Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Psy Stories (Parvati Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Psy Stories (Parvati Records 2005) CD

mouka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 12, 2005 07:33
Great release, this cd is filled with crazy funky psychedelic music.

Mouka           www.ajana-records.com
www.trishula-records.com
ANiMA

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 13, 2005 02:52
Great!this a super power psychedelic cd of parvati!congratulations again parvati!
keep psychedelia

om shanti
boOm

lOve ~ balance ~ harmony ~ peace ~ unity ~ freedom ~ respect           We cannot be sure of having something to live for, unless we are willing to die for it.
Hasta la victoria siempe
SofiaX
SofiaX

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 13, 2005 15:32
Super Killer compilation Guisepe!
Specially Hokus Pokus,Jahbo,Derango and Grapes of Wrath Tracks are great!

Boom from Greece

---------

v/a Hasta Las Patillas >Discovalley Records
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Oct 13, 2005 18:14
thix must an awesome cd..and thix is a good review!           ...
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 13, 2005 22:24
oh yeah, i got this yesterday, yipeeeeeeeee! what a great cd, love it
my favorite track is Derango- The Arm wow, these guys don't stop with the deliciously twisted beautifully insane tracks
i also really really like the Snap Crackl & Pop and Kinjahjah--> KDD + Aarhus sound= the perfect combination of funky, twisted, & pure psychedelic madness...
thanks Parvati           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 14, 2005 20:09
This is just what I expected, hard night-time psytrance and I love it
Can't wait for the Derango album!
terrorist

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 15, 2005 05:28
i ordered it this week

heard samples of all track and thought they were great

cant wait
Noise Poison Records
Noise Poison Records

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Oct 15, 2005 11:08
u will not be dissappointed ... I swear !           I just came out, cause it seems there was a noise outside ! .... added to Parvati Records rooster .. check webside !!!
http://www.parvati-records.com
http://www.noise-poison.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj_ilse
kobi_palombo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Oct 15, 2005 14:03
Just finish to listen 2 this comp
i can say that the danish tracks amazinggg all like the old style maddd !! i love it !
track 5 by gow good work ! also the jahbo track and mussy and hokus tracks love them !
also the others and i must say that derango & gow puts there fuckingggggg great tracks !!!
PARVATI RECORDS RESPECT !

Boom Bolenat
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Oct 15, 2005 15:12
Psy Stories (Parvati)

I got some constructive points to expose (at least i hope they’ll).

Let’s bebin with the matching between the calling of the compilation & the cover’s design plus the musical content : i think to very good this name unfortunatly it doesn’t fit for me with the 2 elements pre-quoted.
I mean there’s some funny entertaining tracks nevertheless majort part are more connected with energyzed groovy-hypnotic & high twisted psychedelic productions (tracks 1, 2,3) than real psytrance stories telling to my neurons.
Generally i don’t focus that much on the design but here except the inside parts with tracklist & the fractal, the result is awful to my eyes, i don’t catch what it’s suposed to represented (jungle ?), & furthermore nothing matching with the Psystories concept.
That’s a pity coz by the past the parvati cover’s design used to be better.

Now focusing deeper on the music, i won’t repeat twice what i explain before, i’ll add that i frequently notice the tracks have wicked creative intros, creating great atmospheres, feelings but it stops here, as most of the artists aren’t able to keep going on it & evolving from this beginning , it’s the case here with track 2.

Exposing constructive points, means for me to tell & explain all aspects negative & postive ones.

I’ll give a counter example of all i just said extract from Psystories: Snap, Crackle & Pop – Where is Pop ?
That’s by far the best tune of this compilation, why ? It’s simple, all the constructive remarks i’ve made before, habe avoided here :
-it starts a way in which one it evolves & finishes,
-the creative ideas aren’t gathered only during the intro but scattered all along the track,
-it’s at the same time psychedelic, funny, entertaining & danceable.

And there’s something very specific from Parvati’s sound that you don’t find too much on others psylabels these recent days : they’re developping a own sound based on high twisted psychedelic sounds with colours & always with an happy feeling, so it’s THE proof that you aren’t obligatory forced to be dark if into Psyché sounds (too much darkpsy labels coming out these days).

I forgot something typical from Parvati’s sound : the strong tasty & powerful tones aspect from which you could be reluctant or addicted, one of the best illustration here is the Red i Jedeye – Mind Expansions, if you make some efforts the first time after you’ll only pray by this one, in this style you can add tracks 5,6&8. And concerning the Derango’s one, it’s more connected with the darkpsy side.

Otherwise but has some importance, the mastering is good (done by Drix).

Himalaya : 4
Second Altitudes : 6,8,9
Third Altitudes :5,7

7/10
scobbah
Kiriyama

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Oct 15, 2005 17:12
Allright people, here's my review originally posted at Mandarin.nu.

One thing though, wasn't it a thread about some "rules" when posting in the reviewsection? My memory pops something to me about that one shouldn't write "looking forward to hear this" in the review section but in the promotional section instead. What happen to this? But it doesn't really matter in this care, because everyone who is looking forward to hear this piece will for sure enjoy it.

Allright let's go people...

Danish funkadelics are once again the subject for dissertation and this time we're going out with the 10th (!) release from our neighbours in Aarhus. The disc's ingrediences are strongly dominated by danish origin but there are also elements of Russia (a huge bridge between Russia and Aarhus on track four and six), Greece and Sweden (the lads of Derango should have their full length album out in stores any day now, released by Inpsyde Media).

The artwork is carpentried by Zoolog and offers some oldschool fractalspirit, and the artwork is generally smooth and goes along well with the Parvati style. Enough talking, let's take a testride of the CD.

01 – Mussy Moody – Magnetic FX (08:16)
Psy Stories begins with Thy Trung behind the controllers and the first part of the track contains a few elements that moves my mind to the masterpiece 'Thorazine' by X-Dream by some reason. Here we get eight minutes in the Parvatisolarium and all Parvatifans should definitely recognize this and feel like home; twists and bleeps, digital playground and a good dose of psychedelics. The track makes the CD open in a good tempo and I actually think of old tracks by Jahbo at times when I hear this.

02 – Hokus Pokus – Zim Zalabim (07:59)
Hokus Pokus are Anders Eskildsen and Christian Kaas Andersen - a duo who's doing a cosy presentation of their music here. This track does well belong on a CD like this, and the tempo is a bit laidback while we are moving through creepy environments, surrounded by something that gives me a some kind of industrial feeling. This track really raises the flag of interest for future Hokus Pokus deliveries - keep an eye on this project ladies and gentlemen.

03 – Jahbo – Chronic Mnemonic (07:55)
Jahbo don't require a closer presentation. Funky, twisted and trippy just like we love to hear Jahbo rock. There are a few elements in this track whom I really connect well with and I do think that he has really succeded with creating a plot throughout the track with well organized elements who plays with each other and in total are creating a superb picture that really smells gunpowder by Jahbo. If you like Jahbo's previous stuff you will most likely wish to hear this track more times.

04 – Snap, Crackle & Pop – Where Is Pop? (07:13)
The fourth Parvatidose offers a constellation between Kindzadza and Grapes Of Wrath. The track's first part feels a bit more dominated by Kindzadza with aggressive leads in true Kindzadzastyle, and then it develops into a segment where it feels like the both projects are getting equally amount of space to freak out to. The later part feels a bit more playful and GoW-oriented, but I'm afraid it's not really the way I like to hear GoW (read my binary lips: Transmitting Raw Data ).

05 – Grapes Of Wrath – Goa Helvede Til (06:44)
Grapes Of Wrath keeps control and steer us onto track five, and this performance sounds a lot better than the previous track. Changing between funky and driving, lurking and surprising - just like we wish to hear it when GoW are in control of the music. This track are definitely one of the better I've heard from GoW in a long time, and they have really succeded with cradling the listener onto a trip who's completely nonpredictable. One can never know what is waiting around the next corner.

06 – KinJahJah – What Has Begun Cannot Be Stopped… (07:03)
Here Kindzadza and Jahbo meet up to together mess up your senses. The aggressive part of Kindzadza are uniting with Jahbo's funky surprises and playful soundgames. This ingredience are for sure one of the most tasteful ones so far on the CD - a goldmine for those who have a special liking about just Kindzadza and Aarhus stuff.

07 – Derango – The Arm (09:41)
It might look like localpatriotism are shining around me when I write these lines about Derango, but this track is unquestionably first class. Here we face fresh soundscapes, surprising moments and trippy manipulations on all senses. It is difficult describe a track like this, but one thing could be granted and that is that Derango tend to mess up for the listener in a positive way - always. One can never know where one's heading and it's kind of the same thing about GoW and the fifth track, but this is just one gear above all that. Loose yourself in Derangodance!

08 – Strangers - Moruka (06:44)
It turns into a bit of classic drive with track eight due to kind of straight basslines, aggressive leads and noncompromising breaks. This will definitely shake the dancefloor smooth, but it just doesn't sail all the way reaching the dock at my heart even though there are quite a bunch of elements that are good enough to experience a past midday in October like this one.

09 – Red I Jedeye – Mind Expansions (07:26)
The CD ends up with Stephanus Smit and I have to admit that the later part of this track are superior in comparison with the first one. The first part offers a good dose of twists and sweeps but after about three and a half minute into the track we're switching gears and it is time for a straight bassline and a driving groove. Also here there are a bunch of elements that I like, but I still have a hard time connecting with this track. The track are casted though and it rounds up the disc in a decent way.

Summary
I'm surrounded by a weak ambivalent covering when the CD reaches its end. The CD are for sure not bad at all and there's a bunch of candy here to experience and explore even though not all might be something I can connect with. This is a disc that definitely works equally good at home as on the dancefloor and in general I feel that I can "approve" this disc from the danish madnessfactory. I've read some reviews claiming that this would be the best CD so far from Parvati, but I don't agree with that statement at all. As I previously mentioned, I approve this release for sure but there is still better stuff out there from Parvati than this one.

Favorites: 2, 3, 6(!) and 7(!!).

More information:
http://www.parvati-records.com
           Aural transmissions from the deep forests of Sweden
www.dvsmrecords.org - 'Patterns II EP' by Silent Horror out now!
rajatrao2
Inactive User
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 16, 2005 11:50
Giuseppe man, smasher after smasher releasing... Quality night time music... Looking forward to hearing some more Snap Crackle Pop...also more Ohm Gnome where have they disappeared?
Rajat
Stregone
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 16, 2005 14:17
Smashing release from Parvati, really liked almost all tracks in here, exceptional quality and psychedelic impact

And me too I would love some more from Ohm Gnome, was my preferred in last parvati VA
gaspard
Yab Yum

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Oct 17, 2005 16:30
been listening to this release solidly for a couple of days now and the stand out tracks are IMO , jahbo, snap crackle and pop, gow, kinjahjah and derango. these really do it for me in a big way!

all the best
          Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
krokolv

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 18, 2005 21:37
This compilation is awesome , although the first two tracks are a little bit too slow . Kinjahjah track really blast it all (well I didn't expect less from this two artists). Congratulations for parvatti, who's releases I think are always with great quality.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Psy Stories (Parvati Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance