Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A - High Way | Com.Pact Records (June, 2005)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A - High Way | Com.Pact Records (June, 2005)

J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jul 3, 2005 02:24
Album: V.A – High Way
Cover: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/com/com1cd023.html
Year: June, 2005
Label: Com.Pact Records
Web Site: http://www.compact-records.com/

Track List:

1) Illumination & Ultravoice – Imagination (8:05)
2) Tactic Mind - Computer Music (7:02)
3) Ferbi Boys Vs Gilix - Total Loss (7:12)
4) Bizzare Contact Vs. Nameless - Massive Aggressive (8:35)
5) PTX - Follow Up (8:07)
6) Aquatica – Empire (8:12)
7) Mahamudra Vs Kyo Log – Hypnotic (7:54)
8) Quantum - Tight Flight (6:31)
9) Silence Hill - Thats Too Much (7:53)

Short Introduction:

Com.Pact needs no introducing... their work, along these 4 year of label, is just brilliant... releasing from Full-on to Progressive, created by Dj-Bog (Aka Visual Paradox) the label just keep on growing, from release to release.

Through the Tracks:

Track #1:

* Illumination & Ultravoice – Imagination (8:05)

“Just use your imagination...nation... nation!!” very nice, loved this starting... very up-lifting track, some deep continuous bass-line enters followed by that spooky distorted voice... very scary. This song has a great energy, it lifts u to another world, driving u crazy... that’s the result of adding two wonderful artists, such as Illumination and Ultravoice, HomMega’s fine artists... lots of high twisted-distorted sounds... so much quality oon the track... lots of harmony!!! At the middle, a nice loop brings the action back to the track... very original piece of work!!

Track #2:

* Tactic Mind - Computer Music (7:02)

The track starts very “robotic”... a voice saying “Let’s do it, computer music...” and the bass-line just starts raising its level, until it normalizes. Very energetic track, with many groove style sounds, that keeps on raising... very up-lifting track, very like Com.Pact style... has an original style, many percussions in it, giving the track an own style!!

Track #3:

* Ferbi Boys Vs Gilix - Total Loss (7:12)

A liked the entry. Very spooky, makes u wonder what will enters next... very nice... than the bass-line appears in it, along with some groove tunes, than the fun just begins... very energetic track, lots of mind-twisting sounds. A great deep sound goes along with the action... cool looping mix at the middle, very tripping! It’s a very continuous track, with not so many stops... which I think it’s great, is more dance floor like...

Track #4:

* Bizzare Contact Vs. Nameless - Massive Aggressive (8:35)

Bizzare Contact is Didi Ezra, born and living in the sunny southern city Dimona.
He has been producing all kinds of Psychedelic music since the age of 13. Now you can say how talented this guy really is... A master bass-line appears at the very beginning, just taking u to dance... than some smooth, deep high tunes, raising a wonderful energy, for the final explosion... I LOVED THIS TRACK BASS-LINE, changing its tone, very often, so u don’t get actually tired by listening to it... he inverts the low, giving more power to the highs. Than changes it... pumping up the bass-line!! Marvelous job by both artists... “yeah........” BANG!! Loved the track!!! Very psychedelic one!

Track #5:

* PTX - Follow Up (8:07)

Great artist, has been emerging in th Trance scene. Patrick’s job is mostly Full-on, with lots of energy in his tracks, a powerful bass-line, followed by many grooves, and an absolutely great energy in it... Very delirious track, makes your head spin if u don’t watch it... be careful!! Wicked track, lots of acid-tripping sounds, making u go crazy... liked it... a lot!

Track #6:

* Aquatica – Empire (8:12)

Aquatica is Elad ASY, born in 1980 in Israel. Aquatica started creating electronic music in 1996, at the beginning he was working and learning from Intergalactic, than in 2004 he started his solo project... The entry is very nice, very smooth, melodic tones, just preparing your brain to follow an incredible bass-line... and it’s a deep one... very strong bass-line, some high sounds, emerging from under it. I consider it an old-fashion track, but with some originality!! Many loops in it... IMO a regular track... not so many things to talk about it...

Track #7:

* Mahamudra Vs Kyo Log – Hypnotic (7:54)

Nice entry, some distorted sounds, and a very known bass-line, some groove tunes, nothing to much fancy, the same old formula... as in the previous track, didn’t get to much my attention, I just found them, very similar to each other, and with nothing to much in it... good tracks... I liked how he anticipated the bass-line, with some machines sounds. From this moment on, I started to like the track... “ hypnotic.....” the bass-line gained serious spice, giving the track an energetic tone!!

Track #8:

* Quantum - Tight Flight (6:31)

Liked the entry. I nice bass-line, continuing to grow its tune, followed by an intriguing amount of sounds... very deep, mind-distorting sounds... along with that great bass-line and many grooves, and tripping sounds... it stops, for that moment of piece, but not for to long, cause it gets back very nicely, slowly and pumping you up... good track... good for the dance floor, IMO.

Track #9:

* Silence Hill – That’s Too Much (7:53)

Quiet entry... some nice sounds, that you can anticipate the first bass-line... liked the entry, only the bass-line along with a nice sound, than the fun starts... a found it very spooky, very nice to brain-melting... very psychedelic track. IMO, an unique track, very delirious one, makes you get INTO the track, following with your heart!! At the ending, the track starts AMBIENT style... just like to finalize the project... well, that’s what u think... than it gets back, looping around, and entering again... very nice track.... good quality, good work...

Short Overall:

Liked the comp as one, in a few tracks, I may have lost attention, maybe because they are not so great, but I liked it, I found very original, specially the last track... which IMO is the album’s best. Grade: 7

Favorites:

1(!), 4(!!!), 5, 9(!!!!!)

See u next time...

it

Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Jul 3, 2005 12:38
very nice oneeeee I like trax # 1,4,7,9

..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Bash
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jul 3, 2005 16:53
Dudes, just give Aquatica another LOUD hearing and you'll be convinced it is actually the best track on this CD.           LSD is a drug that occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people that have not taken it...
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Jul 3, 2005 21:15
Quote:

On 2005-07-03 16:53, Bash wrote:
Dudes, just give Aquatica another LOUD hearing and you'll be convinced it is actually the best track on this CD.

actually its kinda "regular" Aquatica track.. not bad but nothing special.. he has betters....           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jul 4, 2005 03:51
Agree!!!
it
Zombizoola
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jul 4, 2005 23:54
Bizzare Contact with no doubt the best track in this great compilation with no other words i just lovvvvvvve this track!!!!!
Bizzare Didy
Bizzare Contact

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 03:35
Hey ppl 10x for the good comments

Really sirious compilation by ULTRAVOCAL

RESPECT !
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 19:02
first, i must say that the cd cover is amazing! this guy, Nomgy, is one hell of a talent and after all his work with Com.pact, Moonstone etc, he deserves a credit
anyway, my favorites here are: 1, 3 , 6 (!), 8, and 9 (!)
overall, a nice compilation
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 23:51
illumination vs ultravoice and silence hill's track is mater peice and very high light in this compilation keep up work silence hill very good track u made it i think ur track and illumination vs. ultravoice is best in this compilation also all track in there is good but these track ( imagination and silence hill's track is very very goood )
respect
EverTrance-Br

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 10:18
Track #9, very good song!
kabooki_cat

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 12:04
how many e there is in word 'cheesey'?

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A - High Way | Com.Pact Records (June, 2005)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance