Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Twisted System - Core (Timecode Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Twisted System - Core (Timecode Records 2006) CD

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 10:08
Just bought the album after reading the comments on it. + It has a Marilyn Manson mix which kind of settled it all for me

Let's hope you blokes speak the truth. I'm tired of buying highly recommended albums that doesn’t live up to it's expectations. .. But I have a good feeling concerning this release.
katam
Abomination

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 15:57
a dancefloor bomb from the three maniacs, this cd will definatley stay in my case for a while....
awesome job on the marilyn manson rmx....just spot on!...
neuromantik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 16:31
Don't you just love the lost hope quote

"No! It's a battlestation. I call it -- The Sphere O' Fear. Or, Planet Death. The Killing Ball? Death Moon. Giant Hurt Ball! The Deathticle...."

Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Feb 12, 2006 11:13
Wooooow.. what an album.. I just heard 2 tracks so far.. and im already a fan of this one.. Business hippy and mad minor are the 2.. cant wait to get my hands on this album... Some powerful tunes is all I can hear..
slug
Slug

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 08:09
I know this album, and I think DP's review is just about spot on - the first track is a kind of "joke" track - funny for some, others might just find it far too cheesy. All the rest is very serious and twisted in the way the usually do it, but production is up a notch on this one (compared to the first Twisted System album).
Noise Poison Records
Noise Poison Records

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 11:36
just touching mary and doing it quit well makes it worth for me to buy .....
further have to mention, that the south aficaN attitude to touch my musical heroes in every way makes me fucking smiling .... broken toy started with mary followed by shift dared to work on NIN and finally the twisted system catched me with beautiful people ....... in fac i just have to thank u down there and ask for more .... and ask here officially for a new one ....
killa           I just came out, cause it seems there was a noise outside ! .... added to Parvati Records rooster .. check webside !!!
http://www.parvati-records.com
http://www.noise-poison.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj_ilse
Brain Hunters
Brain Hunters

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 16:04
Congratulations Mr Phyxxxx nice work my friend
new monster SOUNDS........!!!!!

brainhunters@spectralrecords.com
Ormion
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 20:01

What can I say about this album? Being the biggest Twisted fan in the world it's kinda difficult to write a review without get over excited. But who cares? Here it is:

Stark Raver: This track has simply the best intro ever. They used the best sample you can get from a movie, the legendary : Lord Vader. Yes Master. Riiiiiiiiiise, together with the heavy breathing of Darth Vader. Since I first listened to this part from the movie I was waiting for a Psy track that will use it. Bon did it first with a track in his album Underground Resistance, but Twisted guys did it better. After the sample we have the well known Star Wars, but slightly changed to become more uplifting and trancey. Then the power strikes you with a powerful bassline, phat percussion and high volume sounds. Welcome to Twisted world. Is it cheesy? Don't think so. It's the best track ever based in a movie theme. Hard, dark, spacey with great ideas (check out the bass playing the theme!) Awesome!
Razor: Twisted Power! Blasting Psy-trance with ultra powerful bassline and blasting snares. If you like SA Psy this one is made for you. If you don't, get ready to become a SA fan. Not much to say, this track is a winner. The leading melody is sooooo good. It's simple yeah, but so great. I can't believe how these guys made such an awesome melody. Amazing!
Business Hippie: Another killer track. But killer not bullshit. The first minutes ain't something unique, but still blasting with cool samples and police alarms. The highlight in this track is the melody in the middle of it. What a melody! Coming straight from the old days. Uplifting but hard at the same time! The final part crushes your brain and it would be better if they'd finish it with this melody but it's still Superb!
Mad Minor: Mean stuff. A typical Twisted System track. Typical here, means hard, mean, maximal not average. Hard all the way with three different melodic lines. The final part is Twisted chaos. All the melodic lines together in high volume. Chaos I say! Not the best here but still Fantastic!
Resistance: The first minutes are a bit simple. The bass and the kick are so loud! Then the hard sounds coming at you and the track get twisted. Suddenly everything stops and a melody fades in. A melody.... Yeah but what melody. One of the best ever heard! Mean but uplifting, morning and dark, happy and angry, all together in this (simple to be honest) melodic line. And the madness starts. Full Power unleashed!!! It's getting harder and harder, the melody, the bass, the percussion, the schizo sounds. And harder! and when you think it can't be any harder it blasts you even more! One of the best tracks ever made!
The Forgotten V.3.0.: Darker stuff here. The pads are scary and the bass kicks ass again. Dark madness all the way. Not much to say. Blast off power! The final part is awesome with again a simple but so effective melody(How they do it?). This is true night full on.
Outer Dementia: Euphoric, uplifting, optimistic. Cheesy? you got to be kidding. Hard again and again together with fantastic melodies and full power. The final part is one of the most hard but ecstatic ever listened in my life. Hardcore rave! U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!
Daorithe: Melodies keep coming in this track. Yeah melodic stuff but still powerful. The melody reminds me something and the track is high class again. Not the highlight of the album but A must have track.
Beautiful People (Tribute rmx): Wanna know how a metal/hard rock track can be remixed by a Psy artist without be cheesy or stupid? Here we have a perfect example. The track throws away guitar solos and singing samples except some parts just to let you know that the original is a Marilyn Manson song. The track ain't that fast like the rest but still pumping, reminds me a lot the Da Business track by Shift. Very good!

Overall: If you looking for spirituality, different fx in every second or minimalistic beats search somewhere else. When it comes to Twisted System project Chris, Ian and mr.Skragg care only for one thing: To blast your body and mind. And they are the best to do that. Not just an amazing piece of psy, not just one of the best albums of the last years, not just an excellent sequel to The Dealers but one of the best albums ever heard in my life.
11/10 easily...
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 20:18
This new album doesn't make it for me (too full on), only The Forgotten & Outer Dementia reminds me the good face of Twisted System which was more represented in their first album 'The Dealers'.
lokus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 22, 2006 08:26
in the last weeks i listened to this album and tried to get into it but i dont like it
there are too much "squeech"-sounds all the time and listening to the whole album causes headache to me...
i like the first ts album but that one is not good for me
nevertheless its very good produced
boom           - last possible solution
- trick music
- ambivalent records
myspace.com/lokuz

ps: y trance?
K - OS

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 22, 2006 11:10
Nah,I didn't like the stark raver except it's bassline wich is really nice
The beautiful people rmx,is quite nice,but it's not that great at all....IMO

But perfectly produced indeed

~*Try to find a higher level*~
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Mar 22, 2006 18:43
didnt really like most of the album...into the forgotten..thats about it.
zakesm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 01:54
sho! tough crowd! this cd is the peak, the pinnacle of SA trance
HanBaal

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 04:21
"The Dealers" was one of my 2004 favorite releases, so I was eager to listen to this new album. And my expectations were answered and even surpassed!

Stark Raver is such a bomb.. and also a joke as Slug called it but in the good way. You gotta have a strange sense of humor to dislike it! And that bassline...and the melodies...and the breaks...WOW WOW WOW! Turn the subwoofer on and let those speakers blast your mind out of this world! Not the most powerful tune (yeah as if it wasn't powerful enough... well, not by SA standards ) but definitely the funkiest and the most original! The last 2 minutes in special are so fkin powerful and psychedelic! Great start

Next special one in list is track 3. Here we have some more 'serious' stuff! boom boom boom boom... now this is my kinda sh!t Spookiest melodies arise from some dark forest! This is what I like so much about SA full-on. They can get perfectly these creative mindbreaking darker melodies (and samples) in, that cope perfectly with their caracteristic powerful basslines, resulting in what I like to call Full-Dark-On ! The only thing I dislike in this tune is the cop syrenes...i have had too many unpleasant encounters with them so i'm kinda unsettled by it... the rest of the track is great though.

Next is track 6. Even darker melodies than track 3 here but with an incredible pace still! Another bomb for sure!

Track 7 is another great one. The pace of this song keeps growing and growing till we finally get the meaning of its title... "Outer Dementia" A dancefloor bomb no doubt!

Track 8 is my favourite. No one has mentioned it as a great one yet and I'm surprised. The melodies in it are among the coolest and most addictive ones I have ever heard. If I hear this track by the morning, by the time I go to sleep I'm still with them in my head! My head is nodding all day long and my friends ask me if I'm ok! I answer them I have this disease called "Daorithe" ! The end of this track is the peak of the all cd imo! la la la la

I don't like the last track only coz I'm allergic to excessive guitars and singing voices in psytrance tracks. I like talking voices a lot but not singing ones. I'm not a fan of MM neither. The rest of the tracks are all cool but those I mentioned are THE 'ones' imho.

To the guy who said this stuff gives him headaches due to the "squeeches" and splashes, try lowering the treble. I do it when listening to SA full-on in general and it works for me perfectly. Not only it becomes better (imho) as it becomes my favorite material!

Concluding, when it comes to powerful full-on, South Africans do it better! Follow the leaders b!tches!!

lokus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 09:31
@HanBaal:
you can call me by my name. i like that much more then just mentioned as "the guy"
anyway
lowering the treble isnt working well i still can hear the "squeeches"...
and i dont like to manipulate the frequencies to correct a track.
in my opinion the guys from t.s. try to increase the preasure or power
by putting in more and more "squeech"-layer. for me they are overdoing it.
i miss the subtle aggression from the first "shift" album ie. i still love that one.
the track i like most on t.s. album is track 6 "the forgotten..." i forgot
but thats just my humble opinion
peace
          - last possible solution
- trick music
- ambivalent records
myspace.com/lokuz

ps: y trance?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Twisted System - Core (Timecode Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance