Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Random (Koyote 2004)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Random (Koyote 2004)

moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 6, 2004 11:49
1. Mantak – Horror Theme
2. Captain Ginger – Rainman
3. Sam Spacey – Slow Motion
4. Great Leap Forward – Sniff
5. Erik The Viking – Viking Navigators
6. Aphid Moon – Star People
7. Polaris – Thor
8. Front Minimale – Sphrinchles Spooks
9. Angels Vs. Aliens – Two Left Feet
10. Humito – Wider Horizons
11. Machineries Of Heaven – Dark Sky
12. Revolution Void – Obscure Terrain
13. Captain Ginger – Sundown
14. Yuji Hosoe – Evening Calm
15. That Black – Amo
16. Mantak – Easy Pieces
17. …Tee Hee

After releasing very innovative artists like Ominus, Miranda and Hux Flux, Koyote records just seemed to dissapear. Most people wondered why cause most of their stuff was top quality. And then in the spring of 04 this comp comes out of the blue!
First of all, contrary to what you might think after seeing the numbers of tracks, no this is NOT a double CD comp, nor is it a mixed comp. It's just that most tracks are pretty short.

Koyote bring back the old tradition of having a comp that ranges from chill-out downtempo tracks to full-on stormers and I must say that I haven't seen that in quite a few years. However i find the chill-out tracks MUCH more innovative than the uptempo ones. The uptempo tracks are mostly minimalistic, Iboga style... there are some who like that, personally I don't... and I expected Koyote with it's history to make some more innovative and involving stuff

But some of the chill-out tracks are a bliss!! i will comment my fave cill-out tracks on this comp:

Great Leap Forward - Sniff is one of my top fave chill-out tracks. It's absolutley incredible, it reminds me old pre-95 trance and has a very "mystical" feeling to it.

Humito also has a very nice track. Then comes Machineries of Heaven - Dark Skies . As you can imagine, it's more on the dark side. It has one of those incredible involving mystical oldschool-like melody... oh God it's just sooo good!!!

Well, that's about it, the other chill-out tracks tend to get more on the cheezy commercial side...

Conclusion first of all, big thumbs up to Koyote for making an "old-fashioned" comp with chill-out tracks AND uptempo ones!! However I'm kindof dissapointed... There are basically 2 KILLER chill-out tracks (4 and 11), one that's good but not great (10) and that's about it... The uptempo tracks are mostly on the minimal side, which is a style I don't really dig. And the chill-out tracks towards the end of the comp are VERY cheezy... So basically 10/10 for the 2 tracks I mentioned and 3/10 for the rest...
I must say that I expected more from legendary label Koyote...
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Oct 15, 2004 03:22
humito - wider horizons came out a long time ago if im not mistaken?
ok a Drum Druids remix of the track was released on VA Elucidations [LSD 2002]
i like this version better.
but really like moondancer said, theres really only a couple other good ones on here, they released too many mediocre tracks and shouldve worked harder to gather some killers, even if it was only a few. ... are they holding out? i dont have the cd in front of me now, so i cant say which is which, but lets just say i put it on the shelf soon after getting it.
what next from koyote/peyote? back into the cave?
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Random (Koyote 2004)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance