Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tokyo 5 a.m. (Wakyo Records, 2011)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tokyo 5 a.m. (Wakyo Records, 2011)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Sep 9, 2011 19:24:18
Tokyo 5 a.m.

Wakyo Records, 2011

1. Headroom - Menace To Sobriety
2. Zen Mechanics & Sonic Species - Air Knob
3. Tristan - Addicted
4. Dickster - Glader
5. Earthling - Tripping The Rift
6. Pan Papason & DJ Anarkick - No More Pickles
7. Ion vs Pause - Addicted To Bass
8. DuoTekk - The Fun Begins
9. Pan Papason - 2000 Years Ago (Ion Remix)

Headroom, Tristan, Earthling, Zen Mechanics, Dickster, DuoTekk - wow. I immediately associate such a roster with something really promising and it makes me reach for this compilation without a moment's hesitation. Unfortunately it is not that good after hearing the material and one begins to regret a little the money or transfer, not to mention time. The whole thing is without the previously expected fireworks. It is a quite simple, let's say decent compilation. Compilations such as "God Save The Machine", "Wingmakers 2: Beyondwards & Upwards" and "Tales Of Heads" definitely have the upper hand here. The tracks that are quite satisfying are those provided by Headroom, Dickster, Earthling, Tristan and DuoTekk. With these fellows it is hard to stumble upon lousy music, although more than once I caught myself a bit bored while listening to the tunes here. The first one is particularly interesting: raw, mechanical, specific. The fat "Addicted" track and the acidic "Glader" are another blasters, but as far as the abilities of both their authors are concerned it is definitely far below a certain level. The situation is worse in case of the rest of the tracks, especially those by Mr. Papason, where one can hear that the compiler obviously could not lift the burden of this compilation and is playing second or even third fiddle, having the role of a standard CD-filler. The assumption behind the presence of these tracks was perhaps to somehow provide some balance in contrast to the more familiar names, but this is not the right material for the task and as a consequence one can encounter bland, sometimes mercilessly artificial tunes (the unnecessary disco-ish tracks like "No More Pickles" and "Addicted To Bass ") among the stronger tracks. Despite mouth-watering appearances, this compilation is proof of how large a role in selling the product play well-recognized artists. I recommend caution to avoid hasty decisions. Nothing groundbreaking here - and with such a team of names it should be.

Templar / http://www.psytrance.pl

Links:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/wky/wky1cd030.html
          www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Sep 11, 2011 09:44
Nice compilation.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Sep 23, 2011 09:47
Great set of tracks in this one. I'd surely recommend it.           No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
PSYDUDE
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Sep 28, 2011 18:42
NICE!!
ierofante

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 14, 2012 10:37
The first three track are nice and pleasant, even though I don't think they belong to the same compilation.

But the tracks from 4 to the finish... Eh...           Fire Walk With Me
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tokyo 5 a.m. (Wakyo Records, 2011)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance