Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tour De Trance (Neurobiotic Records, 2011)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tour De Trance (Neurobiotic Records, 2011)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Sep 9, 2011 20:01:55
Tour De Trance

Neurobiotic Records, 2011

1. Avalon, Waio & Cyrus The Virus - Transitions
2. Earthling & Touch Tone - Vasseyva (feat. Justin Chaos & Hemi Sync)
3. Silicon Sound & Sonic Species - Doomsday Hit
4. Sonic Species - Drums At Dawn (Zen Mechanics Rmx)
5. M-Theory - Woodbox
6. Dickster - One And Together
7. Screenagers - Take Control
8. Edoardo - Safe Landing
9. Silicon Sound feat. DJ Psychotrop - Unsophisticated

I was very excited when I saw the announcement of the compilation at Psyshop, but soon my enthusiasm dropped when I remembered the poor form which Neurobiotic Records has been displaying for some time now. Also the disappointment connected with compilations like "Tokyo 5 am" was relatively fresh - compilations which looked impressive from the line-up side, but poorly as far as their musical content is concerned. However, seeing such a great team of people like Dickster and Silicon Sound I thought to myself that it might not be so bad. Indeed. Although the compilation is not some kind of an earthquake, one will find pretty decent tracks here and some of them are of very good quality. To this respectable group I may add the massive "Transitions" and "Vasseyva" tunes, a simple yet clever remix of "Drums At Dawn" and the slick "One and Together", which showed that despite falling into a routine, Dickster still delivers what you need: live, spontaneous, acidic and charming energy bombs. Of course there are also weak or bland tracks, which, apart from the pale "Woodbox", all belong to the compiler: the track by Screenagers (a co-production with Joti Sidhu) and "Safe Landing", which sounds as if Edoardo decided to publish his unfinished work from the studio. I should also mention about Johannes Regnier a.k.a. Silicon Sound. Although the guy released the "Reshape" single some time ago, other than that there is no sign of his flagship project, not to mention his new album, which was hinted at many years back and which has left fans of Silicon Sound mouth-watering and with their tongues out. His tracks presented here are a real treat and a decent reward for them. "Doomsday Hit", co-created with Sonic Species, is a solid proposition for fans of steady, pumping trance-punch underlined with spacious sonic background and a pinch of claustrophobic mystery. This tune reminds me of some productions by Stellar Magnitude. The last track is another co-production in the history of these two artists: once again Johannes teamed-up with DJ Psychotrop. "Unsophisticated", which appeared earlier on the aforementioned single remixed by The Antidote, puts strong emphasis on the percussion and show its original face, quite peculiar one I should add when compared with other tracks here, as well as contrasted with "typical", usually meatier tracks by the Frenchman. Interesting, different. In the end, banality and mediocrity, which have been constituting the foundations of Neurobiotic Records releases for some time now, seem to fade away into oblivion, along with increasingly better tunes, though perhaps it is too early to make such a verdict. Slowly the label is redeeming itself in my eyes and ears. Keep it up.

Templar / http://www.psytrance.pl

Links:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/neu/neu1cd032.html           www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Sep 12, 2011 17:23
Nice comp.
constantin sankathi

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 14, 2011 11:38
You forget to mention that the choice of the album title is quite strange:

To name a compilation like a well known Atmos-release is a bit lame.

· the hymn of the universe · the beginning of time · the cosmic truth · the infinity of being ·
psychotrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Sep 14, 2011 11:51
hi micky ... for information , edoardo didn't know it was an atmos album name
he saw that after the cd was sent for printing

@ templar, thanx for the kind words, glade you like our track           Psychotrop(Neurobiotic Rec)
www.neurobiotic.com
www.myspace.com/djpsychotrop
www.soundcloud.com/dj-psychotrop
www.facebook.com/psychotropamertume
constantin sankathi

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 14, 2011 12:20
Hi Franck

Edoardo didnt know that Atmos-Release?

Really funny!

Btw your track is really great - different, fresh and full of energy !!!

We need more in that way.           · the hymn of the universe · the beginning of time · the cosmic truth · the infinity of being ·
psychotrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Sep 16, 2011 19:17
thanx micky
we'll try to make another soon           Psychotrop(Neurobiotic Rec)
www.neurobiotic.com
www.myspace.com/djpsychotrop
www.soundcloud.com/dj-psychotrop
www.facebook.com/psychotropamertume
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Nov 11, 2011 17:19
We're awesome           My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
udit

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 14, 2012 00:23
Vasseyva is fucking awesome.. love the stillness sorta feeling.. honestly i haven't been hearing much psytrance lately thats been inspiring me and this one was definitely a nice surprise..

so been looking for a similar sound and came across
crossed line and pump it up by touch tone and a few more tracks on the digoa compilation

are there any other tracks you guys can recommend that have a similar vibe? or please just make more

BTW these songs wanna make me dance like these guys

www.soundcloud.com/middle-path
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tour De Trance (Neurobiotic Records, 2011)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance