Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - v/a FEAR PSYCHOSIS [Paradiso 2004]
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

v/a FEAR PSYCHOSIS [Paradiso 2004]

bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Oct 13, 2004 02:55
Paradiso Records from India is proud to present the Debut compilation Fear Psychosis!

An heavy amalgamation of 9 Night, Twilight Psycho-delic Dance-Floor Blasters.

9 Compositions from some of the cutting edge sound scientists and their experiments in their respective soundlabs and mindscapes.

9 Sonic gems assimilation of some of the established and some upcoming Artists from around the globe. This Assembilation has been mastered n tweaked by CPU (Samy Guideche, Barcelona Studios).

1. Stick
FREAKING
2. Cat People
KEROSENE CLUB
3. Love Story (edit)
PSYCHOTIC MICRO VS TOXIC
4. Suffecation
WINTER DEMON
5.Unclouded Eyes
AZAX SYNDROM
6. Birds of Prey (y2k4 rmx)
GRAPES OF WRATH
7. Stack Overflow
PARA HALU
8. Lucifer in the sky of the Diamonds
DARK NEBULA
9. Hurricane
NEUROMOTOR VS HYPER FREQUENCIES

* NOTE! i notice that the tracklisting from psyshop, and the promotional section, is different than the one on the cd. so i have adjusted it as you see here is how it is on the cd. perhaps the label can clarify this...* (ie the azax and winter demon tracks are switched)

1. we have a wacky intro with beeping and the voices remind me of some old psykovsky tracks. its a bit odd, and would impart a strange feeling on any party. the kick is so pointy! neat vocal effects, but the "stick" repeating sample makes me skip to the next. call me picky!

2.takes a minute to build up, but once you get into the middle of it, this one sets up an intensely hectic vibe, lots of zippy sounds, storming all around. some cool atmospheres and disorienting breakdown, some serious insanity for those tweaked out moments when only the wildest will do!

3. these two artists together have a very strong presence, the cd begins here imho. dark rolling with massive sounds all around, setting up a tension and a groove at the same time. metallic is a word that comes to mind, seems a bit maniacal, heavy on the mindfuk. ashes to ashes dust to dust.... and we step into the grindy stomp with laughter filtering through, layered with samples and huge FX atmospheres, basically a monster digital meltdown! very strong.

4. WD comes on next, bringing us deeper, there is some reserve in the beginning, some pads that bring a sort of warmth, and the track takes a bit to unfold, then before you know it its flying all around you. launch! sending its sounds out to the edge and back, rolling on with a vengeance, this one does the trick for sure. a breakdown in the middle gives a moment to breathe, spaces it back out some. some trippy vocal sounds and buzzing goo layered give a spooky feeling. then a lazer riff makes for a groovy darkness. good changeups, stomping, never boring.

5. azax bangs the gong and makes a scary vibe from the start, a variety of sounds over a similar dark rolling bass. giant waves of FX atmospheres and squidgy sizzles along with thick hihats. lots of sounds to wrap your open mind around, worms squishing, more waves wash over. another dark, intelligent entry here, just when you think it might let up, there is more coming to get you , right around the next corner.... towards the end, its gets tense, building up to "feel my hate and suffer!" and some neat vocal stutter work which just acts as icing on the evil, hallucinogenic cake.

6. GOW track, robotic and tweaky, some laughing, or is that a monkey? wacked. the rhythm just chunks rolls or what is it doing? its jamming! the digital bleeps make for a thick sound environment and then we are hit head on with a growling worm, who swings you around by the ears! it does not let up, and gets bigger and rockin a few different times, while also allowing room to think a couple times. it regroups some before the final blast, lots of high-end fx panning left and right, i can only imagine what it would sound like outdoors really loud!

7. parahalu have lately been improving more and more, this track is no exception. a deeper sort of bassline, hypnotic. the sizzles and other fx team up to make a shifting environment for your brain. they sure know how to disorient, it gets swimmy, theres a definite watery feel to this, very murky at times. starts picking up then, "what the fuck is going on?!" this track has probably the most space of the whole comp thus far. not quite as in-your-face. the finale gets going good again, wild long bendy zipping, and a serious kick roll to send us into the depths of the gooey stomp assault.

8. some more dark samples from dark nebula ! nearly xenomorphic at first... i guess any track with lucifer in the title is bound to be a bit scary. this one has a crisp edge to it, some horror fx, "i think of the suffering...", just in time for hallowe'en! they throw in some repeating guitar grind hits for good measure. more tortured screams, building up, and up! the guitar sound just hits a few too many times for these ears. darkness!~

9. this one has more of a bouncy feel to it, i guess thats the neuromotor edge. but the dark elements are still present. it does get a bit ravey or something is different about this one... more of a party track somehow, not necessarily as evil as the rest. but! it still rocks, feels full and rockin on and on!

soooo, what we have here is an undeniable hugeness of a comp. 3,4,5,6,7 are all stormers, and thats just my taste! any fan of these artists would do well to get this disc if you crave more and more darkness. some (2) are just so wacked, serious mindmelting tunes. a good start for this new label... best of luck paradiso!

heres where i got it:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/prd/prd1cd001.html
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Shimmer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 13, 2004 09:31
I'm loving this album! Great, worthwhile purchase! How can you go past Dark Nebula, GOW, Xenomorph and Para Halu!?!?! FRIGGIN' AWESOME TRACKS!           _______________________________-______________________________
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 13, 2004 12:51
Good compilation!!!!
My favorites are :
Kerosene Club-Cat People
Asax Syndrom-Unclouded Eyes
G.o.w-Bids Of Prey (y2k rmx)

Good Luck , i look forward to the next one!!

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 12, 2006 17:19
Great stuff. Got it only recently and it's been playing for the second time since I've got it. Good strong dark psytrance. I like all tracks basically, can't name one track that really stands out. There's no slouches here, that's for sure           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Dec 14, 2006 08:33
All these tracks have that special '2004' sound to them. You could recognize them anywhere. A little saddened how azax has changed his style over the years.
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 14, 2006 09:20
Yeah the azax and dark nebula blew me away!
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 14, 2006 09:20
Yeah the azax and dark nebula blew me away!
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Dec 14, 2006 10:25
Azax and G.O.W ...
And Hurricane is a monster track in this V.A by neuro and Hyper freq           0x00000PSy
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Dec 15, 2006 08:54
G.o.w-Bids Of Prey (y2k rmx)

www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - v/a FEAR PSYCHOSIS [Paradiso 2004]

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance