Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Motion Sensor ( Sonic Motion Records ) CD 2007
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A Motion Sensor ( Sonic Motion Records ) CD 2007

Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 06:25
Sonic Motion Records is a label based in France owned by renowned DJ Atyss. The sonic motion concept is one that enhances audio visual experience. Here they are with their second release. Lets dig it

Tracklist

1. Atyss - Epsilon

The opening track starts off with some nice eerie fx and quickly starts off with the a groovy bassline. Good percussion and teasing fx follow nicely along with the track. A minute and half down a very melodius lead is introduced followed by a groovy lead and some nice airy pads. Further on the lead comes on and carries on towards th end with some nice simple fx. Its not often that one hears something like this. And it gives me more curiosity as to what more the cd has to offer. Nice opener.

2. Phonic Request vs Principles of Flight - French Mad cook

Wat do u get if u bring in 2 predominantly night acts together to create track?More Mayhem??Hell no! More Full-on!!! I cannot beleive an act who has been on a Parvati V.a can be capable of makin such music and as for P.O.F i have heard their music before and they some good talent as well. This, with all due respect, has been way below my expectation!

3. Abomination Vs Outer Signal

Israeli stars Abomination and risng israeli star Outer signal come up with the trooper. Simple intro with some airy pads and nice filtered beats. In comes the kick and nexus style bassline and nice intelligent leads all along the track. Further on, the track progresses on with good filtering work and some nice uplifting leads. Good twilight track.

4. Noisy Pipes - Chox

Nicolas Zappa aka Noisy pipes brings us the next track. True to the artist name the sounds in this track are like sounds coming out of some hollow pipe with things thrown inside. Really strong basslines, eerie fx,strange atmos. The first breakdown comes in early and just comes back with a varying bassline and again some kool and unsual fx. towards the later stages of the track the 2nd breakdown comes and in comes some real crazy fx and then an interesting lead comes in and continues on towards th end. Very nice work here indeed. Really enjoyed this track and so far the hardest hittin track on this compilation.

5. Atyss - T virus

Atyss comes back with another track. Track opens with an old skool style pad; nice drum pattern follows with a strange sounding saw lead. The kick and drums settles in and some real nice percussion goes along with the track. slowly another lead creeps in before it sets in compeltely. Now this lead is quite catchy. Slowly lil further on when the trck goes on a more full note.... the lead comes back in again this time with some teasing melodies. This track is deep, driving and very well crafted. A very fresh sound. good stuff!

Triskell - Yasse

Triskell is turning out to be one of my current fav acts now.Why wld i say that?? You have to listen to this track. Starts with some nice kool atmos nice samples and good tribal drums. It progresses and suddemlly his trade mark kick and bass come in with nice swirling pads followed by a very gorovy lead tht can shake any person! Further on into the track nice filtered beats follow into another beautifully nticing lead. U just feel like sitting and just simply feel like closing ur eyes and trip on the music. It has such great feel.
Beautiful twilight track!!!

7. Digital Talk - Building Senses

The French trance masters and also one of my all time fav act come up with heir brand of srong rhythmic psytrance upon layered sounds. the track starts a lil full-on ish, but it just keeps evolving . It progresses beautifully into more fx,soundscapes etc. The bassline kidna reminds of some tracks i listened to way back in '02-'03. But def. good strong intelligent and uplifting sounds presented here. Good work DT. cant wait to hear hear ur stuff with Mindcore ! Good luck with that.

8. Deeper in Zen - Awareness

Deeper in zen has been around for quite sometime inthe industry and is also truly one of the best around in the industry. Having earlier released a superb album on Soular Records, they come with a new track which is highly intense and shows us how to make a capability of his msuic to reach to the inner depths of the human psyche. Brillisnt!

9. AodioBoa - Mounpierz,

Aodioboa ia chillout project of Andreas Oehl. This is a nice chill out trak to end the compilation after the sonic mayhem created by the above wizards

10. And last is an exclusive audio visual experience by teratone Vision and Sonic motion. this can be accssed only if u buy the cd as it gives u the link and the log details. Id love to share it with you folks but im quite sure tht wdnt make Atyss too happy

There are certain tracks which are desgined to make u dance and there are some which are to make u think. this falls on the latter category. This is more preferred for home listening. Just sit back put in the cd and relax and it will take u on a journey. And not forget to ensure tht, mastering is done by Tim Schuldt @ 4CN Studios.

Favorites : 3,4,5,6,7,8,

Enjoy!           www.braindrop.in
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 16:16
nice review for a nice cd . really liked the digital talk, n triskell tracks. the atyss and noisy pipes tracks are interesting. i didnt like the phonic request n p.o.f track too much for some reason... but maybe it will grow on me. triskell's style sounds alot like phatmatix, maybe not as demented but surely getting there. looking forward to future releases from him. the abomination n outer signal track was alright, kind of expected more from a collaberation like this. overall though good cd for sure. b00m to atyss and the artists involved
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Sandy Klaus
Noisy Pipes

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 3, 2007 19:09
wow! Thank you very much for the reviews.

Noisy Pipes - http://www.myspace.com/noisypipes
black_cat

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 7, 2007 11:46
noisy pipes track is one of the best tracks i heard in a while - works beautifully on a dancefloor ... also triskell and deeper in zen tracks are great

thanks

gyrro
Phonic_Request
Phonic Request

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 12, 2007 12:44
A poil Nicooooooooooooo !!!!

AHahaha
projekt^ufo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 13, 2007 13:08
oh yea the cd looks great.. have not given a detailed listening to my copy but from the review looks like a treat.
gr8 review for such good release.
BOM! BOM!           -=DIGITAL OM PRODUCTIONS=-
=-MOUNTAIN MADNESS NEPAL-=
>< we follow and preach ><
--=UNIVERSAL RELIGION=--
http://www.urnepal.com | http://www.digitalomproductions.com
sonicmotionrecords
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Nov 26, 2007 17:27
hi
thanks for the support & speacial thanks to urban spirit your review is really cool & details!!!

thanks

see you on the trance floor
Boooooooom           www.sonicmotionrecords.com
www.myspace.com/sonicmotionrecords
www.myspace.com/atyss
fairystel

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 30, 2007 22:46
killer tracks
Nico roxxxx           ¯¨´*·~-.¸¸,.-~*´¨I'm a party girl in a party world...made in Hackney.|.<(+_+)>.|/.
http://www.myspace.com/fairystel
Sandy Klaus
Noisy Pipes

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jan 24, 2008 17:47
just a quick post to tell about this new shop that's selling the compilation

www.goatracks.com

special Sonic Motion page: http://alex.goatracks.club.fr:80/newslettersonic.html

thanks again for the comments.           Noisy Pipes - http://www.myspace.com/noisypipes
projekt^ufo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jan 31, 2008 08:34
killah Va noisy pipes,atyss,abomination & digital talk
          -=DIGITAL OM PRODUCTIONS=-
=-MOUNTAIN MADNESS NEPAL-=
>< we follow and preach ><
--=UNIVERSAL RELIGION=--
http://www.urnepal.com | http://www.digitalomproductions.com
leandromorales
Demonizz/Duophonix

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jan 31, 2008 18:43
hooo loveee it
excelent comp

digital talk is very nice
i liked all           ========= DemonizZ and DuoPhonix =========

----www.demonizz.com----
www.myspace.com/demonizz
------------------------------------------
Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Jun 16, 2008 14:04
Title: Motion Sensor
Artist: Various
Label: Sonic Motion Records
Release: June, 2007

Track Listing:

01. Atyss – Epsilon (5:13)
02. Phonic Request vs. Principles of Flight – French Mad Cook (7:05)
03. Abomination vs. Outer Signal – The Trooper (7:59)
04. Noisy Pipes – Chox (7:29)
05. Atyss – T Virus (6:50)
06. Triskell – Yasse (9:12)
07. Digital Talk – Building Senses (8:08)
08. Deeper In Zen – Awareness (7:20)
09. Aodioboa – Mounpiersz (7:53)

Sonic Motion Records from France brings us Motion Sensor compiled by Atyss. He is an artist that also runs the label. That’s all I’ve got. Once again I was snookered by the cover. Pretty ain’t it? I chose this one to review because a few acts I fancy are in it obviously. Did I mention the cover was pretty? I’ll be honest here, I got a pizza coming in about 20 minutes, so I’m more about the pepperoni than the music right now. I’ll be back later to give you the scoop on this pretty compilation. Let’s get to it…after pizza.

Atyss – Epsilon- This track has a full on bass line and various psy sounds which create a very modern feel. The break at 2’30” is nice with a staggering lead and eerie strings. It bounces along nicely, but it is a short track so I can’t say a whole lot about it. Nice start though.

Phonic Request vs. Principles of Flight – French Mad Cook- This makes me think of the movie Ratatouille. Didya see that one? Cute. Wilfried has put out a bunch of tracks and POF released an album Night Time Lullabies that I haven’t heard yet. I wasn’t too impressed with this one. There isn’t a whole lot going on and sounds like average full-on to me.

Abomination vs. Outer Signal – The Trooper- I likes me some Abomination and tracks from Outer Signal have caught my attention. It begins with a sharp bass line and a gloomy atmosphere. The acid comes in amid rising strings right to the break. It’s a short break as we are rising again and the lead melody afterward is nice and dirty. I feel it could’ve had more power but a very good track nonetheless.

Noisy Pipes – Chox- I believe this is a dark psy artist and anyone who has a track titled ”Noisy Creepy Crap” is ok in my book! The bass line is hard and the mood is assuredly dark, like walking through a haunted house. A metallic lead enters late and shuffles along with the creepy vibe. And that’s pretty much how it goes. Good track!

Atyss – T Virus- “Nothing…ever…changes.” Mr Atyss again, with some thick leads just before a bass line rambles in. With various percussive elements and slight synths this thing slams! I love the sample and some creepy child talking about experiments. I’m sure I’ve seen the movie but they tend to run together after awhile. This guy brings some acid of his own to create a nice, dark groove. Nice work!

Triskell – Yasse- I was a little late on the Triskell train but I’m all aboard now. This one starts with a “alone” type feeling, having a ringing gong. It’s not long until the bass comes in and a funky lead dances about the track. The break has some nice percussive touches that continue. As the track progresses, sounds melt together in a wonderful cacophony of sound! Outstanding track with plenty of atmosphere and danceability!
Digital Talk – Building Senses- “We have made in secret several technological advances.” I like a lot of other folks have been waiting for their 2nd album with great anticipation. Still waiting. The bass line creates a funky groove with a short chirpy lead. As more leads join the fray, the funkometer is off the charts! If this is the direction that their music is going sign me up! This is a ripping tack!

Deeper In Zen – Awareness- I recently reviewed their latest effort Silence and this one wastes no time with the rhythm. Industrial pads sound ominously against the shuffling bass line. The dark mood is maintained as the melancholy melody weaves amidst laser shots. This is another cracker of a track. This comp sure has built up some powerful momentum. See that…that’s half the pizza uneaten.

Aodioboa – Mounpiersz- Ok right of the bat this is a grammatical mess. I have no idea how to pronounce the artist or the tack. This one starts off quite mellow with synth pads and an underlying percussive beat. The sting melody comes from far away and is haunting as is the pipe lead. This is a dark Downtempo track that is very tasty and a nice way to end.

Summary: Wow, I am very impressed with this compilation. It is dark but not mindlessly so. There are plenty of melodies here to enjoy, but that sense of isolation is maintained throughout the tracks. There have been quite a lot of releases as of late that just go through the motions, but this is not one of them. The tracks are all well produced and go deeper than the 4/4 kick and bass line with the hi-hats on the 2 beat. This collection entranced me, so much so that I have to put the pizza back in the oven. I swear the guy who brought me this mess took a slice. 8.5/10

Mdk
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Motion Sensor ( Sonic Motion Records ) CD 2007

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance