03. Radiate - Witchkraft
04. Phutureprimitive - Deeper feat. Alyssa Palmer
05. Mauxuam - After B4
06. Tripswitch - Lyra
07. Solar Fields - Jeezlh
08. Snakestyle - Neutral Bouyancy
09. Carbon Based Lifeforms - Reaktion
10. Cell - Spinning Whale

Future Memories is compiled by Interchill label DJ/A&R Nathalie Edell.

1.Eat Static (Merv Pepler and Joie Hinton) - Sands of Time, contains a majority of sharp tones with a bucolic forest walk's feeling riding a horse at a walking pace ; it's something very calm, peaceful, bracing or yet climatic.

2.Ultimax (Max Kosenko from Israel) – Noir , consists in some Jazzy downtempo with some unpolished backgrounding sounds. After the middle break, the melody changes through a darker way which contrasts so much with the first part that you're wondering if you're still listening to the same thing. The answer is yes & i'm convinced that was the aim targeted by the artist here .

3.Radiate (Seb Taylor & Nick Edell) – Witchkraft, appears as a simple or minimalist tune if you don't really take care while listening. Indeed it's a very chiseled production , which is very deep, mental with soft sounds but also catchy & hypnotizin.

4.Phutureprimitive (Rain) - Deeper feat. Alyssa Palmer I don't understand what the hell is doing this tune on this compilation, it's just some cheap pop-chill : a big error of casting according to me.

5.Mauxuam (Maurizio Liguori) - After B4 , for some experimental sounding, quite close to Jens Buchert soundscape. For those who don't know the previous quoted artist let just precise the influences are eclectic & the content is mental.

6.Tripswitch (Nick Brennan) – Lyra , the discret opening is murky soon accompanied with a slow motion rhythmic. Then there's the main pattern (the base of the tune) which is too much repetitive & gets quickly boring despite some efforts to make the track evolve with the piano thema for example from the break at 3”30; global result a lack of variation.

7.Solar Fields (Magnus Birgersson from Sweden) – Jeezlh , if there would be a single song to retain from this cd, it will be this one. Usually i'm not a big fan of Solar Fields but here it's different cause that's the best track i've ever heard from him mixing emotional, tripping, hypnotic, floating, fairish & unpolished parts.

8.Snakestyle (Matt Embleton from London)- Neutral Bouyancy , the music is weird, subtle, beatless tends to be minimalist too & results quite difficult to get in. To sum up the spirit of the track, i could say that at the same time it's a good one coz you can listen to it with absolutely no difficulties & on the other side when it finishes you don't remember anything of it like if it was never played. In a word : strange.

9.Carbon Based Lifeforms – Reaktion strongly reminds me Solar Quest's productions from 1994, the Orgship album. Actually i'd prefer CBL sounding like in their Hydroponic Garden album (even if it would be a bit warmed up) instead of Solar Quest , despite the undeniable quality of the tune,,,

10. Cell (Alex Scheffer from France) - Spinning Whale, sadness is all around here packed with deep, hypnotic production & a hint of ether which could makes turn your head. Unfortunately, my attention focuses on the snare sound which doesn't fit with the rest of the banktones employed that's a real pity cause i think it contributes to ruin the track.

I personally consider more difficult to conceive an ambient-chill compilation than a dancefloor one, because on the downtempo scene, the artists have more facilities to exploit their personality, their own musical universe. That's a bit the worry of Future memories : picking up the tunes one by one would be perfect to the condition of not considering an artistic coherence all along & here it seems to be only partly intended.

Climax:7
Good moments:1,2,3,5
Strange:8

Mark : 7/10

you can find easily all my psytrance & chill reviews on my blog at:
http://www.myspace.com/le_lotus_bleu
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Feb 14, 2008 16:41
Good review
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
amphiton

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 1, 2008 17:44
Nice review, I tend to agree on some parts and disagree on others, but all in all separate tracks will work but as a compilation this one doesn't work as effectively.

Favs: 7, 9.            • [ cuBe ] :: cubeg.org •
Jingabι
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 16:24
Quote:

On 2008-01-31 22:44, Le Lotus Bleu wrote:

7.Solar Fields (Magnus Birgersson from Sweden) – Jeezlh , if there would be a single song to retain from this cd, it will be this one. Usually i'm not a big fan of Solar Fields but here it's different cause that's the best track i've ever heard from him mixing emotional, tripping, hypnotic, floating, fairish & unpolished parts.

Could this track be one the best chill tunes ever? Emotions really run high on this one. Simply beautifull.

Love the entire comp but, as you can guess, I think Solar Fields stands out.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Future Memories (Interchill) 2008

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance