Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Goatronika (Phototropic Records 2010)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Goatronika (Phototropic Records 2010)

moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 6, 2010 14:33:07
1 Radical Distortion - Analogue 7:49
2 Space Elves - Goa Trance Mission (Jikooha Remix) 8:44
3 Alienapia - Inner Poison 8:02
4 Sky Technology - Next Steps To The Stars 7:12
5 Amithaba Buddha - Uncharted Planet 7:23
6 Hypnotic Signal - Cosmic Sphere 6:09
7 BlackStarrFinale - Cassiopeia 8:25
8 Vox - Four Points 7:23
9 NK47 - Synesthesia 8:21
10 Arronax - The Journey Continues 8:34

Radical Distortion is up first with a nice midtempo warmer track. Nothing exceptional but a very nice starting track, making you really want to find out what's up next.

Space Elves come with a VERY nice oldschool vibe. I mean, REALLY oldschool, stuff that remind me of the good ol' days, not the modern newschool interpetations that we have gotten used to expecting to hear when someone mentions "newschool". Definately one of the best tracks I've heard this year. Keep up the good work lads

Alienapia up next with a great blend of forest trance and newschool, my absolute favorite track on this comp. As far as I'm concerned, THIS is the way of the future for goatrance!

No let the name fool you,Sky Technology's Next Steps to the Stars has nothing to do with Miranda's classic, it just shares a similar name. A nice track but personally I find that it lacks focus, it's as if the artist doesn't really know where he's going with this, just trying out different ideas.

Amithaba Buddha up next with some nice oldschool 303 lines on top of some nice swirling melodies, although I always find that there's something missing in his work... can't tell what, cause all the elements are there, but they don't quite fit my definition of a great track.

Hypnotic Signal up next with trance straight from Siberia (nice to see that the goa spirit has spread so far BTW ). Some nice ideas tried in there and a pretty good melody, although this isn't quite top notch material IMO.

Psynews' own Blackstarrfinale gives us his debut track which is a great first effort but a bit too generic to my ears.

Vox up next trying out some interesting stuff, mmmmm this is definately my cup of tea... the melody that kicks in around 3:00 is absolutely SUPERB and makes my heart melt... although it is VERY similar to a certain Shiva Shidapu - Virtual Voyage... but hey, I guess that most people into the scene today don't even know of the original so bringing back such a great melody can't be a crime, let's just call it a tribute Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, copyright issues aside, this is one great track

NK47 starts off pretty generic but if you're patient enough and stay with it you'll get a nice rewarding melody in the end (around 6:30), reminding me some nice oldschool israeli trance from the good ol days. My only complaint is that the "good part" only lasts for about a minute

The closer is from Arronax. You might think he's a newbe to the scene but it turns out he's been releasing stuff already since 2004. Personally I've never heard of the guy but I guess it's better late than never He gives us a track that's a bit more on the dark and fast side of things. Again, some nice ideas explored in there but somehow I find the track as a whole is lacking something.

Conclusion A nice add-on to an ever-growing newschool collection. Of course, just like other comps this isn't perfect and still suffers from that generic plasticky sound that the first generation of newschool productions had, although this is definately another step in the right direction 3,5/5
Favorites: 2, 3(!!), 8(!!)           “I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.”

Charles M. Schulz
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Goatronika (Phototropic Records 2010)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance