Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tranan- Restarter (Solstice 2005)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tranan- Restarter (Solstice 2005)

Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Mar 1, 2006 11:26
1) Starts off with a very nice gentle build up. Interesting sounds. Levels off but stays interesting and continues to develop. Never gets very fast or hard, but a nice solid, danceable track. Gets pretty psychedelic by the end.
2) Very Goa atmospherics and melody, the percussion is pretty light, like on most of the tracks here, but interesting with some kind of techey drum patterns along side the classic Goa riffs. One of my favorite tracks on the album.
3) Cool flute intro. Some very nice goa-ish sounds used in more full-on psytrance kind of way. Quite psychedelic, not all that fast, but has a solid groove to it, and definitely builds up to a nice peak. I like the bassline a lot, the logic bomb roots can definitely be heard there.
Perfect morning track. Definitely a fun track to dance too, at least while warming up. It has lots of fun little elements to keep the hands and feet busy.
4) Very happy track. If you think happy=cheeze you definitely wont like this but I think the “e-builds” are tastefully used. Later on some acid gets added to the e-builds to great auditory candyflip effect.
5) One of the more percussive tracks on this album. Gets more melodic at the end. Good track, but not one of the more exciting ones on here.
6) Starts off a little mournful sounding. A slightly housey beat comes in, but gets more psychedelic later on. Not a badly done track, but not very interesting either.
7) Nice acoustic guitar loop. Several false starts before the kick finally comes in at 1:45. This track has some interesting percussion with an echoed hihat/metalliic maracca type thing over the kick. Nice variation on the standard kick-hihat combo. Very cool mysterious sounding melody comes in at 5:30. The ending is absolutely gorgeous. This is one of the better tracks.
8) I like the beginning a lot with its long, drawn out flute notes. Nice trippy distorted melody comes in around 4:10. Another really good track.
9) Starts off with some soft, swirling, spacey atmospherics. Distorted percussion and then a slow but heavy kick comes in. The high pitched percussion in this track is very trippy with the way it is distorted, it has a cool-dirty kind of sound. The acid sounds come in around 3:00 they are nothing unique, but well done. What happens starting at 4:30 is really pretty. I really like the way this guy uses melodies.
10) Very beautiful track, really nice gentle flutes and harps. Makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside.

This is a very good release. The tracks aren't very fast or hard (not at all), but would sound great either on the build-up of a night or as post-sunrise morning tracks. The tracks are all very well produced, very clean sound, very goa-flavored. In the beautiful, delicate flower sounding Goa way. Plenty of psychedelic goodness to be found here. The tracks change a lot, and each one is a unique experience. Big compliments to this album for tasteful use of elements that are cheesy when crafted by less skilled hands. Certainly no peak of the night madness, but everybody needs some slower stuff in their collection, and this CD is a very good choice for that. Probably would be good music to calm you down if your having a difficult trip. Well done, 8.75/10.
Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 1, 2006 12:46
Nice to see tranan finally got reviewed.
One of the best morning trance releases from last year or even in years imo.
Brilliant soundscape and intelligent story telling...
Yes, the tracks are vrey well produced and super clean sounds...nicely crafted!
"e-builds"?? I thought that such magnificent melody would be too gorgeous for the rolling people...
          Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Mar 1, 2006 16:29
How's the "z-man"'s album compared? This is a album to buy, for sure
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Mar 1, 2006 22:29
Tranan > Z-Man
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 1, 2006 23:55
Quote:

On 2006-03-01 22:29, basilisk wrote:
Tranan > Z-Man

Well said. This, to me at least, is miles above Z-Man. Whereas the Z-Man album loses itself in vocals and cheesy stuff, the Tranan album sounds more like Logic Bomb and sounds all the more interesting for it. Not world shattering, but a nice release. Buy-worthy for sure.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Mar 2, 2006 09:59
great album -- actually too good to describe the experience in words .. this album does wonders to me physiologically !!           missing plug-in
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Mar 2, 2006 10:41
i really liked the atmosphere in this album. Its a nice cd to play at home or during sunrise. Perfect melodies.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Mar 2, 2006 11:31
Thanks Acidhive. The Tranan album is in my shopping cart. =)
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 2, 2006 21:22
One of my favourite artists... and this album doesn't disappoint!

Very good... especially 'Compilation Stimulation' which is excellent!

Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
keyop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Apr 13, 2006 19:04
I've had my socks blown off by this album quite a few times now.

Top notch psy-trance.
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Oct 7, 2006 23:58
Fantastic album.
Right now I'm haing a real good time, enjoying this album saturday night!
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Oct 18, 2006 09:02
I recently rediscovered this album, it grew on me a lot in the time we were separated, all the tracks are really strong, even 6, which is still my least favorite. All the rest are my favorites. I definatly think I was too cool in my wording reviewing this.

I think I'd up my rating to 9.5 or 10
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tranan- Restarter (Solstice 2005)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance