Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - trancing while helping
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

trancing while helping

dimitrilentryptamine
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jan 16, 2014 18:05:49
hey guys... i have this idea floating in my brain cortex since some time...as i thought to create my own digital label, i thought to do something better, everybody can open a free netlabel these days, but not so many people think they can sell the music or just ask for donations to help poor or disadvantaged people around the globe. so for this i thought to create a netlabel releasing good quality psychedelic music, but donating all the cash gained with the releases for charity( i think there was another label that made something like dat, they made also the physical cd, but i don't think i can afford something like this, or anyway not right now). so i want to ask you if you know some good charity companies, for good i mean that i must be sure that sending cash to them means all the cash i send is given in charity, not like 20% as lot of evil companies do... then i also would like to know if somebody knows what is the law of beatspace for this kind of things or if it's better to make a direct connection and let the donations be directly sent to the charity group's credit profile or something... hope somebody could give me some advice!!! cheerz
COMET SHELL
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Jan 16, 2014 21:28
i think its a great idea and wish you the best of luck with your good vibrations. if i had money to give to a charity i would give it go greenpeace as they are really making a diffrence in a very important issue.

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/

knocz

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jan 16, 2014 23:03
Hey Timmy great idea!

As you know, I'm more than up for this, and I can build you another web site if needed or give you a hand on where it's needed

But, regarding charity, I think you must be registered as a charity company somewhere, specially in the USA.. there are tons of stories of different payment sites that basically block you account (and freeze all your money) because of many "charity scam companies" that want to evade taxation.

Solution? Host it somewhere outside of the USA, and not have any connections.

But, what could be done is reuse the charities donation link: in order to download a release, a user must click and do a donation - there could also be the option to not donate too.

Now for which charities.. my bet would be try to avoid all the big and medium names out there, and try to find small institutions - say, find some children with special needs house in some remote location (a small town lets say in Greece), and speak with them on how you could set this up and send them money. I'm sure most of it would be put into good use.

Man this is a great idea           Super Banana Sauce http://www.soundcloud.com/knocz
Padmapani

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 17, 2014 05:40
i'm not sure if this will work. the netlabels i know that put out quality psytrance barely break even or operate on losses. there are expenses for mastering/cover art/hosting/... and sales usually aren't that good.

anyway, best of luck and hopefully this works out for you.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - trancing while helping

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance