01 Zirkin & Rev - Phony Call
02 Blanka - Same same but different
03 Zirkin - Coming back (rmx)
04 Kopsess - Empty handed
05 Bonky - Lysergic
06 Dissociactive - Fabrikikoz
07 Mechanix - The Kid
08 Rev - Kooky

New release by Doof records, and this one will go down in my books as one of doof's finest releases to date. The telaviv based crew, brings us a powerfull piece of night time psychedelia, that'le make you dig 'till ya drop!

We kick things off with the twisted "phoney call", by Zirkin & Rev. A really dark piece of work, with a stompin' bassline & Kick, wich comes bursting out of the speakers to mess with ya mind & body. This track is 100% forest flavoured - Indeed a promising start for an Xplosive CD.

Next up is Blanka with "Same Same but Different". Different? indeed it is! This Dinamic Duo brings us a completely original style of nightish music, filled with crazy pads & fx work. The great percussions and scratchy sounds, give this track an extra dimention, and the voice sample at 03:45 is a perfect buildup for the second part of this sci-fi piece of music.

Track 3 is a remix of Zirkin's "Coming Back". [The original track appeared in doof's 2003 release, "Zirkin Dance Show"]. Anyhow, the new version is given new power and drive by Shahar, who has completey flipped this track arround by changing the bassline from the original version. The new bassline is rollin' & pumpin', and threads of electricity go panning from left to right all through the track. Bombshell!

Now we reach one of the highlights of this trippin' journey, with the latest track by recently split duo, Kopsses. "Empty Handed" has a technoish feel to it, yet manages to stay completley psychedelic and stays well away from monotonous and repetitive techno formula's. But the one thing that really drove me insane while listening to this track, was the screaming sounds which are just sooo perfect for the dark hours.

After the thrillng opening half of the CD, the next two tracks on the list are a bit of a downfall. First, "Lysergic" by the recently deceased Bonky. This number starts with a funny sample of something wich sounds like a country song. Abit wacky In my humble opinion. From There on the track just gets crazier & crazier, with wierd noises flying all over the place.
Sounds to me like bonky spent some time in finland before writing this track. Anyway, this one is a little bit to scribbled and mixed up imo. Not my taste...

After that, comes the first track of a promising russian dou - Dissociactive. The track, "Fabrikikoz", is a high tempo morning tune, with a very fast bassline. Sounds very Israeli at first, but the russian influences can be heared quite clearly. Nice squeeky scratches enter around the 03:00 minute mark, something which really makes your feet move, but somehow this morning tune doesn't seem to fit in such a dark compilation.

Next tune is pure night time music - great for doin' abit of the old swamp stompin'! Mechanix [Eldad Ben Ezry], presents us with a real heavy track, whith a phat bass that won't let you rest for a second. Bassline changes after 01:40, to give this baby a more bouncey feel. Definatly dancefloor material. Anyway, watch out for Mechanix, who's debut album, "Illegal Dance" [which will be released soon on Doof records], is sure to cause some sirious dancefloor damage!

Last but definatly not least, is "Kooky" by Rev. A spaced out intro, leads us into a driving rythem, with an african voice sample giving it a tribal feel. After a couple of minutes a wicked synth kicks in, and moves us slowly but surely into a morning groove. A fine track which gives perfect closure for a great release by Doof.

Overall, this is one hell of a release - Those of you who dig the darker hours, will definatly appreciate this fine comp. 9/10!

BoM Doof!           MiniMAL cabron...
Osho
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Oct 1, 2003 16:17
it's a very nice compilation from doof rec'.
i liked very much from that cd :
Kopsess - Empty handed .
very power full track.

Munchie
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  109
Posted : Oct 1, 2003 20:31
Indeed, Kopsses track is one the best tracks on the CD...           MiniMAL cabron...
fanta2000

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 2, 2003 00:38
i've been listening to this comp or the last week and it pushes all the right buttons. dark and psychedelic with an evil drive. i heard the blanka track in voov festivalbut only realized it when i got the cd, these boys are good, can't wait for their album. the kopsses track is wicked, with a techno feel but without getting boring. i agree with munchie, the scream is briliant. the mechanix track is his darkest yet, and it really picks up when the baseline changes, good work.
disociactive sound very good. who are they? its a israeli full on track but in a dark and psychedelic disguise. i would enjoy it on the dance floor if it was slower...
the zirkin remix is an excelent dig moover and even better if you know the original.
about the bonky track... i can imagine rare moments where this track can drive me frantic i love how bonky builds his tunes, one good one with this one will make it worth it. what? guess its time to go.
a must have compilation for the night trippers
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Oct 2, 2003 09:31
All tracks are simply excellent. So dark and powerful. Doof style.
I love this label music so much!           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
lunafix

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 7, 2003 15:45
wow what music
just finished hearing it for the second time and its one of the best this year, i hope this is where psy is going because then we are up for a very dark and interesting winter...
when i get a cd where i can play 3 tracks in my set i feel i got my moneys worth, here i can play 6-8 tracks so i guess that says it all.
fanta2000

Posted : Oct 14, 2003 17:23
can enyone give info about dissociactive?
i loved their track on this comp and cant find enything about them.
and another thing is the sample on their track i'm sure i herd it before, can someone tell me where?
Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Oct 15, 2003 11:38
Quote:

On 2003-10-02 09:31, RaverGirl wrote:
All tracks are simply excellent. So dark and powerful. Doof style.

A lady shouldn't listen to dark and dirty music like that.
Just kidding hehe ; ))
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Oct 15, 2003 15:27
kopsses roockkks wooow what a night murder

also mechanix with a good track good bassline and fx...!

coming back rmx its a good remix this and the orogonal are great

nice album doof familya           Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
eben

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 27, 2003 16:02
so here is just a brief one after a night of listening to this fab compilation.
1- phony call- great opening for the comp, major chaos after the break
2- same same- another blanka super nova, we want more!!
3- coming back - this rmx flipped the track over and made it into a party killer for anytime.
4- empty handed- woooooow
5- lysergic- you efenitly need alot of lysergic for this track, bonky at his hardest.
6- fabrikikoz- good one, sounds like israely full-on after a trippy night in moscow.
7- the kid- dark and poewrfull
8- kooky- groovy, friendly come down from this wicked comp.

i'll be back with expanded thoughts about this cd but for now- a super good release from doof records.
respect.
ttm

Posted : Nov 3, 2003 12:03
blasting release, dark is beautifull...
Doof Records
Doof Records

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Nov 14, 2003 18:04
wanted to thank all of you for the good feedback on jam.
i have to say i personally think this compilation is one of our finest releases and i'm happy to say that people are buying it as well.
expect more of this very soon...
(starting with the blanka album in december)
Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Nov 15, 2003 09:05
Kopssess - Empty Handed = wow!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. - Jam [Doof Records] 2003

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance