Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - The Remedy (ZMA, Dec. 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Remedy (ZMA, Dec. 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Dec 31, 2001 15:08:14
[b][u]The Remedy (ZMA, Dec. 2001)[/b][/u]
1. Morphem- Gainalizer 8:25
2. Prisoners of the Sun- Image Acustica 9:13
3. Antix- Altered Axis 9:12
4. Segment- Gelfling (skeskeses mix) 7:21
5. Adrenachrome- Drug Inventory 6:59
6. Fuzzion- Sound 154 6:53
7. Nuclear Ramjet- Those Who Digg (ver. 1.1) 7:42
8. Kumei- Homo Robato 12:17

A new compilation from the Greek ZMA, compiled by Hercules the anarchist. This time a bit more varied and soft, though still very much within the ZMA boundaries you're used to- psychedelic tech-trance.

Morphem open with morningish Gainalizer featuring a multitude of aliens having a nice conversation over coffee and some brownies. Psychedelic mornings forever! Oh, and give it at least one listen with headphones. POTS with a nice groovy piece, nice, but not more, and I would make a global cut. Then the kiwis hit hard and dark, Antix with the scary Altered Axis, a mechanic pounding march through a scary landscape. Segment, Morphem and another guy, with a real nice relaxed morning tune, a gem, and a nice reminder of the good old Morphem days. Adrenachrome, half POTS, does it to me much more that POTS, and brings you a storming havoc of percussions, a happy energetic piece of music. Fuzzion take a different direction of what you were used to hear from them. A massive technoish tune with clubby touches, Ticon influences, and huge sound. Nuclear Ramjet follow the same lane with a lesson in digging- massive tech-trance assault. Kumei, another new Greek surprise, end with the real cute Homo Robato, a happy tune best described by its name- prepare yourselves for a long journey in robots' land.

[b]Bottom line:[/b] A real good one from ZMA, a lot of good dancefloor material still making a good home listening experience.
[b]Favorites:[/b] 1, 3, 4(!), 5-7, 8(!).

___plasticafantastica
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 3, 2002 20:53:22
Hey Shahar very nice review, For me this comp was all about Antix- Altered Axis.
___kaz
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 4, 2002 17:05:57
good dancefloor stuff.

Antix is evil incarnate :)
___NaFTa
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 5, 2002 00:36:51
good review ! tracks 3&4 are killers ;)

Bye, Alon.
___luizparreiras
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 6, 2002 16:21:55
Antix are two ppl right? So they are like Twin Demons Asaf...
anyway, haven't heard the disc yet, waiting for mine to arrive. But it most surely looks good.
And shahar, as usual, great work.
:-)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - The Remedy (ZMA, Dec. 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance