Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ticon- Knights EP (Digital Structures, Dec. 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ticon- Knights EP (Digital Structures, Dec. 2002)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 14, 2002 13:05
Ticon- Knights EP (Digital Structures, Dec. 2002)
A. Waiting for the Knights 9:19
B. There Is No Plan 8:51

A new vinyl from Ticon with two new tracks as a teaser for their new album expected in March 2003. Ticon have been releasing quite a lot on compilations in different labels and in different names (also as NDSA) and somehow, while producing very good dancefloor material, failed to innovate. So what does this EP tells us about that much-expected album?
Waiting for the Knights on the A side is a powerful crunchy piece of music with grabby groove, airy atmosphere and powerful crunchy moving sounds. Strong and extremely dramatic break in the middle turns it into quite a powerful dancing experience (I've tried) with a lot of power and feel and quite an optimistic feel. A real dancefloor hit.
The B side- There Is No Plan- we get a totally grabbing percussive Ticonish groove right from the start, unfortunately it is topped by banal lifeless melodic lines radiating no emotion, and pretty much get lost. Well, B sides are usually either leftovers or experimental different tunes. I prefer the second type of course.

Bottom Line: So the question is still unanswered really.. guess we'll have to wait and see. The A side is an excellent floor killer as only Ticon can do. The B side, well, I hope they do something else with that basic groove... Real innovation though, I haven't found here- I'm waiting patiently.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Dec 14, 2002 14:49
nice release. nothing extraordinaire.
ticon, and it say all.           Believe your soul !
Kenneth
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Dec 14, 2002 16:57
Waiting 4 the Knights is a wake call 4 all of us clubby/proggressive people that the king is back 4 his exail in the House scene! Great pumpin' tune with very cool samples and kickin' bass-line!
There is no plan - a great track, i agree completly with Shahr's words about it!           "...God made weed, Man made booze. Who do u trust?..."
pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Dec 14, 2002 18:16
Amazing EP! Ticon at their best, hitting that hard to reach balance between groove, progress and hypnoticity perfectly. Cant wait for the new album, theres an older DJ set of theirs at www.thumpradio.com to listen or download.

Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Dec 14, 2002 20:22
the 1st track is fuckin killllller !!!           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Rabbitalien

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 15, 2002 20:37
I believe the track on the A side is by far the best progressive tune ever heard this year..

Well done Ticon!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ticon- Knights EP (Digital Structures, Dec. 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance