Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - New Perspective [Spintwist Records 2007]
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - New Perspective [Spintwist Records 2007]

Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Mar 1, 2008 08:36:56
V/A - New Perspective [Spintwist Records 2007]

Reviewed by Basilisk. Originally posted at Ektoplazm:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/reviews/new-perspective/

01 :: DJ Martin - Silent Of True (6:59)
02 :: Liquid Soul - Born In A New World (Deep Mix) (8:29)
03 :: Vibrasphere - Floating Free (Vaishiyas Remix) (7:41)
04 :: Manuel Duego - Flamenco (7:10)
05 :: Lunaspice - Remember It (8:57)
06 :: Motion Drive - Deep Throat (8:37)
07 :: Blackout - In Joy (2007 Mix) (8:56)
08 :: Symphonix - Disagree (8:05)
09 :: NA-T - Feel The Night (7:24)

New Perspective is a progressive psytrance CD featuring nine tracks compiled by the Israeli producer Blackout. As with many other releases from Spintwist Records, New Perspective focuses on the festival-friendly side of progressive psytrance. This style is marked by fat rhythms, silky melodies, and an occasional use of vocals. There is no specific concept at work here—this is merely a collection of solid tunes designed for the dance floor. As a result, this release is much more likely to interest working DJs rather than home listeners.

DJ Martin AKA Mikrokosmos produces progressive psytrance in a style similar to that of Liquid Soul, his partner in the Earsugar project. Silent Of True (sic) is a fairly ordinary example of the style: thick synthetic beats and glistening melodies slide around with a casual kind of confidence. It serves as a fair introduction to the style of the compilation.

The “deep mix” of Liquid Soul’s Born In A New World barely differs from the original 2005 version released on Tshitraka Project 2005. Many elements have been drowned in additional delay and reverb—especially the prominent spoken word vocals. The sound quality is slightly improved but that’s about it. Those who liked the original will probably like this as well.

Vibrasphere’s Floating Free has also been remixed many times—more than eight at the last count. Vaishiyas puts their own spin on this modern club classic without deviating very far from the original. These smooth progressive beats will work a little magic on receptive dance floors even if the vocal sample is a little played out by now. Adequate set filler.

Manuel Duego impressed me with his release on Daily Basis and Flamenco is even better. Duego effortlessly establishes an irresistible groove with the use of an incredibly catchy bass line. The shimmering lustre of soft atmospheric sounds envelopes the rhythm in a blissful haze; silky-smooth melodies unfold with exceptional ease. Once again Duego has worked within the progressive psytrance formula and come up with something special. Excellent!

Very little has been heard from the French duo Luna Spice since their debut album Reflexion was released back in 2004. In the intervening years Matthieu Delepau has been focusing on his D.Sens side project, but it now seems as if he is devoting more time to the psychedelic side of the craft. Remember It is just as one would expect: deep, tribal, and immaculately produced. The attention to detail and sheer technical quality of this piece is enough to raise it above the rest. I will even forgive the use of a sample from The Matrix Reloaded—somehow it really fits! Nice work.

The Swiss act Motion Drive delivers another strong showing with Deep Throat. This was the song that convinced me to buy the compilation. The pristine melodies and powerful driving rhythms are incredibly smooth and serene. In some ways this is a deeper and more reserved exploration of the same territory Ticon were mapping out with Rip It Up, one of my favourites from their landmark album Zero Six After. An instant favourite!

Blackout’s In Joy is loaded with big chunky beats and massive crowd-pleasing climaxes. There is a clear connection with the electro house style of D-Nox & Beckers but this uniquely Israeli approach is tougher and a little more stripped down. Pure party music!

The Woetanowski brothers have released a lot of music in 2007 as True Lies and Symphonix—two albums and more than a dozen singles. Disagree is much like any other tune from them with the addition of some clubby male vocals. It is professionally produced but not really my style.

New Perspective comes to a close with Feel The Night, the debut release from NA-T (Nati Danon). The groove is sweet but there is something unpleasant going on with those raspy hi-hats. It ends up sounding somewhat cheap.

New Perspective is a decent compilation for the style. Manuel Duego, Motion Drive, and Luna Spice provide a trio of excellent offerings that every one should hear. Most of the other tunes work well enough despite a few dull moments here and there. DJs working with this kind of progressive psytrance might wish to add this compilation to their collection.

Favourites: 4(!), 5, 6(!)

Links and other goodies can be found here:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/reviews/new-perspective/
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 13:49
Lovely compilation from Spintwist.

My favorite one is track number 8 Symphonix - Disagree. This one is a proggy gift to all groove fans.

Keep it up Hannes and all the label crew.
Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Mar 3, 2008 22:59
track 9 all the way!
also motion drive are amazing

way to go Spintwist!
thanks Hannes for a great cd
Astral699
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Mar 13, 2008 21:01
Excelent compilation as always from spintwist records.
I like all the tracks with Motion Drive's Deep Throat on lead.
Is it me or this tracks has a lot in common with X-Dream - Zabra ?

Deep Throat is one of the tracks you can't forget. Tune that makes your day
jos
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 14, 2008 18:03
First of all I have to say:
Very good Compilation, it massive, unique and groovy.
a little bit different from what we see usually from spintwist and it’s seems that
New ''doors'' opened for this label.
Hear it a lot played in different sets and it fit for anytime as long as the dancefloor
Is full (do well job).
Great open with '' DJ Martin - Silent Of True'' go on nicely with the deep mix
Of liquid soul for ‘‘born in anew world’’, climb wonderful with the rest:
Vibrasphere (Vaishiyas Remix), Manuel Duego, Lunaspice, Motion Drive,
Blackout, Symphonix and slowly ended drop by na-t.

Great concept!
Well done! Blackout & spintwist

Boom!
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : May 15, 2008 19:44
Excelent indeed.

Favorites: 2 (!!) and 8(!)
Phanatic
Phanatic

Started Topics :  58
Posted : May 17, 2008 00:35
ive been listen to this peace of art .. and liked it alot .. 2 , 7 , 9 are my fav ..

blackout made a good work overhere!

cheers
Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : May 18, 2008 15:29
i still like deep throat very much, it posseses amazing energy!           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
www.myspace.com/phasetech
Osho
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jun 14, 2008 14:29
Great compilation that was compiled by talented guys
This compilation is one of the best for me from Spin Twist Records.
Favorite tracks DJ Martin, Blackout, Manuel Duego, and Motion Drive
Cheers!
          Progress In Music!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - New Perspective [Spintwist Records 2007]

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance