Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - the uk psy year 2002
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

the uk psy year 2002

tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Dec 24, 2002 16:50
hey fellow denizens of the uk, the year is drawing to a close, there are no more psy nights before 2003 (the NYE parties end in 2003 and thus have no place in a review of 2002), so the question is, what do you think of the year from a UK perspective? favourite party etc etc..

its been a pretty good year for parties certainly from the perspective of live acts that have been appearing, not just in london either, both tribe of frog and shroom in bristol have had some serious players at their events and smaller parties in manchester and leeds have also been occurring.

but the most fun i've had, as always, has been when i've been at a good party with all my mates, they are rather more receptive to my sometimes bizzare behaviour than members of the public

highlights for me...
>> psygate, rex, may 11th - gms / deedrah/synthetic
>> alchemy party, rex, june 14th - miraculix / dark soho / shane + spencer
>> astral phoenix, rex, oct 5th - BLT / Astrix / infected
>> tribe of frog, black swan, 26th oct (?) - reprise of alchemy party in june as it happens, but hell it was a fucking laugh.. and it was a change to drink cider instead of beer

ooakley dokely.. what do YOU think ?          >>love will tear us apart...<<
psytwin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Dec 24, 2002 22:00
well , the year 2002 which is about to finish was like you said pretty good one
lots of great live acts in UK specialy (London).

I've been to the must of the big events like you :
Psygate, Alchemy party, Astal phoenix, Tribe of frog, Azuma, and my last one was laugh.. of "Fairy Tales" with live act of "Dual Head"

So, i've had a lots of fun this year, even i've been working has a VJ on must of those events

I hope next year will be nice too and even better !
biggins

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 25, 2002 15:55
hey up, hope ur all good, i say this cos i haven't posted for a while.
This years bin cool really, not been out as much but have found nyself involved with parties as opposed to being a punter all the time and have got a lot more out of it than ihave for a while. its bin nice.

party favourites;

x-dream/cosmosis @ the rex
GMS/1200mics @ the rex

"magikana" party in wales (biased answer i know but had such a good time and learnt so much )

John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 26, 2002 14:02
Not strictly true that there are no more psy parties left - very london-centric view there!! In fact there are loads in the grim north in next few days...

**Boxing Day - Planet Zogg - Corporation - Sheffield 10pm/6am

Primarily trance techno but with a psy-trance room as well as a funky grooves room

**Relativity & Sunrise Xmas party - Music Box - Manchester - Fri 27th Dec 10pm/6am

**Cabbage - Leeds West Indian Centre - Sat 28th Dec

**Kulu - Sat 28th Dec - Bradford

There's life beyond watford you know!!

John
Nik
Error Corrective

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Dec 26, 2002 20:34
best party of the year had to be the first 'where the wild things are' party in bracknell forest. cant remember who played but it really was a very special night and following day ..... under the trees on jubilee weekend, superb vibe...................
MonasticSquid
MonasticSquid

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Dec 27, 2002 00:22
Hey... groovers...... in no particular order... Fav. parties were...

Cosmosis/Shift/Miraculix - Liquid outdoor
Cosmosis/Bamboo Forest - AZUMA
DARK SOHO/Shane Gobi - Tribe Of Frog

good times, good tunes with GOOD friends

Miss ya all.. have a wicked NYE...
love & Light
Rob
          ---------------------------------------------
www.myspace.com/mtheoryuk
www.myspace.com/monasticsquid
www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 27, 2002 01:52
For me the best UK party of the year by far was the Liquid outdoor party in Guildford which rob mentions....

Also all the other parties people have mentioned were top.. Also Chichime gets the Jon Dee special prize for _always_ being extremely good fun:)

Basically I have never had such an amazing time as this year, since I came to London from LA. It has been a total joy meeting everyone and going to all these parties... those in UK, plus Voov and Boom. I am quite curious where things will go in 2003: for me personally, for my friends, and for the scene in general!!
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Dec 27, 2002 13:34
ok, following correction from our friends in the north (welcome to the forum john ) the year 2002 is now deemed to have ended on 24 / 12
care to tell us what the best parties have been elsewhere in the country anyone?           >>love will tear us apart...<<
RumZ

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 28, 2002 13:17
Best night for me had to be,

Deedrah/GMS/Synthetic at the Rex.

But i also really enjoyed

Unconcious Collective at Tribe of Frog.
Dark Soho at Chichime.

mark

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 30, 2002 17:55
Tristan, ayahaucana(!?!), eq, four hour morning set 8-12, didn't stop for one jot, was amazed.....(eq was set up different too, pleasant change at the time)

Leeds, squat party, just over a mnth ago, coupla hours before it got-ahem-shut down was seriously rocking, music and the crowd, bit of a plug for the 'magikana crew' there but well deserved.

Hi Biggins! hope all's well

snafu

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 9, 2003 16:23
Tristan never turned up for that. I remember forcing myself to stay until 8 then some guy came on and said that Tristan wasn't there so Shane Gobi carried on playing. I left.
The best party was definitely Space Tribe at The Rex
morph27
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jan 9, 2003 16:25
Liquid Connective 3dayer - oh lovely!!!!!
tigga
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 18, 2003 12:16
for me 2002 was the year that clubbing fell flat on its face in a pile of shit, broke its neck and finally died a death choking on its own pretentious commercial arse.....

sorry to all you who are enjoying it, i'm sure the parties were great, but time and time again i found myself in clubs thinking hold on i feel like i am trying to enjoy myself more than enjoying myself. then i have a summer of outdoor festies, open skies, beautiful people, dangerous parties and i realise that clubbing is dead, at last, for me.

never again will i pay through the nose to go through this experience of queing to be ripped off, have things stolen from bags in clockrooms, have sweating pilled up idiots fall into me and so on and on........

i am retreating to the backwaters of psychedelia where the vibe is wholesome, creative and thoroughly independant of all bullshit.

party of the year - Magikana 4 dayer in wales, not a party like it, closely followed by Voov.
night(s) of the year - Gecko/Aspire nights in leeds, homegrown and pure kicking
clubbing debacle of the year - Logic Bomb @ Kundalini - what a fucking joke           live life; be free
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - the uk psy year 2002

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance