on in the psy trance world. And this singles compilation has brought Transient bang up to date with the current climate. Nice track selection from Kristian.

JF.

4/5
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. Resurrection by Kristian (Transient Rec. 2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance