Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Private Lesson (Drive Records 2007)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Private Lesson (Drive Records 2007)

Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jun 1, 2007 18:23
Compilation: Private Lesson
Released: May 2007
Label: Drive Records
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/dri1cd003_b.jpg

Tracklist:
1. Sub 6- Pounding (Loud RMX)
2. Panic- Inc Soc (Live Edit)
3. Cosma vs. O.M.C- Keep Your Mind (O.M.C RMX)
4. Psysex- Dominatrix (Loud Vs. Goblin RMX)
5. Loud- Tiny Noize Point (Live Edit)
6. Black & White- Yoki
7. Insomnia- Internal Voice
8. Elegant Universe Vs. Plastic Pimps- Music (Smoked to the Bone)
9. Unoccupied- Basic Conversation

Loud- The Edge (Bonus CD)
1. The Edge
2. Next
3. Beautiful Day (Dub mix)

V/A Private Lesson- compiled by Loud

For those who somehow missed their debut album, Some Kind of Creativity, Loud are Kobi Toledano and Eitan Reiter from Israel, 2 talented guys who have managed to break into the psytrance headlines in a relatively short time, not because of a massive public relations campaign, but because of simply having refreshing music, and being serious and dedicated in their attitude.
This is Drive Records’ 3rd release, and the first compilation by Loud. It includes a bonus cd with 3 tracks by Loud, The Edge.
I checked it out, and this is my impression:

1. Sub 6- Pounding (Loud RMX)
I was never a big fan of Sub 6 (though I appreciate their ideas), and frankly I don’t remember the original track (on V/A Nu clear Visions of Israel), but this remix is a good kick off, and I like the build up, the old school leads and the surprising bass line at minute 4:04. Nice one.

2. Panic- Inc Soc (Live Edit)
In general, Panic’s last album was great, but this track is less. I find it too “happy” for me, as a more night oriented trance fan.

3. Cosma Vs. O.M.C- Keep Your Mind (O.M.C RMX)
The track starts with a sample in the spirit of Cosma (“Just Keep Your Mind Open”), and continues pretty nicely, but the break on 6:04 is a bit cheesy and I can’t connect to it.

4. Psysex- Dominatrix (Loud Vs. Goblin RMX)
The original track by Psysex was a big hit when it was released and is still a standout track. I believe the remix made by Loud and Goblin is also going to be a hit. Good job here with the effects, the drums part and what follows it: a Goa lead that leaves me with a taste for more stuff in this direction.

5. Loud- Tiny Noize Point (Live Edit)
When it comes to Vocals, i’m really strict: No Vocals in my Psytrance, unless, for instance, it’s an Indian authentic singing, or filtered in “Show me Some Kind of Creativity” style (from the track Sabinya). For me, it’s just takes out all of the psychedelic essence. This track is no exception, and when the woman start singing on 3:07 and again in the end, i can’t get jiggy with it.

6. Black & White- Yoki
And what do we have here? A pleasant surprise by Samuel & Yaniv, who deliver us a powerful morning track (from 2004), with a riding bass line, beautiful melodies and again- that oldschool atmosphere that I really miss sometimes. One of my favorites here.

7. Insomnia- Internal Voice
Like the previous track, this one is also a very pounding track. The melodies here are minimal and less evolving, yet powerful, and the bass line is also very strong. I guess we have here another dance floor hit.

8. Elegant Universe Vs. Plastic Pimps- Music (Smoked to The Bone)
This is the phase where the Loud guys are bringing it down a bit with the BPM, and choosing to put a track in the electro-house direction. And since it’s not Psytrance, i don’t have any problems with the vocals. A nice and more relaxed track, that would fit well to an outdoor afternoon session. We’re probably going to hear more from the names behind this track in the future.

9. Unoccupied- Basic Conversation
Unoccupied are Nadav Katz & Eitan Reiter, a half of Loud. They are wrapping it up with an amazing track, kinda electro-ish with 70’s/80’s robot vocals, beautiful guitar role, and overall feeling of something really good. I can think of Beck and other Electronica influences, and I like it. Excellent!

Loud- The Edge

1. The Edge
Here Loud are going in a more progressive, even electroish track. It is a successful hybrid of today’s popular genres, progressive with electro and psy. In 136 BPM, this is slower than Loud’s previous tracks but it goes in a direction I like. Nice floating melodies. Versatile and interesting track.

2. Next
Faster then the 1st track, Next still has electro influences, but on minute 3:58 it changes into 2 minutes of pure enjoyment: again, as it reflected here, the goa trance influences and the floating melodies are prominent in Loud’s music, and i love it!

3. Beautiful day (Dub Mix)

A chill out track in a dub style is closing this CD. A filtered human voice, different effects and pads that i like, make it another good track.

Summary:
Keeping in mind that I usually don’t listen to this kind of music at home (as mentioned before, I like more night music and minor scales), I still find Private Lesson a worthy buy, and I think that everyone can find here something he will like. (Morning music lovers, you should definitely go get it).
So far, Loud have kept the high level of production and creativity that they had in previous releases, and I predict they will continue this way. The Bonus CD, The Edge, is at least as interesting as the compilation itself. It shows the exploration that Loud do with the different genres of electronic music. They are not afraid of combining it together, and honestly- they do it quite well.
Favorites: 1, 4, 6(!), 7, 8, 9 (!).
The Edge: 1, 2 (!), 3.
Samples:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dri/dri1cd003.html
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6559
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jun 1, 2007 20:06
track nr4 made me very curies about this compilation, and when i heard it, as a big lover of the orginal track it was really good acctually.. kinda as i tought i would be.. great jobb on that one.. hardcore blastoff is one of the best album i heard till today..
Louds sound is nice, i like alot of what they do and this compilation is great but has some lacking moments.. to much fullonish sometimes and less psychedelic. But for sure i will continue keep and eye on loud music.. great jobb on the extra cd also.. nice dub mix..

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
leandromorales
Demonizz/Duophonix

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 1, 2007 23:20
Cosma forever           ========= DemonizZ and DuoPhonix =========

----www.demonizz.com----
www.myspace.com/demonizz
------------------------------------------
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jun 2, 2007 11:35
good review fro a GR8 Compilation           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Kidpsy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 3, 2007 01:56
Loud is the sound of future !!

killer Compilation !
Kidpsy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 3, 2007 02:12
why Loud- Tiny Noize Point(Live Edit)

Why live edit ? if this is the firt Tiny Noize ??
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jun 3, 2007 03:09
Quote:

On 2007-06-03 02:12, Kidpsy wrote:

i never got the point of those live edit live remixes.. i think its just a way to make it sounds cooler =)

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jun 4, 2007 21:44
i think its just a way to make it sounds cooler =)

nice one.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
kobi-(LOUD)
Chain Reaction

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jun 5, 2007 13:45
Quote:

On 2007-06-03 02:12, Kidpsy wrote:

this is not the original version the original version got released in skykey records in 2005 and its like sooo different from this version ...
Osho
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jun 5, 2007 22:47
Great compilation from Loud! I realy loved the remix to Sub 6, also i must say i realy had good time over the spirit base festival from their set, thos guys bring something new and its fun to hear something fresh at last from the psy trance scence. Keep the good work guys!           Progress In Music!
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jun 9, 2007 13:29
Loud - Next is a fucking huge track. I was listening to the samples on saikosounds and instantly recalled it from when I saw them live a few months ago, when it absolutely destroyed the dancefloor. Love the bass and melodies in it..
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jun 16, 2007 11:27
My Hebreview:

http://www.layla.co.il/ContentView/ContentView.aspx?cimid=104501&cid=116           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Opus (Eli)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jun 16, 2007 15:25
intresting compilation by loud ! good quilty on there

sound,fresh tunes and really something diffrent from

what we have hear in the last 2 years!

good work guys !

opus(senka tribe)           "The harmony between heart and soul is the divine...
the divine trance".
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Private Lesson (Drive Records 2007)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance