Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Digital Breed 2 [MMD Records 2010]
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Digital Breed 2 [MMD Records 2010]

squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Aug 13, 2010 02:22:37
va - digital breed 2 [mmd records]

tracklisting:
a-mush - quarantine 148 bpm
technodrome vs zion linguist - psycho diver (Zion linguist rmx) 148 bpm
shehoor - blue demon 146 bpm

alright lets make this a brief review. this is mmd's 2nd digital ep - 'digital breed 2' . this time around there are alot of new names for an mmd release. this one starts off with portugese duo a-mush. these guys have recently signed on with 3d vision and have been releasing some intense hi tec tunes @148 bpm . this track is no different. total ripper - im certain if a dj played this tune on the dancefloor he'd smell burnin rubber soon after . interesting tune with good evolution and some very twisted leads. these guys are definitely worth keeping an eye for the future, especially their collaberation with konnektor under the moniker 'mush connection'.

moving on we have an interesting collaberation between 2 well established acts - israeli technodrome (also making his debut appearance with mmd) and mmd co-owner zion linguist. alright so ill be honest, this track did not really catch my attention for the first few weeks i had this ep. but after a fair bit of listening ill say this, this track is as hot as a baked potato. unfortunately you can't really hear the technodrome influence too much but hell this is a zion linguist rmx after all. i love those gigantic leads that just swoop out of nowhere, over those tight tight percussions. i was super impressed with the zion linguist rmx to biorhythm's counter freak featured on digital breed 1, and i am impressed yet again. nice solid track which should be saved for peak night time hours.

lastly we have a new act from france called shehoor. these guys are newly signed to the mmd roster and i think its fair to say that bring something different to the table. this track is dark atmospheric rumbler, which has all the trademarks of what one normally associates with the 'mmd sound' (very tight and aggressive percussions) with a very grim feel to it. i love the main leads, especially the way the track just yells at you and the leads sort of freeze up only to come yelling back! man what a ride. a fitting finish to this short yet thoroughly enjoyable adventure. i for one will certainly keeping an eye out for their next release.

well that is that - a solid release from mmd with great tunes and lots of new names - infact all new names for an mmd release with the exception of zion linguist. an interesting release and hopefully a sign of things to come from the mmd labs. big up to archive and zion linguist for keeping the spirit going and my luck to all involved.

fav: all 3 tunes rock

overall rating: 8/10

where you buy this bad boy:
Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/en-us/html/content/release/detail.232299

Juno: http://www.junodownload.com/search/?quick_search_download=label&q=mmdlife&qs=1&s_search_precision=any&s_genre_id=0000&x=11&y=11

Trackitdown.net: http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/119796/mmd-records.html           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Glacial
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Sep 5, 2010 06:27
Solid release, the Shehoor track is a must hear.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Digital Breed 2 [MMD Records 2010]

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance