Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - TOX - D Compilation (Spliff Music, May, 2005)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

TOX - D Compilation (Spliff Music, May, 2005)

lazy_i
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : May 24, 2005 22:44
Artist: Various
Title: Tox - D Compilation
Format: CD
Label: Spliff Music
Cat. #: SPLCD005
Distribution: Psyshop
Date: May, 2005

“TOX is Tom shoval (24) & Orel shapira (23) , both from Haifa , north of Israel .
Tom & Orel both comes from Rock genere & both have professional experience for minimum 8 years . They are living at "Qiryat yam" (haifa).
Tom was a member in a rock music group. (he also created rap music). Orel came from the techno music .
Orel studied playing professionally some tools like : piano, guitar, drums and spanish guitar...
They hace collaborate to ''TOX'' in early 2003.
Both , Tom & Orel already have solo psy compositions since 1998. TOM have released a few tracks in "KREMBO RECORDS" (R.I.P) under the name "T.O.M"...
OREL have realesed a few tracks in ''STAR JELI RECORDS'' under the name ''TALISMAN''.” (taken from spliff-music.com)

Spliff has yet to deceive me as they walk on a completely different path than other labels- unique style, influenced by many many genres.

1. LIQUID ON SAFI - Child of the beat (metal edit)
2. TOX - Nor3
3. ELEC3 - Passwords
4. TOX - L Bit
5. OVERLAP - Romantic moment
6. CYCLE SPHERE - Distorted feedbacks
7. LIQUID PHASE - Special K
8. XSI - The last breath
9. ALTERNATIVE CONTROL - DNA
10. CRYSTAL VISIONS - City of elixir

1. Liquid on Safi –Child Off The Beat (metal edit)
Starts out with avery Safi-like bass-line; groovy as hell. The track reminds me a lot of the song these two did together on the Propaganda compilation. The guitar is quite dreamy otherwise the track itself is in the style of Safi’s last album.

2. Tox – Nor3
Deep base, pretty groovy. Some electric guitars that sound a bit fake but still effective and some great work on the percussion side. Mechanical structure but in the end it’s an effective track; nice morning vibrations. I’ll be wanting to hear some more from these guys.

3. Elec3 - Passwords
They quickly get you into the system- you seem to be stuck in sticky position, no password perhaps until you come across it and it’s smooth sailing. Dreamy track but in the end not my favorite although it does have it’s interesting moments as well as great percussion work.

4. Tox – L Bit
great intro, groovy melody and robotic feast in a funky kind of way. I love this one, the best so far. The build-up is amazing and the gets you completely absorbed in the positive vibes. Reminds me of older Israeli tracks from about 6 years ago.

5. Overlap – Romantic Moment
very light and soft, it feels like a massage the way they play with the sounds and indeed your head too! There’s something about it that reminds me of Etnica although I can’t be sure what; maybe the way you are made to dance with the quick breaks and funky acid sounds.

6. Cycle Sphere – Distorted Feedback
surprising start, you find yourself at the top of a mountain and scared to jump down – you do go finally and the elements around you speak when you close your eyes. You grow wings and fly away with trancey melodies. It is a pretty interesting tracks and so far one of my favourites from these guys.

7. Liquid Phase – Special K
The famous K and its deep hole… this K trip is a smooth one, almost too melodious and beautiful to be real. Clever change-ups and I feel in a very funky fairy tale now expecting to run into many weird psychedelic beings I have never seen. The bass line reminds me a lot of Safi although in a different way and less groovy. Too good, such a happy feeling listening to it- it is pleasure morning music with a sexy touch; playful and easy-riding.

8. XSI – The Last Breath
Powerful track but in the end nothing so special. I just couldn’t get into this one. There are some nice ideas but it felt a bit cheesy and not so original- great production work though.

9. Alternative Control – DNA
The pace picks up here with Alternative Control and a groovy track. A good track with some nice morning sounds, sounds like music from a space safari.

10. Crystal Visions – City of Elixir
Very trippy singing woman to kick it off- sounds emotional and damn beautiful. A great warm-up to the cosy feeling of this track. Dream-like, psychedelic adventures told on a beat’s drop - great way to end this compilation and additionally a great track to wrap up a nice late-morning DJ set.

Conclusion – very nice compilation here, surprising as well as the quality of the music seems to be better and better for Spliff. The beginning of the comp is more electro-rock and the towards the end, things go into fairy dimensions and trancey head-massages. The whole thing wrapped in morning attire. Great job TOX.

Favorite tracks: 2, 4!!!, 5, 6!!, 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 10

www.frakasound.com

....i am not sure why....
----i am not sure how----
....it just happened....
AbsolutZero(D.V.M.)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  199
Posted : May 29, 2005 17:55
great i have the cd from a friend and i wasn't have the track list
thnks mate           [b]osobuko/b]
http://www.landmark-recordings.com/absolut_zero.html
http://www.myspace.com/absolutzero_or
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-AbsolutZero/147091981997578
kinjo

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 31, 2005 02:13
A beautifully compiled CD
The sound of Alternative Control is what I like the most in this compilation.
I have to Admit that TOX a very good 2
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - TOX - D Compilation (Spliff Music, May, 2005)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance