Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  Music Reviews - TRI-Force - Entrance to Reality 2005 Elf Music
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

TRI-Force - Entrance to Reality 2005 Elf Music

Jikkenteki
Jikkenteki

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Aug 20, 2005 12:27
TRI-Force - Entrance to Reality
Elf Music 2005 DDCE-4009

01 - Layerd Oscillation
02 - Aquasphere
03 - Trance Personal Waves
04 - Spectral Breeze
05 - Interstellar Harmonics
06 - Dream Circulation
07 - Longing / Love -Moondance Remix-
08 - Oncoming Oriental Transformers

Elf Music is back with another solid CD, this time from TRI-Force, who was previously featured on their "After 10 Years of Japanese Trance" compilation. This time around the emphasis is a little less on the "psy" and more on the "trance" with this airy, somewhat progressive work. This album reminds me of a mixture of the better parts of the old school progressive trance vibe of about 5 years ago (not to be confused with the new subgenre of gprogressiveh which is utterly different) with some strong psy touches, especially in the bass, kicks and track construction.

Layerd Oscillation starts us off with some heavy melodic work that sets the tone for the album. Lots of melody and nothing to too distorted or filtered and pitch shifted to death. Aquasphere is next and gives us some nice ethnic intro action before jumping back into the fray and gating the hell out of those same bits later on.

Trance Personal Waves gets things shaking a little more mixing some traditional clean and glittery progressive trance moods and melodies with some more modern crazy psy-influenced flybys and effects. Nice stuff. Spectral Breeze is next and is a hair dark with its big bass sonic blobs in the beginning. This track could go full-on, but TRI-Force again chooses clean glittering synth sounds rather than zippy distorted ones and off we go soaring again.

Interstellar Harmonics you might know as the great start off track to Elf Music's "After 10 Years of Japanese Trance" compilation. As was the case then, it is a great track, 'nuff said. Dream Circulation starts off a hair hard and dirty before going into full attack mode on the big airy progressive trance sounds. Full on psy fans might find this cheesy, but I love it.

Longing / Love -Moondance Remix has a lot of full on psy sounds going on between the bass and kick and the crazy flyby effects, but this ain't your usual full on by any means. We even get treated to some major piano action in the second half of the track. Finally we have Oncoming Oriental Transformers closing out the album. Again we have this sort of "modern full on" background used for more clean progressive sounding trance sound going on. Things get built up to full boil at the end with lots of fairly dense melodic action.

I'm sure lots of full on and psy purists will argue that this release maybe shouldn't be here and is boring, too cheesy, and generally not "killah" enough, but I say the hell with that. I say ignore your subgenre addictions and give this a shot because this is just good trance purely in "trance" terms. As a psy-trance fan, I might not listen to this all the time, but its definitely high on the list when I want something a little less crazy but still keeps the feet moving. Especially recommended for those who like uplifting vibes and melody. Not recommended for those who only listen to dark distorted stuff.
          New Album: Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infinity
Available for free at http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/jikkenteki-flights-of-infinity/
PAR-2 Productions http://www.par-2.com
saikedelik

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 17, 2005 07:57
TRI-FORCE
Entrance To Reality

The first album of Tri-Force, is a very well thought and build journey into heartful trance ...
The trip starts with a progressive morning trance with smart sounds distribution.
Then it continues its trend into a wider aural spectrum allowing us to enjoy the beauty of trance.
A lot of passage are made of uplifting leimotiv increasing the sensation on being on a movie-like trip.
Also, a beautiful remix integration of a classical piano master piece by George Winston is to be noted.
What a pleasure to listen to such an album, can not wait to hear it live, and better live outside in the morning ...
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Sep 17, 2005 20:24
Entrance To Reality is the debut album of Yoshinori Saito from Tokyo, he wrote all tracks, except T.6 which is a remix of a track from George Winston. The mastering was done by Tatsuya Kase & the graphic design is by Masaki Obari.

1. Opening on a quite long & sweet morning muffled intro upto 125, then a quite discret rythmic appears with a round kick. Since the intro your brain will be hooked by the morning floating layer & harmony, from 206 theres a little tip for the background rythmic made of sounds close a repairman hitting on something. The atmosphere is like a wonderful wake up, thanks to your open window you can already smell the morning dew on the roses (the melodic lead from 220) copled with an imminent sunrise (at 320 with the voice sample fx). At 410, the content gets slightly more clubby but results still a lot acceptable, little by little all your senses set
up back to their optimized possibilities. From 620 your energy bar is full, youre now ready for a full day fill in with mental & physical activities.

2. Water drops & didgeridoo (performed by Nata) constitute this mysterious intro, quite long once again upto 157, whereas the rythmic elements,a bit more smashing, have already appeard since 110. The kick is very round though. A very far spatial layer opens the harmonic part, soon followed by several elements, reinforcing the lost & cosmic floating feeling. The coming of the didgeridoo at 319 is a but unexpected & incongruous for me nevertheless from a pure japanese musical conception it doesnt surprised me as much after all (i mean japanese oftenly make & experiment weird mixing tones compared to more classical european sounding approach in their productions).
All along the tune you may noticed a little sparkling sounding like an instantaneous fairy appearance (for example at 208 ) to guide through out space in the good direction.
From 535 the track evolves to an happier sonic unniverse part compared to the didgeridoo one, the melody makes me think to a little facetious cartoonish character dancing by jumping from one feet to another describing a circle.

3. This time no big intro, direct to more night dancing coloration of course the speed is faster, the rythmic more kickin & the tones results too a bit less polish, at least at first upto 213. The melodic lead comes then & Tri-Force , as i already explained before, like to surf on the edge with some more clubby elements from time to time. Thats slightly the case with this lead but its more obvious with the one at 436 in a slighty sour way, but nothing cheesy for me. A break made of samples Give me one rythmn please write Trance Personnal Waves ,Welcome to reality with a slightly robotized voice occurs from 528 upto 558.
Then the cyber-robotic feeling of the voice is kept with the following harmony & the squeaning rawly hacked tone upto 653. Time to let place for a 120 outro still in the cosmic floating & im bit lost in the outerspace way but im having strong fun.

4. The sound of the intro is typical for me from the basket playing, i mean the sound produced by the baskets on the wooden area while running &changing direction. The kick gets one more time louder here. Theres some fairy loops illuminating the tune from 134. Upto 334. Time for a progresively floating break made of the remaining fairy loop letting place to a magic up & down going carillon & backgrounded woman voice layer. The rythmic retstart at 508 with the pre-quoted elementes. The track wins in density with a melodic lead at 600 unfortunatly i find it to be too clubby-cheesy this time, hopefully it doesnt last longly (hardly a minute). Then theres the come-back of the fairy loops at 654 that have vanished earlier for a nice sweat progressive outro.

5. The intro let think that this tune will more look like to Trance Personnal Waves & thats what happens : a more night dancing atmosphere, or maybe grey cloudy should i say, embellish with more boisterous tones. The spirit with Tri-Force still keep cosmic floating exploration like with this layer at 202. Its another nice spatial trip without doubt more energic & shifting though, like especially from 602. Just close your eyes & switch on your brain

6. This one is a step forward into the clubby sphere announcing the clubby climax of the album with the next track. Very limit on the edge with proof of the melodic lead at 213 that really sounds clubby-puffing to my eardrums. The backgrounded morning floating harmonies are still present & the tune gets a bit more chiseled after 300, even if some noticeable clubby trademarks remain as some drumrolls at 425, 450 & the big one at 540 in guise of break. At this moment (306) the melodic part is kinda slighty sour rain falling over you. After the break at 515 & the restart, youve got some typical psychedelic hacked autotuned voice as a melodic part at 645.

7. I dont like too much this one coz its a just remix , so it means it doesnt receall all Tri-Force trademarks for me. Indeed its just too way clubby for me thats all, just check as main example the piano part at 430 and at 615 in order that youll be able to make yourself an opinion about it. So i skip it.

8. Last one with a pumping structure, posseeds an undeniable positively happy energic & bouncing melody from 120. This must be the first time in the album i have this impress of a fat bass sustaining the whole construction & also about so much musical power in a Tri-Forces tune, check it at 2 50 for example. The tune textures gets very rich around 300 then comes back to more lightess progresively upto the floating break at 400. Around 530 a more clubby synth is added but as mentionned before, the whole content is already very rich so it doesnt bother me here, taken me away inside the big musical Tri-Force tornado ; same thing later on even if this time it is more noticeable with the melodic lead.

Favorites :All except 7.

If you arent allergic to some clubby influences mixed with floating morning melodies & harmonies, Tri-Force is probably as strong as Phi (from Elf-Music also), even maybe a little better but in a different style.

8,5/10 Recommended
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Sep 29, 2005 12:04
Tri-Force Entrance To Reality

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/bhbhm

Artist: Tri-Force (Japan)
Title: Entrance To Reality
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: ELF Music (Japan)
Cat. #: DDCE-4009
Distribution: QQS/Wirikuta
Date: 7 September 2005

Track listing:

01. 0925 Layered Oscillation
02. 0820 Aquasphere
03. 0824 Trance Personal Waves
04. 0856 Spectral Breeze
05. 0823 Interstellar Harmonics
06. 0859 Dream Circulation
07. 0947 Longing / Love (Moondance Remix)
08. 1116 Oncoming Oriental Transformers

Review:

Balearic, progressive neo trance

The Japanese label ELF Music has released some excellent material over the last year: The Phi album, the Hydro Generator album + the brilliant compilation After 10 Years Of Japanese Trance All class CDs And now, heres the debut album from Tokoy-based Tri-Force - Sha-A (Yoshinori Saito) My knowledge of this guys achievements is limited, but I do know that he had a clubby track on the compilation mentioned above He also had a track on the 2003 Deja Vu Records compilation Zen, but I havent heard that one Anyway, from what I can gather this guys style is somewhat less psytrancy than weve come to expect from ELF Music I guess its time for some Japanese hybrid trance!

Let me take you thru the tracks

#01: Layered Oscillation
Woow this intro totally caught me by surprise I was expecting fluffy, club-music but what we get here is kinda distorted, filtered, clean experimental trance Layered, minimal, distilled and the wonderful melodies make sure its still uplifting Oh yeah, this might have clubby elements, but as a whole this is pretty damn fine Half-way through were treated to a progressive rhythm section too Thats right, we go from minimal, over melodic to progressive trance and back again! All in one track Hybrid trance for sure and nice hybrid trance too!

#02: Aquasphere
Again the intro is very anti-fluff here Sounds like Ultimae chill complete with a didgeridoo and digital drops After a couple of minutes a heavily filtered bassline is introduced alongside some synth-action The high-pitched, dreamy melodies sneak their way in, creating a very harmonic, uplifting yet somehow minimal track Melodic trance with uncomplicated little twists and twirls and with definite hints of progressive Its all very well-polished and nice, but Im already starting too loose interest Im afraid

#03: Trance Personal Waves
Give me one beatPlease ride those trance personal waves Welcome to reality! Finally some tempo! Yeah, we launch straight into a banging kick-drum on this one This is still very much commercial trance, but the psy-link is becoming more evident now Again, this is a hybrid of styles ranging from trance, psytrance, electro to progressive trance Pretty banging and happening Good, but not amazing

#04: Spectral Breeze
Once again the psy-link is evident, and were close to crossing over into regular full-on here Synth-flavoured electro bits and pieces are all over the place, as are nifty little, twirling melodies Half-way through theres a big, phat progressive rhythm section creating a pretty groovy atmosphere Somewhere in between ber-fluffy full-on and uplifting progressive trance Not bad at all

#05: Interstellar Harmonics
This track was already released on the 2004 ELF Music compilation After 10 Years Of Japanese Trance so Im just gonna copy/paste my review from that one This is a very harmonic, floating melodic track Long, atmospheric, drifting pads with epic qualities Kinda reminds me of the first 3-4 tracks of the 12 Moons album Solid State released by Candyflip in 2004 It would fit right in on an Ibiza-compilation Its kinda clubby, though with a distinct psy-trance edge Its nice and well-produced, but still a tad too well-polished for my taste But then again, on this album its one of the better tracks!

#06: Dream Circulation
A murky intro here somehow foreseeing whats about to happen Well, kinda! Drum experimentation, atmospheric pads, static hissing and soon enough were in a strange, housy, progressive trance-hybrid of a track Cool! Also the spiralling little synth-melodies are tasty! Twirling, acid-emulation Neat! Sadly the track shifts back into well-polished, Balearic trance later But the first half is cool and the second has its moments too ;o)

#07: Longing / Love (Moondance Remix)
This track was originally composed by some dude called George Winston and this is the Tri-Force remix But yeah, this is more ecstatic, uplifting, joyous, commercial club-trance with elements from psy both sound-wise and structure-wise Loads of cheesy stuff here someone honk the cheddar alarm! The Robert Miles-like dreamy outro is kinda cool, but it goes on forever Overkill!

#08: Oncoming Oriental Transformers
Again this is pretty standard, club-trance with psyish elements But this one is actually less fluffy and has more bangin parts! It breaks down nice with spacy stabs and then builds up again a real commercial crowd-pleaser Crowd-pleasing is not bad per se, this is just too Ibiza for me Decent track!

Well, forget about psychedelia on this one Or rather, think cross-over trance! No matter how you twist and turn it; this *is* commercial club-trance in essence On the plus side, Tri-Force never pretended to be psy-trance he just borrows elements from psytrance and progressive trance Sadly borrowing alone doesnt always cut it and coming from a psytrance background Im not overly impressed by this album Its all very, very well-produced and its uplifting as fuck Unfortunately, thats not what my doctor ordered!

But, we do get some very distinct influences from both psy-trance, minimal and progressive trance here and thats what makes this album stand out from just-another-commercial-trance-release After all it is released on ELF Music and it sure has its moments but Im afraid those really awesome moments are just too scarce for my taste! As mentioned before, this crosses well over into commercial trance realms, so fans of clubby hybrid trance will have a field-day with this one Enjoy!

Favourites: 1, 4, 6

DeathPosture

External links:
ELF Music: http://www.elf-music.net
Amazon Japan: http://tinyurl.com/7aos9
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/adsut
Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/9qqvz
Cisco: http://tinyurl.com/drv34           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
saikedelik

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 23, 2005 09:36
It's been released now:

Psyshop :
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/elf/elf1cd009.html
Saiko Sounds :
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5171
Beatspace :
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=2352
Juno Records :
http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/199273-01.htm
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Nov 23, 2005 09:41
I like it. It's melodic in a good way and dares to be so in a time where most releases favor more minimalistic acidlines and occassional padsounds. It's just like Jikkenteki (good review by the way) says: what the hell. It's just good trance. So, listen to some samples... and maybe, just maybe... you WILL like it. To me it proves melodic trance is still alive and kicking. Thumbs up to Tri-Force for making some.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Fatali
Fatali

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 23, 2005 10:16
heard Yoshinori live few weeks ago for the 1st time and i must say i was very surprised..
realy trippy stuff and he sure did a great job on the dancefloor , keep up Elf crew and all the best for Yoshinori and all of your other projects.

my fav track from this album is "Dream Circulation" for sure! i want more of this one..

all the best

Eitan.

ELF music
Elf Music

Started Topics :  24
Posted : May 9, 2006 16:49
Thank you for your great words...Eitan!

"Spectral Breeze"(Track 4 in album) was licensed by compilation "Goa Vol.15" released from Yellow Sunshine Explosion.
http://www.discogs.com/release/667079            Far East Technology
www.elf-music.net
Shimmer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 10, 2006 10:42
I am still loving this album!

Longing / Love is still a pleasure to listen to!

Anymore like this on the horizon?           _______________________________-______________________________
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
Trance Forum  Forum  Music Reviews - TRI-Force - Entrance to Reality 2005 Elf Music

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance