Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. New Frontiers, (USTA, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A. New Frontiers, (USTA, 2001)

___bagakid
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 7, 2001 10:46:44
New Frontiers - Compiled by DJ Gidi Hovek Olam (USTA , 2001)

1. Psycraft- West Side 7:38
2. Alien Project feat. DJ Gidi- Beatwins UFO 7:04
3. Boiling Point- Tenis Bahalal 7:52
4. Lish- Green Show 7:32
5. Inoxia- Deceiver 8:16
6. Human Blue- Moods 9:01
7. BLT feat. DJ Gidi- Purple Lotus 7:29
8. PPS Project feat. DJ Gidi- Aquarium 6:49
9. Sesto Sento- Soap Bubbles 7:46

DJ Gidi gives us his second release - New Frontiers. The first one - Voojoo Rituals, was
an excellent compilation of party hits and dancefloor tunes, Israeli full on at its best. The second one is no less, but this time, he explores a slightly different direction. He's hosting a lot of new artists,
collaborating with some, switching between powerful night music, and groovy techno realms, and even flying to Scando land. Lets dive in to see what we find along the way -

(T1)Psycraft open the disc with a very impressive track. They have really gone places musically since their album on Hommega earlier this year. 'Westside' is a great morning track, and one of the best they have done yet -
upward and onwards!

(T2) Alien Project is next with the first of 3 collaborations from Gidi. This is my favourite on the CD-
Powerful night music, somewhere between Astral Projection and Domestic, a full on piece that will send people flying all over the dancefloor. And oh, that buildup rocks!

(T3) Next up, Boiling Point, the first of a string of new artists on this CD, gives us 'Tennis Bahalal'. Literally meaning
Tennis in Outer space, its a scratchy-catchy full power night tune with lots of fx jumping around in your stereo. Nice one.

(T4) Lish, who've frequented most of the USTA compilations this year, as well as Top 10's of DJ's around the world, give us yet another taste of their Israeli Swedish sound.'Green Show'is an excellent track. I think these two Bat-yamins are very talented and we have a lot to wait for,with their album still due on USTA.

(T5) Inoxia - Deceiver, serves up a stomping night tune. This is the point where the cd changes from the full on to the
more bouncy hard technoidic sounds. It starts off well, but gets lots half way through. The result is an OK track, which I can see working in parties, but as a track alone fails to hit the spot.

(T6) Gidi has served up 5 Israeli smashers, and now he decides to leave sunny Israel and visit the Scando frontiers  - Human blue with a caressing hypnotic track, serving as a soothing interval between the karahana. Amazing early morning tune, my second favorite here!

(T7) Back to the Holyland, Gidi has a serious encounter with Yuli Fershat, doing exactly what Mr. BLT does best -
making your butt groove! This track is like going to electronic disneyland with lots of jumping up and down on those rides, with BLT and Gidi controlling transmission - enjoy yourself, but watch for those turns!

(T8) PPS Project, another new act from Israel, collaborates with Gidi in the last of the three tracks he is involved with on the disc.
A full on technoidic track.I like it.

(T9) Sesto Sento are Matan, Aviram, and Itai, three young guys from Afula, Israel. The Cd closes with the beautiful morningpeice 'soap bubbles',
a full on emotional track sure to send people flying in the mornings.Itai first played it to me in the summer, and I've been enjoying it ever since. Theres a lot to wait for from these guys,I can promise that to you all!

Bottomline : A very good listening experience. The CD does not really find New Frontiers in Trance, but it gives us an excellent taste of music from a talented lot of new artists. Nice one Gidi!!

Favourites - (1!), (2!!), 4, 6(!), 7, (9!)
___luizparreiras
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 7, 2001 13:04:38
Great Review, bro!
I kinda agree with u, tho i didn't really like Ari's trak with Gidi.
My favs are: Psycraft (they are doing it for me with almost every trak they make) and Human Blue (can't wait for his new album).
cheers!
;-)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. New Frontiers, (USTA, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance