Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Free (Sunlight Records 2004)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Free (Sunlight Records 2004)

moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 6, 2004 11:43
1. NAMASKAR - Hey
2. BOOBYTRIP - Trancendental medication
3. PRADOX - Motenarc
4. KARAVENA - Psychodroid
5. HERBAL ESSENCE - Galopper
6. BASSID - Sunset Trip
7. PRADOX - Past
8. NAMASKAR - Moonlight

This is the first material I've ever heard from Sunlight Records. From the name I was kindof expecting some morning melodic psy or something. Well it's morning, but it's progressive, which is a style I don't really dig unless the tracks are REALLY good.

I like the track by Paradox a lot, it has a really nice driving percussion, if you have a system with loud bass it will make you go nuts!

Also Basid's track is exceptional. First of all it's more than 15 minutes long!! And like the name suggests, it's a real trip!! It goes from minimal to melodic and even have some guitars that remind a LOT the 60s era!! Contrary to the name, it's not a dark track, rather the contrary, I would've found the name "Sunrise trip" more appropriate. It's not in the olsdchool style, far form it, but it DOES make you travel and IMO that's a quality that you find VERY rarely in psytrance these days.

Well, I don't really like the rest of the tracks...

Conclusion Sunlight Records give us a good progressive compilation. Bassid's track is exceptional, if you don't listen to it, you're missing something big!! Other than that, I'm not a big progressive fan so I won't rate this...

faves: 4, 6 (!!!)
andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Nov 17, 2004 04:33
I really thing this is a groundbreaking compilation. I can't really match it with anything else because it is somehow for me a genre on its own. Strange that nobody bothered with it. I think it is worth at least a listening. This is psytrance that puts you in a warmth capsule. California sunhine (not the group, the feel).
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Free (Sunlight Records 2004)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance