Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Tom Heasley - "Desert Triptych" [2005, Farfield]
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tom Heasley - "Desert Triptych" [2005, Farfield]

BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jul 31, 2005 08:46
Artist: Tom Healsey
Title: Desert Triptych
Label: Farfield Records
Released: July, 2005

Tracklist:
1. Joshua Tree - 16'50"
2. Solitude - 28'23"
3. 29 Palms - 21'24"

Review:

“Three Meditations for dijeridu, voice and electronics – recorded live, 2003”. This recording simultaneously swirls above the sonic stratosphere and sinks deeper than 20,000 leagues-under-the-sea. We hear ultra-low didje drones, processed through digital effects, and accented by atmospheric Tuvan throat singing & soaring sweeps and tones. Percussion and rhythm is entirely absent, and there are no clearly-defined melodies either – just exhalations and tonal progressions. However, this is clearly no random low-pass meandering - there is something genuinely musical and epic about the movement of the sound that draws you in deeply. This CD explores hidden marco and mirco scales far above and below the normal spectrum, that non-musicians might not be able to fathom. The recording is divded into 3 long, rather psychedelic tracks.

While the artwork and track titles suggest dry desert, the mood invoked could also be interpreted much like a deep oceanic experience. Whale songs, primordial gaseous atmospheres, inchingly-slow continental drift. The first two tracks are dark and primordial, but halfway through "29 Palms" the tone lightens and the synthesizers seem to ask for forgiveness, and then open up and receive grace.

Tempo and Energy:

Sitting at my desk at work, after lunch, I listened to this with headphones – and I nearly nodded off and fell asleep in my swivel chair. Bilious, bottomless, relaxing and unquestionably hypnotic. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery!

Suitable for:

Sound Healing, Meditation. Shavasana. Gentle hatha yoga, first thing in the morning. Appreciating the vibrations and properties of crystals and mineral. Self-Hypnosis. People who are looking for deep, oceanic-ambient vibrational experience to accompany their spiritual practice will appreciate this.
hyperion
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Aug 19, 2005 02:31
nice review mate...
100% pure ambient..
all releases from farfield records are really wicked!!
          Music may not take us to the Moon or let us live forever, but as we enter trough the doors it is opening before us, we find things far beyond our everyday experiences..

http://www.myspace.com/djhyperion
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Tom Heasley - "Desert Triptych" [2005, Farfield]

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance