Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Twilight Children (MMD records 2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Twilight Children (MMD records 2006)

Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Mar 3, 2006 18:33

1 Xatrix and Slug-Leopard Crawl
Starts off with a hard sounding acid loop that continues into the track. Around 1:50 is where things start getting more interesting. Kind of catchy little melody at 4:40. This is a solid track, but I don't see anything particularly special about it either.
2 Frozen Ghost- Redevil
Another good, if not terribly distinctive track.
3 Zion Linguists- You’re the Monster
Hard, acid scratchy sounding stuff. These first three tracks are fairly similar. Solid well built tracks, but not very unique. If you like South African full on, you will probably like these first three, if not, these tracks probably wont be the ones to win your heart.
4 The Lingust vs. The Cell- Prince of Darkness
This track is more distinctive. Really cool atmospheric sound coming in at around 0:30 is really cool, that loop gives this track a really unique feel.
5 Frozen Ghost- Half Breed
Wow this is one crazy blistering track. Something about the signature sound loop that comes in at 3:25-3:50 that reminds me of a goblin vomiting. In the last half of the track that sound comes in again combined with a very creepy, mysterious melody.
6 Excell- Public Chaos
Another solid but not very unique track.
7 Zion Lingust- SInister Funk
Nice loop (the one that starts at the beginning and goes till 1:15)! At 1:00 it takes on a very winding, snaking sound. Takes on a more standard full on sound like the first three trax with that loop I like coming back at 3:45. When the music comes back at 5:15 it comes back strong! This last 2 minutes is some sick peak of the party shit!
8 Hydraglyph- Corrupt Audio
Wow. Hands down my favorite track on this CD. The melody that comes in at 4:30 is deliciously haunting and beautiful. There is something about this melody that really gets at my soul, it makes me think of strange nighttime rituals taking place in a fantastical world. See my post for details- http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/81097/forum/1 Reminds me little of Dark Soho.
9- Lost and Found vs. Xatrix- Elestik Ice
Starts off a really cool funky sound. This track is hard to describe but it is very good, lots of finely tweaked sounds and stuff, pretty unique and cool. Has some lush Timecode like sounds at the end, a great way to end this very hard album, with a dash of lushness.

I like this album a lot. All of the tracks are good, and quite a few of them are really special (namely 4,5, 8,9 and the last 2 minutes of 7). If you like Timecode and South African darkside full on, you should not be without this. If you don't, at least give it a listen especially track 8. Props to MMD records for a good first release, looking forward to hearing more from this label. 8.75/10

Zion Llinguist - MMD Rec.
Zion Linguist

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 4, 2006 00:19
Hey Psycosmo...

Been waiting for someone t do a review! Glad u dig it, our next one is due in mid May, but will post more details on that soon.

Peace....
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Mar 4, 2006 14:44
really liked the frozen ghost and hydraglyph tracks. overall is a really great compilation. all killers and no fillers. heheheh. all the better for someone like me who enjoys south african twilight music . is really nice to see another label from south africa. great compilation and my luck to them for their future releases .           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
etnarama
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Mar 4, 2006 15:10
A V/A that rocks, South African Psy is wreking the world....           Visit me
http://www.myspace.com/etnarama
http://www.myspace.com/luxbuna
http://www.myspace.com/outerspacecreations
http://www.visionrecords.co.uk/
Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Mar 6, 2006 04:20
Superb smashin' twilight comp. indeed Mighty good job ya did Laurence Personal favourites are the Frozen Ghost tracks, Hydraglyph and Lost 'n Found vs. Xatrik.....more of this kinda cookie plzzzzzzzzzzz !!!
          Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
cosmic_natraja
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 09:26
wats happend to Xatrik man...?? he has totally come up wid new killler killer style..."leopard crawl" just writing these words pump my head with blood...hehe...absolutly crazy piece of work..

Who is zion linguist & lost and found.......never heard their work b4 this compilation!! but hearing them i know their not new...no ones matures sooo fast in mastering those kinda sounds!! congrats

PLUR,
gautam
psycho_raver@hotmail.com
          Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...
zakesm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Mar 18, 2006 16:02
if u like SA trance u will love this! saw lost and found and xatrik last week and will see zion linguist and frozen ghost on april 1. the zion and frozen tracks are hardcore dancefloor destroyers. very tasty.
HanBaal

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 24, 2006 07:24
SA is wrecking the world indeed! Was already a BIG fan of Shift, Phyx, Slug, Tickets & company, but now the list is geting bigger and bigger

Hydraglyph's track is something outta this world, better than any in his recent album "Kinetic" imho. Wished some more of this stuff was in it...

Frozen Ghost's and Zion Linguist's tracks are also BIG bombs! Keep it coming SA!!

Favs: 2(!!), 3(!!!), 4(!!), 5(!!!), 7(!!!), 8(!!!!), 9(!)

b m!
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Mar 24, 2006 08:10
Hydraglyph Rulz in this compilation.... to ya...

Xatrik is making some killer tunes           0x00000PSy
sketi

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 28, 2006 03:23
fat fucking VA indeed - one of the most consistant released lateley...track 1 xatrik & slug rocks my fucking socks off!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 20, 2007 16:12
Excellent stuff indeed. I got this only recently and I must say it's been blasting aways in my system for some time now. I like all tracks, but especially tracks 4,5 and 6 stand out for me
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
DJSarasin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jan 22, 2007 18:55
Zion Linguist is Lawrence of South Africa.

Lost & Found is Gerhard....also of South Africa.

Killer....innit?

Beartrap - SA

www.myspace.com/djsarasin
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beartrap-Productions/35950216057
DJ SET DOWNLOAD:
www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiWqeyTf0Uk
chapodelic

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 27, 2007 01:53
frozen ghost is also from south africa...
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jan 29, 2007 04:07
reallly super compilation man
love the psychedelic south african twilight monsters

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Apr 4, 2007 17:12
Listening to this again today, but I must say it's a great compilation. MMD have only had stellar compilations so far, Erratic Distortion was great too. Even the new Zion Linguist album is pretty good. I haven't listened to that a lot yet though. Maybe I'll post a review of it in the future. For now, let me just say Twilight Children is the bomb. One of the best compilations from 2006 I think.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Twilight Children (MMD records 2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance