First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Overused TB303

V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 12:18
I don't know if 303 is the really basis of true or good goa trance, I know that some of the greats didn't like the 303 at all but still made trippy sounds.

A good live or dj set of true acid techno just blows my mind every time though!           I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 15:00
wooohoooo!!!! cant get enuf of green nuns since their last set in the boom... proper tweaked 303 usage

and for a serious 303 track:

how can you not fucking love the 303?!

btw if anyone would please resume posting their favorite 303 tracks here:

http://forum.isratrance.com/your-favorite-303-track-thread/

thanks,

a 303 lover
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 15:31
303 is the shit

Everybody needs a 303

Everyone in the world is doing something without me
spacelove
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 19:23
Quote:

On 2010-09-04 16:59:50, Nathan wrote:

It was gr8 in the old goa Days. Its Original meaning was to be a bassline. But now it sounds so primitive, old and gray. There are some gr8 tracks with TB 303 ( like few Ace Ventura's Tracks) that I'm don't mind the usage of TB303, But In most tracks its boring and overused.

What do you Think about the TB303?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enyny7vXGi4

Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 19:24
Quote:

On 2010-09-06 00:13, Mike A wrote:
Anyway my point was that the guitar is an integral part of rock, so the 303 is an integral part of psychedelic trance.

Was. and shoud stay in the old school Trance.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 19:33
Is. And will stay in all varieties of dance music for as long as there is electricity to power it.           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Sep 8, 2010 20:40
20 Years fron now - I doubt it           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 21:27
That's what they said 20 years ago...           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Sep 8, 2010 21:56
20 Years ago it was the beginning of the Electronic Scene. 20 years from now the TB will be popular only if the evolution stops.

I understand why people are so In love will 303 - it represents the quality days when there were so many good artists. Now the number of the bad artists is big -+40%. or as Yuli said Fast Food Music.
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 22:00
Quote:

On 2010-09-08 21:56, Nathan wrote:
20 Years ago it was the beginning of the Electronic Scene. 20 years from now the TB will be popular only if the evolution stops.

I understand why people are so In love will 303 - it represents the quality days when there were so many good artists. Now the number of the bad artists is big -+40%. or as Yuli said Fast Food Music.

No.

The reason you are speaking bullocks probably is because you never been tripping with properly distorted and delayed TB303 crying over your head. ( Ofcourse now you will say you don't need drugs to enjoy Trance music )... But if you would, you probably would never ever even raise the topic... TeeeeBeeeee has driven more Trancers into the speaker than any other synth.

They gave you what?!...           http://perfectlystrange.com
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 22:01
Quote:

On 2010-09-08 21:27, Colin OOOD wrote:
That's what they said 20 years ago...

Colin!

Was very short one on Boom but good seeing you... I was so sad to come only for couple of days, it was just too good there           http://perfectlystrange.com
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Sep 8, 2010 22:37
Quote:

On 2010-09-08 22:00, Fu Hsi wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-08 21:56, Nathan wrote:

No.

The reason you are speaking bullocks probably is because you never been tripping with properly distorted and delayed TB303 crying over your head.

I never used Chemicals: Just weed. Why? Tha'ts For another discussion. I don't love The TB303 sound on a clean mind. I doubt I would love it under the influence.
There are many sounds in Trance that makes me go Insane - 303 is not one of them. maybe It will sound naive - but the most powerful Drug I used so Far was FREq's music.

vector_0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 22:55
after listening to those two tracks (green nuns & cosmosis) i think that if anything, there should be MORE tracks with the 303. would be awesome if roland re-released it so I could get one for less than $2000.

from what I can tell, none of the software 303 emulators sound quite as good as the original. if I am wrong, can someone please point me in the right direction?           http://soundcloud.com/rob-vector
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Sep 8, 2010 23:22
nathan im sorry but the drug argument is a load of crap... i started listening to trance at the age of 12 and loved the 303 ever since i first heard it... 303 sounds fucking insane if played right and i absolutely need no mind altering to go crazy when i hear it... that said - when i am on something the 303 is even crazier - and its the best when its used as a lead in a track i love the way its gives a track its drive...

vector - this is exactly what i thought... if any theres not enough use of the 303 today... anyway you asked for more green nun 303 frenzy ? (sorry i just cant stop listening to rock bitch mafia ever since boom, maybe the best green nuns set ive heard so far )

some acid drenched 303 lead a-la wink here starting at 3:46:

a totally different way to use the 303:

and the classic:

Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Sep 8, 2010 23:54
goaren, Thats why the only goa Artists I loved Were Astral & MFG.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - The Overused TB303
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance