Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Twisted Records :: 10 Year Anniversary :: Friday 27th October 2006 :: London
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Twisted Records :: 10 Year Anniversary :: Friday 27th October 2006 :: London

keyop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 27, 2006 14:20
set times

Main Room :: Twisted Records

21.00 – 22.30 Simon H (Dj Set)
22.30 – 00.00 Younger Brother
00.00 – 01.15 Hallucinogen
01.15 – 02.45 Prometheus
02.45 – 04.00 Transwave
04.00 – 05.30 Koxbox
05.30 – 06.45 Tristan
06.45 – 08.00 GBU

Opus Sound by Twisted Clarity / Visuals and Installation by Inside-Us-All and additional decor by Skymermaid

Goa Old Skool//Tribe of Frog Room

21.00 – 22.30 Psycosonic
22.30 – 00.00 Serge Souque
00.00 – 01.30 Natzan
01.30 – 02.45 Process
02.45 – 04.15 Dimitri
04.15 – 05.30 Total Eclipse LIVE
05.30 – 06.45 Slinky Wizard
06.45 – 08.00 Green Nuns of the Revolution LIVE

Liquid/Spiral – Chill

21.00 – 23.00 Simon Baring (DJ Set)
23.00 – 00.00 Nagual Sound Experiment
00.00 – 01.30 Capsula
01.30 - 03.00 Shpongle (Simon Postford and Raja Ram DJ Set)
03.00 - 04.30 Phutureprimitive
04.30 - 06.00 Ott
06.30 - 08.00 Bluetech

Backroom Beat Recordings

21.00 – 22.30 Michelle Adamson
22.30 - 00.00 Ed Bigland
00.00 – 01.30 Youth
01.30 - 03.00 DMT
03.00 - 04.00 Western Rebel Alliance
04.00 - 05.00 Greg Hunter
05.00 – 06.30 Merv/Eat Static
06.30 – 08.00 Digitalis (DJ Set)
hoffman angels

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 28, 2006 09:51
shit,im in finland ,cant make it to the best party of the year in london.ross,good luck man,looks amezing.
dirty 1

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 28, 2006 19:17
as predicted,overly rammed and the same old stuff!

good visuals but really,nothing ground breaking.

the newer organisations from the u.k are much more cutting edge and psychedelic and 1/3 of the price.
Lux
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 00:08
The party was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!

...but then again because I didn't spend any time at all in the main room for obvious reasons. The retro room kicked ass by far!

Fantastic music! So many memories came back to me. Serge & Slinky Wizard were amazing and I literally started crying from excitement when I listened to Total Eclipse playing all of my favourite tracks. Tracks that was the beginning for me in this wonderful music that has changed so much over the years from the days of my all-time favourite Blue Room label.

The music in the retro room was by far more psychedelic than the main room. Acidic 303 sounds from beginning to end.

One of the best parties I have ever been in ages with wonderful people, amazing music and wonderful set up in the retro room.

Well done and congratulations to Twisted for having this room. It made all the difference. It was like a dream coming true!

Back to the roots!          Don't hope 2 much 4 something cause u may end up getting it...
Circlesquare

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 00:15

Greetings from Athens, Happy 10th Anniversary Twisted!

We had a wicked time, only because we intended to though, with not much help from the event as it was...

The Goa room (our main reason from travelling all the way from Greece) had really low volume and not good overall sound. Shame...

Congrats to Sean Process for his set (yes, we came for the "old stuff") and of course Total Eclipse + Green Nuns for their rocking sets as well...Our deep thanks to all!

Main room stuff not our cup of tea, so no comment on that...

Also, a somewhat not-so-warm and kind of unfriendly crowd in the Goa room? Dunno....

Anyway, many thanks for all given on that friday night and respect to the Twisted crew!

cheers
tbe

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 15:19
A little report about this fantastic party organized by twisted records for the label ten year anniversary.
The party place were in a usual London venue :renaissance rooms.
Something like 2200 peoples from all over the world.
4 rooms with very beautiful deco.
Seing all lives and DJ sets were a real impossible mission. Too much good artists there !!

The first set I listened to was Serge Souque one ( Antidote & ex- Total Eclipse)
He played golden hits from Goa era as man with no name - teleport ,Astral projection - let there be light, hallucinogen - Shamanix , Green Nuns of the revolution - Conflict, The infinity project - Stimuli and some Prana, doof,...It was like a miracle. Those tracks are anthems and it's so good to listen to this in party. everybody was crazy. Thanks Serge.. why not to play more old school ? Psychedelism will never die !
Then the Hallucinogen Live : What else to say that it's marvellous. His music make us happy.
Then youth set, more progressive set, but as usual with this living legend of electronic music, he played only various great stuffs.
Just had a look on Process and Shpongle, listened to a moment Transwave live (so poor music compare with the old transwave... mythic psychedelic crazy melodies has been changed with poor clubby sounds already heard 10000 times in every fullon releases...ok, it's my taste, maybe you have another one)
Then Koxbox who played live his (good) new album.. it was to short . Who was the guy with a guitar playing with Frank'e ?
In another room, Total Eclipse played a magical live.... genius mucic..far from the "boom boom", but very sensitive music.
A pity the Digital Mystery Tour live couldn't be played...
Last hours 3 goods acts were playing, Digitalis ( respect... you're a god Seb), GBU : I like the new album BUT the live wasn't that good..something miss either in the mastering or in my ears, Green nuns of the Revolution : Waoo, such an idea to make those two crazy guys play ! We finished the party there with no more legs.

I didn't tell others lives and set I miss ( Shpongle, Prometheus, Process, Youngers Brothers)...but it seems it was very good.
Thanks Twited staff and english party people....you're great.

The 10 years Twisted party is now a legend... one of the best party ever. Wish the next will be soon and with another Goa retro room.
alphathrob

Posted : Oct 29, 2006 15:35
MEGA FANTASTIC PARTY!!!THE SOUND WAS AMAZING!DIVINE! But there were few drawbacks..the sound system quality was very poor for the artists that played!In my country, Portugal, I΄m used to a lot better sound systems!!Even with not so recognized artists!That΄s my opinion!
In particular I would like to to know how the organisation could allow the two STUPID IDIOTS (black race, with white shirts)in the toilets, who were expecting the opportunity to ask money for the perfumes, chewing gums and sweets, etc...with no previous advice that was not free, because they seemed abandoned..being very unhygienic it΄s also ILLEGAL!!Does anyone agre with me?..
floatyhippyflower

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 15:52
Well I had a great time! The capacity, cloakroom and cost of water were all issues and these should be looked at again if doing anything of that size in future, but gripes aside it didn't spoil the night for me, and I suspect Twisted had little control over any of that once it all kicked off.

Some truly ace music kept me dancing until I reached that curious place where foot blistering and muscle pain meets happiness and inner joy. I came home blissfully broken and slept three hours fully clothed on an armchair before crawling into bed for a fifteen hour zonk. Hats off to Green Nuns; dudes sure know how to make a tired girl doof - but everyone I heard had something to commend them, so thank you all for a quality stomp. Sadly missed Hallucinogen and Youth for different reasons, but again the rest of the acts were so collectively good that even this didn't impact on my night. There were a number of people I would like to have met...

Yosi - top job! When you played I Know... a phat-ass smile spread across my mouth and round the back of my head. Could practically tie the thing in a bow, it was so wide! Great to see you in action.

Pavel - Colin told me you didn't make it due to work. Bah, mate. Just bah.

Justo; was that you pulling my hair as I stumbled in the door? Tried to find you later but you proved somewhat elusive.

Simon B; would like to have come and said hello in person but I missed your set and had no idea who to look for. Cheers for flyers and other good stuff. Party wasn't half bad either.

I had a great time meeting up with people the people I did find or who found me, known and new. With so many people under one roof it's a credit to the scene that the atmosphere stayed happy and relaxed, and I would definitely make the trip again for something similar, despite any of the hassles with coats, bouncers etc. Whassat? April you say? Blimey norah, count me in! XX
John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 18:43
Quote:
In particular I would like to to know how the organisation could allow the two STUPID IDIOTS (black race, with white shirts)in the toilets, who were expecting the opportunity to ask money for the perfumes, chewing gums and sweets, etc...with no previous advice that was not free, because they seemed abandoned..being very unhygienic it΄s also ILLEGAL!!Does anyone agre with me?..

Its common practice in London clubs - the people doing it often tend to be unable to get legitimate work due to visa issues & stuff and so are doing work like this (for which, I assume, the club charges them for the "pitch").

They dont make much money, its shit work, and I'm sure they'd far rather be somewhere else, - so just smile and dont take any of the stuff if you dont want to
dirty 1

Posted : Oct 29, 2006 20:11
[quote]
On 2006-10-29 15:35, alphathrob wrote:
MEGA FANTASTIC PARTY!!!THE SOUND WAS AMAZING!DIVINE! But there were few drawbacks..the sound system quality was very poor for the artists that played!In my country, Portugal, I΄m used to a lot better sound systems!!Even with not so recognized artists!That΄s my opinion!

as i remember the sound system quality changed from artist to artist which makes me think that it was the artists fault for the differance in quality.
its all in the mix i reckon...
but who knows...
psy druid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Oct 30, 2006 21:11
Enough!! Yes it was rammed and the venue couldnt deal with the people etc but that's not twisted's fault. It wasnt their 1st choice venue and due the monster line up/occasion there were always going to be probs with logistics etc.

But.......from what i saw/heard..

serge and process in the goa room were awesome..belting out tunes like the delta's remix of johann's the stranded etc....

transwave, koxbox and GBU were class - the orginal trashish and land of freedom would have been better though!!

lastly..TRISTAN was the bolloxs - top notch tunes, banging them out as usual, giving it some on the stage and getting into the spirit in full skeleton costume. the hightlight, definately..

didnt get to see shpongle as a) couldnt find the roon - well, couldnt be bothered to find it as knew it would be chaos inside...

bring on the dvd -anyone any footage of the trizza the big man????

thank you twisted!
trunksan

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 31, 2006 18:22
In short:

-serge was great (all the anthems)
-Hallucinogen was amazing as usual
-Prometheus was the only of the "modern" music that I enjoyed and it was good that everyone was at shpongle and the main room had some space
-Shpongle was quality but I should have stayed at prometheus
-Total eclipse was old-school to the core, sometimes it sounded cheesy but was great nonetheless
- Slinky wizard and transwave where crap (the few minute that i stayed in there)
-GNOTR i only heard half as my m8 was falling asleep and wanted to leave.

The rest I didn't hear, I agree with the guys above about the other problems
Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Nov 1, 2006 17:39
i gave this one a skip as, although i enjoyed the last one at seONE, it was just way too packed. one can't dance without being bumped into a thousand times, and have cigarettes flashed on one's face.

was this one any different?           difficile est non saturam scribere
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Nov 1, 2006 19:14
All I have to say is...that's what I call music
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Nov 1, 2006 19:45
of course that's the trade-off.. high quality music = huge crowds.           difficile est non saturam scribere
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Twisted Records :: 10 Year Anniversary :: Friday 27th October 2006 :: London
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance