Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ticon Remixes EP (Digital Structures, Mar. 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ticon Remixes EP (Digital Structures, Mar. 2002)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Feb 25, 2002 15:44:29
[b][u]Ticon Remixes EP (Digital Structures, Mar. 2002)[/b][/u]
1. Ticon- We Are the Mammoth Hunters (MOS remix) 8:00
2. Ticon- We Are the Mammoth Hunters (P-Woland remix) 7:28
3. Ticon- Lo-Mi-Hi (Atmos remix) 8:07
4. Ticon- Lo-Mi-Hi (The Aircrash Bureau remix) 7:39

After causing a big impact in 2001 with a lot of hits and an amazing debut album, Ticon are back with a remixes EP in their home label Digital Structures. Two of their best tracks were chosen to be remixed. From their album, their best track for me, and surely their biggest hit on the outdoor psychedelic dancefloors- We Are the Mammoth Hunters, and on the other hand a more clubby indoor soft hit- Lo-Mi-Hi.
MOS start with their version of the mammoths- strong powerful pounding track as to be expected from MOS and a sure driving hit on every dancefloor. Still, I must say that it's not much of an interpretation for me. The original has enough power of its own and sounds more organic, MOS don't tell us a different story really. P-Woland takes us to different places in a more groovy version, and more of a remix. It's a real nice one, and a very enjoyable track, but the feeling that we're in a mammoth hunt is lost, and in that it misses the point, I think.
Atmos remix to Lo-Mi-Hi is a real surprise- massive distorted sound, a feel that reminds me of The Delta, but much softer, with a lot of emotions and a fairy tale atmosphere. A full power trance work that opens up beautifully in the end, and a definite in-your-face floor stormer. It also gives a different perspective on the original. Ladies & Gentlemen- Atmos is back! The Aircrash Bureau go to another territory altogether- technoish clubby explosive version, with great percussion and a totally engulfing build up. Though it's not the music that I listen to usually, I must say I find it quite irresistible.

[b]Bottom Line:[/b] The Lo-Mi-Hi remixes give us more than the Mammoth Hunters ones. Anyway this is a must for DJs and Ticon lovers. I think it would have been nice to have the originals here as well. [b]Favorites:[/b] 1, 3(!), 4.
___starjoker
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 25, 2002 15:54:28
sounds like great EP... no, it is !!!

and Atmos didnt left us ;) he is God Of Groooove.
___NaFTa
Old Forum Member
Posted : Feb 25, 2002 21:56:20
as a fanatic fan ;) of ticon I had to hear those tracks. The Mos rmx to my fav track of last year is great. P.woland, though is rather slow and imho wreckons the unique feeling of that track (I didn't feel i was hunting :D)
Number 3 is awesome, atmos is amazing, really.
number 4 was nice but nothing more imo.
any mammoth hunter should get this one.

bye bye
___DJ_HIKARI
Old Forum Member
Posted : Feb 26, 2002 08:49:50
I want it. for sure. Double dragon had the cd this weekend spun a track from it i think. sounds good.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ticon Remixes EP (Digital Structures, Mar. 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance