Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - TRANCE IS DEAD?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

TRANCE IS DEAD?

vafl

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 22, 2016 03:04:15
What do you think?
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Apr 22, 2016 23:04
it has became a more rare experience but it is not over.

but it has become very difficult to find a party with names that i know. may be you know this feeling: you don't attend festivals for some years and then something in your life happens to reestablish your need of trance and then you really want to go and spend a night in trance. unfortunately, you don't do it, because all partys around list names you never heard of. it is probably the new generation. so you just keep hoping to see a party with decent names, more than three on a line up, to get you out of your flat...but i would not call this dead. it is a kind of sustained animation.
Blubberbert

Posted : Apr 23, 2016 12:24
The scene is alive and has been growing ever since I attended to my first party 20 years ago. As for the parties visit psytrancefestivals.com psy is BIG on a global scale. For the music. Everything is still there and has even grown: goatrance, fullon psytrance, twilight, experimental, dark, proggy aso. So what changed? The local scenes for one. People alienate from what they are used to when they attend their first parties.(If they run a major label they might release a VA entitled R.I.P and then return 15 years later admitting they were wrong. If they are even more frustrated and short sighted and a major Producer they might even post a rude video entitled "why pstrance is shit" listing techniques, the used in their own tracks over and over.)
In northern germany, where I live it changed from goa to a progtrance clubculture in the late 90ies, was kinda refreshed in parts by the psytrancewave of the first y2k decade went back to prog and now is influenced from the prog/fullon fusion that is currently mainstream musicwise.With all of that changes part of the crowd and organizers, the overall appearance changed, too. Also recordshops, places to meet,key websites, ways of communication, distribution change. Change is a key feature of life.

What was true at all times: YOU are the creator- every party will be as great as you want it to be if your willing to invest and bring your joy and love to it, even tell organizers what you want... no good music? Show em what great music sounds like. No chill ? Wtf! Tell em: this will lead to lack of communication and people flip out on drqs because they need that to get through the night you and eventually they will piss and shit on your dancefloor you noob! ;-D Then go to some spot declaring it to be the new chill. Dont tolerate sexism racism rude behaviour near you. Hug someone. Make em laugh.

Meanwhile Keep Calm and Trance on. (You ll do that as a matter of fact 80% of your live anyway)

Cheers

btw moki, are you moki**** from mushroom forum back in the daze?

moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 27, 2016 02:52
Yes, Northern Germany is definitely still alive. Whatever alive means. I mentioned that there are rarely decent line ups nowadays, then checked the party listings for the next two weeks and saw a very decent line up:
https://www.goabase.net/festival/psychedelic-experience-open-air-festival-2016/74114

You see. But it is a bit far from Hamburg. I mean, nowadays Berlin is often acknowledged as the party capital of Europe, not only for trance but for all different perspectives of night life - especially because it is cheap and it is full of international visitors who simply want to enjoy life and be free. But Berlin is way more main stream alternative, if it can be called like this, ways more focused on night party life than on the music itself - as a general description of course.

This is the Berlin feeling. But at the end of the day it all began around Hamburg - the whole psychedelic trance seed in Northern Germany to put it humble, probably Hamburg infected much more places on earth though. In Hamburg there are hundreds of ex freaks who were once a part of the scene and now only make sound far away from party happenings, or chill out in the forests, or spend lots of time in other continents, or simply stay with one foot steadily in life and with the other in nostalgy.

To me, nostalgy is not that present at the moment as it used to be. Change in life, losing one thing to free the door for the next thing, this is the nature of life. As a matter of fact, the trance culture is even one of the most stable interests in my life - it is always still there in moments when the whole other world breaks apart, for example after relationships crash. Trance has been so to say my fellow traveller for so many years. People come and go, cities change, jobs come and leave, enjoyment or feelings of bliss arise and fall, but trance is there. Still with you in one form or another.

So I actually can imagine to go and trance again. Which is a good thing and it feels right. And yes, mushroom forum back in the daze, yes this was me I guess...A whole circle has been rotated since then - love trance , then find it boring, then be full desillusionment, then hate it, then leave it, then miss it and sink into nostalgy and then reach again the beginning and find it interesting again....I mean, why not? Is there a better thing to do instead? What if there is the possibility to reassemble all best charakteristics of trance form the past, then seed a karmic plant into your brain and then enjoy it in a more wise way again...

Of course, if only there would be a decent line up nearer to Hamburg But this one above is of course an option too, after all Hamburg Berlin is a distance that lots of people take every week to work and back (like me for instance). May be thats why I am tired of distances.
krikett

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Apr 27, 2016 06:11
It's not dead... This forum is quiet though... Alas!!! D:
Blubberbert

Posted : Apr 27, 2016 12:56
Sorry for OT:

@moki that one is alot nearer and sounds like fun. Also two great fullon and two great progtrance liveacts .... as well as mat on the decks.

https://www.goabase.net/party/stampf-in-den-mai-u-recken-phaxe-klopfgeister-spirit-architect-live/88656
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 27, 2016 23:59
Quote:

On 2016-04-27 12:56, Blubberbert wrote:
Sorry for OT:

Also two great fullon and two great progtrance liveacts .... as well as mat on the decks.

https://www.goabase.net/party/stampf-in-den-mai-u-recken-phaxe-klopfgeister-spirit-architect-live/88656

Yes, I threw a glimpse at this one too. And for those who don't know Lübeck, this is a beautiful historic hanseatic city with loads of old architecture and a traditional northern european flair. Besides, the sea is just around the corner, fascinating swimming pools with sauna and wellness to enjoy life. Lübeck is definitely a good place for trancing.

And btw I think I never saw Mat Mushroom on the decks for 20 years now...May be you have some other recommendations for a meet up around Hamburg, feel welcome to p.m.

As far as the dead forum is concerned: and so what? It is a good place to come faster to conversation...
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 28, 2016 00:15
And btw as we are talking about Mat , I remeber to mention that I can only recommend to you to enjoy the spring edition of mushroom magazine, especially if you feel that trance is involved in any form of dying. It is definitely not.
http://www.mushroom-magazine.com/read/

As always very inspiring, I have a deep respect for what the mushroom crew has been doing in the last 20 years, inspiring hundreds of people to grasp the very idea of enjoying life...It is an extraordinary service to the community that cannot be desribed in a single post. I would say, as far as the mushroom mag is still hitting and heading to change the world, trance would never dissapear..And I really love the way they write articles for the scene- sometimes this very ironic subtle way to say wake up, we have a job to do, we have a mission, a task of a lifetime, to change the planetary social frames of reference, to stop the alienation among souls and reassemble the lightning moments of truth in a community of people who enjoy life, take care of their surroundings, struggle agains the devastating politics of destruction, poverty, egoism, and seed the karmic plant into the minds of people. Yes, I really love mushroom magazine...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - TRANCE IS DEAD?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance