Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Psylight Moments ( Northern Psylight Records ) 2007
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A Psylight Moments ( Northern Psylight Records ) 2007

Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Oct 30, 2007 18:40
Established in Stavanger, Norway by Leif Erik Askeland (Former member of Trold) and Ketil Mardal in 2005. These guys set out to present the world to the real world of fantasy, of psychedelic trance and mind expanding music which by many feels lost and almost forgotten. They have their presence in the world of psychedelic trance for more then 15 years as DJ’s, musicians and party organizers in Norway as well as international psychedelic trance artists focusing on psychedelic full on.

After the very impressive debut of Psylight Explosion, this is their second release. Lets check it out.

Title : Psylight Moments
Format: CD
Year : 2007
Distributor : Saiko sounds

Tracklist :

1.Orgon Flow - Beat Hacker
2.Random - System Overload
3.Dark nebula & Xine - Serious Shit
4.EVP - Dimensional Field theory
5.Gaspard - Vendetta kinda mood
6.Full Face - Earth alert
7.Time Zero - Next Phase
8.Sidhartha - Shamanic Rhythm
9.Hyper Synapse - Little Game
10.Delysid(feat. Brainhunters) - Freaks Dungeon

Orgon Flow - Beat Hacker

Having previously come out with an album and couple of tracks on compilations, this is thier new offering.
Track starts off with a nice breaks intro. Few secs later kick and bass are introduced. Nice kick and bass. Quirky fx follow
all around for a few secs more. A minute ino the track a nice synth is introduced. Percussions follow and the track is
in good progress. A break down is introduced at around 2:15 minutes and the track is in full throttle. Some interesting atmos and a vocal keepfollowing. A lot of breaks elements in the track which kinda cuts the flow of the track, but nevertheless a nice opener. Looking forward to see more from this artist.

Random - System Overload

Ive liked previous works of Random especially on V.a Chromaconnection with Chromatone. Starts of with a nice atmo and very soon nice kick and bass introduced with a very deep and enticing synth. Track progresses nicely with the same synth. A small breakdown after 2 minutes with lil breaks elements.
The flow comes back pretty quickly with the same synth and some nice fx. By now the track progresses very beautifully. Another breakdown at 4:00 with lil obscure/breaks style.Back comes that same synth with some nice airy pads. This is a juicy offer from Random. Again a lot of breaks elemnt in this track.Not really a driving track but perfect for the twilight hours. Beautiful!

Dark nebula & Xine - Serious Shit

Here comes the Ozzy master Dark nebula with a collaboration.I have not heard of the other artist''s music but lets check it out. Track opens with some nice eerie fx and sample and with his trademark bassline. A minute into the track good fx come into place with a good synth.Powerful and teasing one it
is too. 2 : 45 mins into the track a sample is introduced and the bassline changes to more driving and groovy. With some nice fx accompanying in the background. Soon kick and bass follow with hipassed filtered synth. The track is in good progress by now.
Very driving and playful. At around 5 minutes a flanged/phased guitar kinda synth is introduced. This sound has very much come from the aussies Sacred Scars album. This one cld twist and bend ur brains like anything!
Track ends of with a pitch bent sample and the same guitar synth , only more phased/flanged this time. This track is a scorcher for sure!!! Nice one guys!

EVP - Dimensional Field theory

I havent heard much of Evps music but i know for the fact that he has already released an album and has also been featured on other respected labels.
Starts with nice airy pads and a sample. Very soon kick and bass is introduced. Very nice bassline. I just felt it should have been lil more stronger. Very nice work on the fx tht follow on. At around 2.45 a very nice uplifting lead is introduced tht floats very smoothly. at around a sample is introduced accompanied by old pacman like sounds. Some of the sounds could have been lil more strong on this track, esp. the kick and bass. But otherwise this is a very uplifting track! Looking forward to hear more from this act.

Gaspard - Vendetta kinda mood

One half of Yab-Yum ( Djgaspard ) is back with another offering. Yab-yum has been one of my fav night acts recently for the amazing atmosphere they create. The track starts of with some nice fx and filtered beats and phased percussion. Airy pads follow with really pure psychedelic sounds.Track progresses nicely with tribal drum samples. Then comes in a sample which goes like
" On the eve of evolution or evolution without dancing it says.."
The track progresses very nicely indeed with good sampling work and some nice tweaky synths and pads. at 4: 30 another nice synth is introduced followed by some good percussion and more amazing fx. he track continues with more mind bending tweaks.
This is pure psychedelic music. No nonsense. Nice one gaspard. Ive already begun to enjoy this cd!

Full Face - Earth alert

This is a new offering from one of Greece's new promising acts Full Face. Nice kick and bass to start of the track with few airy pads and quirky fx. The track is in full flow at 2 minutes with more interesting synths and sounds. At 3:30 very driving kick and bass is introduced filtering into something more playful. Haha!. Tht was very nice my friend. The track goes on full throttle after with some more interesting sounds. However, i feel tht some parts could have been better.
But hey, nice work indeed my friend! Lookin forward to hear more stuf from you.

Time Zero - Next Phase

Heavy revrbed and filtered kick and bass to start of the track and then comes in the kick and bass.Wow very powerful SA style eh!! accompanied by a nice intro lead and some nice pads. And then soon comes in another powerful lead. Accompanied by some nice leads
in the background. At 1:45 another lead is introdued and soon follows another sharp lead which just can turn any dancefloor into frenzy! Reminds me of Phyx!! A sample follows with another powerful lead ... and from then on its just pure twilight frenzy! Very uplifting and strong, the track progresses beautifully. At around 4 : 30 a 303 lead is introduced. I just love the way this track has progressed. The track moves on with more sharp guitar like synths .Banging track right from the word go! Very nice sound !Love it and my fav from this cd so far!

Sidhartha - Shamanic Rhythm

Here comes Sidhartha with his brand of trippy melody orientied-energetic-morning style. Filtered kick and bass,leads to start the track of. Soon kick and bass settle with a guitar synth pretty nicely done. The track moves on with some very nice fx and leads. Thos trademark early morning fx and leads settle in around at 3 minutes and from then on the track moves pretty smoothly. Breakdown at 4.oo. Slowly bulding up the tempo and the bassline changes with a nice trippy lead. This one works very nicely on the dancefloor and im sure will please any morning fan!

Hyper Synapse - Little Game

Track starts with a filtered sample. again very S.A style kick and bass and very sharp synths here fluttering around nicely. At around 3 minutes the break down is introduced. And in comes in another uplifting lead. It progresses well with some more sharp synths accompaniying it. Very strong leads here. At around 5: 30 the buildup starts and more sharp leads continue towards the end of the track. Very powerful track and very driving. Coincidentally, it sounds more like Azax vs Shift - how do u stop. It sounds pretty much modelled like tht. But nevertheless, banging track!

Delysid(feat. Brainhunters) - Freaks Dungeon

The mofos r back! And this time with Brainhunters.
Nice sampling to begin the track. Track starts with their trademark leads and breaks. At around 2 min a lead settles in and the track is in full flow by now. More leads, breaks follow. At around 4:15 the buildup starts with more heart stopping breaks and lot of filtering work. More leads continue towards the end. Their style is energetic for sure, but becoming predictable too. Dint like this one much. Ive heard better stuff from them.

To round it up, this cd has some real nice music aimed mainly at twilight hours. Sometimes minimal; driving and definitely psychedelic. It might not be having the biggest of names but it has a lot of new promising acts who have offered some great music here and they are some exciting future prospects. And very nice and clean mastering too by Sidhartha. This has been a very promising release from Northern Psylight. Looking forward to hear more.

Go grab this one guys! Its definitely worth the money!

Favorites : 2,3,4,5,6,8

Good luck!

BOOM!
          www.braindrop.in
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Oct 30, 2007 19:37
nice review for a killer cd. the time zero track is just wicked. hyper synapse certainly does recapture the 'how do u stop it' brand of madness. really like his stuff, looking forward to hear more from him. full face is putting out some interesting stuff, really like his more recent releases on va - 'its just music' as well. the sidhartha track is pretty intense, and double over for the random tune. the delysid tune is alright, pretty much the regular stuff from them, so nothing new there. overall though this is one hell of a cd with a number of good tunes . also worth mentioning are the evp n dark nebula tracks
b0mski,
angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Oct 30, 2007 20:18
Quote:

On 2007-10-30 18:40, UrbanPsySpirit wrote:
Established in Stavanger, Norway by Leif Erik Askeland (Former member of Trold) and Ketil Mardal in 2005. These guys set out to present the world to the real world of fantasy, of psychedelic trance and mind expanding music which by many feels lost and almost forgotten. They have their presence in the world of psychedelic trance for more then 15 years as DJ’s, musicians and party organizers in Norway as well as international psychedelic trance artists focusing on psychedelic full on.

Wow, didn't know they released a new album Thanks for the heads up UPS
The cover art looks beautiful as always http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=1054420

Btw. nice intro http://forum.isratrance.com/v-a-psylightxplosion-northern-psylight-records-2006/
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Oct 30, 2007 21:30
Quote:

On 2007-10-30 20:18, spytooned psytones wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-30 18:40, UrbanPsySpirit wrote:

Wow, didn't know they released a new album Thanks for the heads up UPS
The cover art looks beautiful as always http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=1054420

Btw. nice intro http://forum.isratrance.com/v-a-psylightxplosion-northern-psylight-records-2006/

i know ... i cldnt be more original .
Thnks for tht

Cheers man!
          www.braindrop.in
FULL FACE
Full Face

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 31, 2007 22:21
Very nice review from Sumith, thank you very much my friend!
Really interesting v.a, i like it very much, as a whole album and also my favourite tracks are 1,4,5,8!!!
A big thanks to northern psylight rec that put me into this lovely v.a and also a big thank to all these that bought the cd and with this way really support the scene...
Respect           v/a \"Keep it Surreal\" is OUT NOW from Pixan Recordings!

Full Face: In every place is OUT NOW from Pixan Recordings!
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Nov 1, 2007 12:17
is it second their release or i've missed smth?

Btw. nice intro

bwa-ha-ha

Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Nov 1, 2007 13:29
Full Face - Earth Alert
well done...           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
www.myspace.com/phasetech
Trold
Trold
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 1, 2007 17:54
A brilliant relace Flips and Kjetil!!!
U have managed to deliver once again a quality product!!!
Well done and good luck!

Time of illusion.
Http://trold.trance.net
http://www.myspace.com/troldmagic
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Nov 13, 2007 03:08
excellent release!
Fullface and Random is excellent !
          Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
mother_earth

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 26, 2007 21:46
We are really happy that two of our best friends (taor and full face) are into this lovely cd!!!
we are looking forward more releases from them...
good luck also to northern psylight rec for the upcoming releases!
boom
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Psylight Moments ( Northern Psylight Records ) 2007

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance